Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Knower

Unhappy Frustrated with dietician

At college it is hard for me to find food to eat in the dining hall. I am allergic to onions, lentils, beans, eggs, dairy, and honey and on top of that I am vegan. (Unfortunately onion is an incredibly common ingredient in recipes.) I have been eating a very monotonous diet for the first few weeks of school and thus have felt more faint and had more gastrointestinal issues that I did not have before. (I've considered cooking for myself, but my dorm doesn't have a kitchen.)

However, the school does offer special diets to people who have severe allergies or religious restrictions. I went to the dietician thinking I would be able to make the case for a special diet. Instead she told me that my "choice" to be vegan was too restrictive and bordered on a mental illness. She said that someone with allergies should never consider a vegan diet. I'm pretty frustrated right now because the idea of eating most animal products does not appeal to me at all. If I ate them I would feel like a hypocrite for espousing vegan values without following through myself.

Logically, I know that all I can do is the best I can, and that I need to balance my own needs with the needs of animals and the environment. But it's very hard to choose, "OK, which kind of meat or fish produces the least suffering?"

What would you do in this situation?