Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Mayflow

Perfect answer?

What makes Buddha Buddha?

Nothing.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 AM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow:
8-10-2012 07:26 PM Post #1

Nothing.

Perfect!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow

Nothing.

everything? teehee ..

x dazzle x
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 AM
amy green

Enlightenment
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:

Nothing.

What makes Buddha , Buddha ? In my current opinion is YOU , is ME , is ownself , is always own self , own attachment nothing else .
Thks
CSEe
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
What makes Buddha , Buddha ? In my current opinion is YOU , is ME , is ownself , is always own self , own attachment nothing else .
Thks
CSEe

In the words of Sister Khema:

"Non-self is experienced through the aspect of impermanence, through the aspect of unsatisfactoriness, and through the aspect of emptiness. Empty of what? The word "emptiness" is so often misunderstood because when one only thinks of it as a concept, one says "what do you mean by empty?" Everything is there: there are the people, and there are their insides, guts and their bones and blood and everything is full of stuff — and the mind is not empty either. It's got ideas, thoughts and feelings. And even when it doesn't have those, what do you mean by emptiness? The only thing that is empty is the emptiness of an entity.

"There is no specific entity in anything. That is emptiness. That is the nothingness. That nothingness is also experienced in meditation. It is empty, it is devoid of a specific person, devoid of a specific thing, devoid of anything which makes it permanent, devoid of anything which even makes it important. The whole thing is in flux. So the emptiness is that. And the emptiness is to be seen everywhere; to be seen in oneself. And that is what is called anatta, non-self. Empty of an entity. There is nobody there. It is all imagination. At first that feels very insecure."

Perhaps what is at first insecurity develops into liberation?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM
amy green

Mayflow - I feel that you have chosen one aspect of Buddhism to denote what the Buddha is.

Buddha means the enlightened one.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Mayflow

"There is no Bodhi-tree,
Nor stand of a mirror bright.
Since all is Void,
Where can the dust alight?"
Huineng

"I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree."

Joyce Kilmer
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
"what do you mean by empty?" Everything is there:

absolutely _ everything and nothing can be seen in the same light .

x dazzle x
Old 11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
In the words of Sister Khema:

"Non-self is experienced through the aspect of impermanence, through the aspect of unsatisfactoriness, and through the aspect of emptiness. Empty of what? The word "emptiness" is so often misunderstood because when one only thinks of it as a concept, one says "what do you mean by empty?" Everything is there: there are the people, and there are their insides, guts and their bones and blood and everything is full of stuff — and the mind is not empty either. It's got ideas, thoughts and feelings. And even when it doesn't have those, what do you mean by emptiness? The only thing that is empty is the emptiness of an entity.

"There is no specific entity in anything. That is emptiness. That is the nothingness. That nothingness is also experienced in meditation. It is empty, it is devoid of a specific person, devoid of a specific thing, devoid of anything which makes it permanent, devoid of anything which even makes it important. The whole thing is in flux. So the emptiness is that. And the emptiness is to be seen everywhere; to be seen in oneself. And that is what is called anatta, non-self. Empty of an entity. There is nobody there. It is all imagination. At first that feels very insecure."

Perhaps what is at first insecurity develops into liberation?

Can you truly tell me that when you look at your loved ones, your wife, your child, your grandson or daughter...that you don't see something unique and special?
Do you look at them and tell yourself that there is nobody there?
My point is that it is easy to adopt this concept as a concept but it is only that.
If you don't believe me then look at you children and tell me what you see.

Now keep in mind that I agree with the concept but if I look closely, that's all it is for me.