Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Lostgirl

The Scott Cunningham book is called the Magical Household....I have misplaced my copy :( Its co written with David Harrington. :) Hope that helps.
Old 20-10-2010, 09:21 PM
November Decay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Don't worry about the feng shui... set your rooms out instinctively and you'll probably find they fit the basic principles anyway! That happened for me...

Sounds good, thanks for the advice! I think my room has some really good flow, now that my uncles helped me redecorate and all. My house needs some work though ;) We just bought a new place and are beginning to restore it, so I expect it to take a while ^^;

@Lostgirl - Thanks, I will definitely look into that!

@White Wolf - That's what we're all here for :)
Old 26-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Animus27

Feng Shui is a geomancy practice based on a amalgamation of various Chinese traditions. It uses placement of objects to mimic the harmony of heaven so that the universal flow of Qi is beneficial for the area and it's not blocked.

Wicca is a religion based off old pagan practices and ceremonial magick.

So the two can be very different in what they consider 'harmony".

Do as much research as you can, so you can find a nice balance between them. But you might find that they can be counter-active to each other. If you want to take the traditionalist stance on Feng Shui.

Just read read read and talk to people who use it. You should find the right mixture that satisfies your spiritual needs.
Old 27-10-2010, 03:15 AM
November Decay

Yeah, that was my whole problem, that they clashed so much and all. I've been trying to do research on the two, but it's difficult. So, for now, I'm kinda going with my instincts on this one :)
Old 27-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Decay
Yeah, that was my whole problem, that they clashed so much and all. I've been trying to do research on the two, but it's difficult. So, for now, I'm kinda going with my instincts on this one :)
Good. The big thing is making a system that means something to YOU. It takes a lot of work to weave together something you like and has meaning, but it's very satisfying.

Good luck!