Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 20-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Niebla0007

Hello! Sonia,

It's a far better alternative than drinking a few cups of coffee a day,
& at least, it doesn't taste barky,
I find it very nice & refreshing as an Iced Green Tea with a slice of orange on the side.

Old 20-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Master

I just thought I would mention that green tea seems to trigger some allergy/sensitivity in me, especially if I have more than a cup or so. I read recently that tea is often adulterated with grass clippings. Lawn treatment chemicals are quite toxic and not meant for consumption, so this is worrisome. I don't know how much of a problem this is, but I thought I'd mention it. I didn't realize the green tea was what was making me feel bad, but when I stopped drinking it, I felt better. But I am sensitive to many chemicals and food allergens more than most, it might not bother others.
Old 21-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Master
Thanks, Louisa, for bringing up the issue of food fraud. I just read some articles on tea mixed with grass and fern clippings. My son will sometimes get skin rashes and hives from rolling on the grass. I can't imagine what would happen if he ingests the teas which thank goodness he has no interest in right now.
Old 22-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Master

Hi Berry. I always like to tell people about these things, but many people don't want to know, because either they don't believe or they're too overwhelmed by all the things they might have to worry about (and I understand that too, sometimes sources contradict one another and it seems like every last thing is contaminated and who knows which contaminants are wors(e/t)... lol Many chemicals haven't been studied enough to really say). My life has been transformed by these kinds of information and for the first 20 years of my life I never knew why I had so many health problems or that I could even do anything about it. Never heard of chemical sensitivities. A serendipitous environmental sociology class informed and made me paranoid too. lol In a good way.

But I do like sharing this kind of info online on forums and such. There its easier to take it or leave it. I find it very useful, and when I track my symptoms I often find that I feel much better after removing such types of things from my diet (but there are exceptions). Sadly, so much is unregulated or self-regulated by the industries, so there can be conflicts of interest. (often worse regulated in third world countries, no surprise) Chemicals are often used before being tested adequately, or at all. Since I am somewhat sensitive and allergic to many things, I am always finding myself feeling out of it or achy or lethargic, even when I eat things that are supposed to be healthy, so I'm always trying to weed through the possible things that might be bothering me and look for more information about it. It is continual and slow progress, and since so much is poorly regulated, I am not sure I'll ever get it all in balance, but over the years, my health has greatly improved due to this effort and experimentation.

Here is a site that the article I read referenced. You can search for a given food or an adulterant. (The article that I read a little while ago was from msn)

http://www.foodfraud.org/
Old 22-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Master
Great site Louisa! I'm finding myself following your footsteps.
Old 22-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Master

Good luck to you! It is sometimes time-consuming and slow, but it is so worthwhile to detoxify one's lifestyle and diet, if one has sensitivities or allergies. I have found many sites and books that helped me over the years. Maybe I'll post more of them sometime. Now most of it I've incorporated into my lifestyle, but I'm always learning something new about this subject.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Kenneath

Hi Magdalena,
Green tea not only helps in losing weight by burning fat and boosting metabolism but also improve immunity system and reduce the risk of diabetes, influenza, Alzheimer disease and rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea prevents aging also and promotes healthy nails, hair and skin.
Old 28-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Ascender
Wow, I learned so much about green tea in this thread! lol
I drink a lot of Tazo Zen (spirimint/lemon grass) green tea at work because I'm a barista and it's free. Lately, I've been drinking the 5-6 cups a day+ since I've become more health conscious. Looks like I should cut back a bit. I do feel better drinking it, though. Coffee really tears my tummy up but again, I make the stuff for 8+ hours a day so free can be hard to resist!

Matcha powder? How do you feel about it? Green tea lattes mmmmm. Or just matcha and hot water. Love it.

Thanks guys!
Old 29-06-2013, 05:28 PM
MarkHerry

Green tea is best solution of fat. It is good to reduce high blood pressure and also makes our skin healthy. Green tea prevents us from cancer and many other diseases. Two cup of green tea is good to drink daily.