Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 24-09-2011, 12:08 AM
ladylight

Book1 Book recommendations?

Could any of you recommend some good books for beginner lightworkers. I'm talking "Lightworker for Dummies" or something that comprehensive/basic. A year ago I was not even familiar with the term lightworker, I would have assumed it meant one who works for the electric company. ; )

Now, after an amazing and sometimes unbelievable series of events over the last year, I am convinced that my life purpose is lightwork. I read Doreen Virtue's, The Lightworkers Way. I thought it was ok, but it seemed somewhat hollywood and a little hoaxy for my taste. I also couldn't relate to her as she has had paranormal activity as a regular part of her existence most of her life. Not so with me. I had very few if any signs of clairvoyant, telepathic abilities, etc. I am beginning to open up to my abilities now and want to know more. I have a terrific teacher who I am working closely with but I would also like to read more about it all.

love & light!
Old 24-09-2011, 01:06 AM
mattie

Explore Various Writers

LOL about the LW being an electrical company worker. They are, in a way, but sort of like the Universe’s line worker!

There are others including those on this site who’ve had various psychic abilities open always. This isn’t a claim that is unique to Virtue or people on this site.

I’m not familiar w/ the ‘LWs Way,’ but Virtue’s ‘Archangels & Ascended Masters’ is a good summary of about 60 often mentioned nonphysical beings. ‘Realms of the Earth Angels’ is an updated version of her 2002 ‘Earth Angels’ that discusses categories of types of incarnations if one is interested in this subject. Virtue has some of this information on her site. The latter would be more useful after reading some other new age type information. Her angel cards are popular w/ many even though I've not used them.

Explore different writers & read who appeals to you. There are allot of writers as it is necessary to have different work that appeals to different types of people. What one person sees as odd will be the perfect message for someone else & vice versa.

Suzan Carroll’s site multidimensons.com explains many things in a way that is very clearly written w/ a minimum of the ~~woo-woo~~ that is common in some new age writing. The site is huge. All of her monthly newsletters are archived there. Read from the first for the best explanation. She shares useful information about her journey. Her books are available as free downloads.

Deepak Chopra’s (chopra.com) site has a good Q&A section. For channels, SpiritLibrary.com is useful. Crystalinks.com covers allot of subjects. There is a huge amount of information on this site (spiritualforums). Ask questions about whatever you’re exploring. Google issues of interest & bookmark sites of interest. Avoid sites that sell information. Not necessary.

Newbie→Lightworker→Wayshower- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...153#post150153

Discernment- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=12105

Move past fear. TRUST your own energies. Enjoy the journey for it is a journey of joy.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Master
You could try Doreen Virtue's The Lightworker's Way.
Old 24-09-2011, 11:17 AM
ladylight

Thank you mattie! You've given me some great resources. I will check them all out.

love & light to you.
Old 24-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylight
Could any of you recommend some good books for beginner lightworkers. I'm talking "Lightworker for Dummies" or something that comprehensive/basic. A year ago I was not even familiar with the term lightworker, I would have assumed it meant one who works for the electric company. ; )

Now, after an amazing and sometimes unbelievable series of events over the last year, I am convinced that my life purpose is lightwork. I read Doreen Virtue's, The Lightworkers Way. I thought it was ok, but it seemed somewhat hollywood and a little hoaxy for my taste. I also couldn't relate to her as she has had paranormal activity as a regular part of her existence most of her life. Not so with me. I had very few if any signs of clairvoyant, telepathic abilities, etc. I am beginning to open up to my abilities now and want to know more. I have a terrific teacher who I am working closely with but I would also like to read more about it all.

love & light!

Lay a firm foundation~

You will experience both profound new events as well as things you would rather not experience! Prepare for both......

"Self-Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization by Manly P Hall", will prepare you for both.
"Man And His Symbols by Carl Jung" , will prepare you for both.
"Dreams:Your Magic Mirror by Elsie Sechrist will help you tune into your Inner Guidance which is what you really need to reach.

Old 24-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Medium_Laura

Oh the Carl Jung one is awesome! I love him!