Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Master
Fear of death?
I can not remember ever feeling fear about death.
Letting go is one of my strongest attributes.
It ensures me not to get trapped on any level a the return to where I came from.
What ever anyone believes, in an existence or not, will not change what will happen.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Deactivated Account
I think most who fear death don't know how to live, when we are living our life and enjoying all that may arise, we then have no time to fear death, and when death comes, we except it with arms open, for we have had a good life, in fact the only life we will ever have.
Old 25-03-2016, 04:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
After you die, there is no more "You."

I believe the true "You"...the essence of your core being, Divine Oneness (whatever you choose to label it...) does not really "die"...It is only the physical body that dies...the spirit/soul ascends to reunite with unconditional love and your soul connections...

This is why I do not fear death...AT ALL

Don't get me wrong, I avoid potential situations which may cause instantaneous death because as humans we are biologically hardwired to survive and avoid dangerous situations to the best of our conscious ability...the instinct to survive is very strong and there is nothing wrong with desiring to continue living....but I am completely submitted to the fact I will physically die at some point in my life...It is inevitable...and I am at peace with that...I see Death as a "friend" of sorts, when it is my time to end my life here in the physical...
Old 25-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Master
Death is illusory.
there is no "witness" who can proclaim "i am dead"...
there is no animating force within death.
all tales of dead things are told by living creatures.
Life is real, death is illusion.
life is a collection of experiences; the process of death is experienced
as a transition from one state of being into another.
even Scientific Law holds that energy can neither be created nor destroyed,
only modified in its forms....
when people speak of death, i (generally) understand them as speaking
of "cessation of being" - which is simply not doable.
if they are meaning to speak of "transitioning into a different realm" of being,
i see absolutely no cause for concern.
i transition into a new realm every time i go from one room of the house
to another - no big deal.
maybe the fear that people speak of is due to the sense that things are
happening of which we have no control?
but that's quite commonplace as well.
it seems to boil down to a fundamental question:
is the universe i inhabit a friend or a foe?
it is fear that imagines a need for "protection".
fear suspects malevolent motivations which can cause adverse effects.
fear is illusory, it has no animating life energy.
there is no being who can give witness to fear by (truthfully) proclaiming
"i am fear".
all of life can give witness to love (and it does!).
Old 25-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
maybe the fear that people speak of is due to the sense that things are happening of which we have no control?

I believe there is a lot of truth to this...by not being in control causes panic/anxiety/fear in people...which is completely understandable because on the physical/biological level we are programmed to desire survival at all costs...I believe it's when we realize and attain a state of awareness beyond the physical that one may find peace in the inevitability that death comes to all and we cannot run from it...

When we reach a state of awareness that we do not die spiritually, and we continue on in our truest form, it helps alleviate those fears and worries about death...
Old 25-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Deactivated Account
I feel as though I've experienced death in so many ways already. The loss of people (not just through death), the loss of my body through illness, the loss of certain roles that I cherished, the loss of particular times of my life, etc.

Death is one more loss. I have no fear of it. Sometimes in the past life felt so bad that I longed for it. I live my life knowing that I'm ready, whenever it is.
Old 25-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Knower
As s student of Chaldean numerology I love to examine the energy of words.

'Death' is 19/1

Which is fascinating, as 1 is a new beginning.
And the 19 is shorthand for from birth (1) to the 'end/culmination of a cycle (9)

Reassuring and amazing...

I was with a very close relative when she died. Prior to her death she had been incredibly ill and expected to die 'any day' for several months. It was excruciating. She didn't want to go. And then she did. For the last few days she would wake up and complain that she was still here and demand to know why! That made us all laugh. Which was strange but completely ok at the same time. Her personality had seemed to fade and disappear for the last weeks. She was just a sort of living ghost. And then she died. It was peaceful. And moments later, the room was absolutely filled with her presence - as if she had just walked into it, full of life, in her happiest mood. We all stared at each other in amazement; we all felt it the same. And gently then that faded, leaving us to deal with the practicalities, but somehow there was a lightness and a reverence that we had all witnessed something incredibly natural and LOVE was suffused through that day and night and I am forever grateful to have been there to experience death in that way.

BWs
Old 25-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Deactivated Account
That's beautiful Brokenwings, so glad you had that experience.

It bothers me a little that when my father passed away I didn't see or feel anything. Actually what I did feel was some heat in my body which seemed to be connected to the reiki and intense praying i was performing to try to ease his discomfort and allow him to move into spirit. But when he actually did pass there was nothing, just his body on the bed. He did seem very peaceful though. I just have to keep the faith.

Oh and just remembered there was a programme on the telly - can't remember what it was as I didn't really take it in - but shortly before dad died the programme was talking about various forms mediumship i.e clairvoyance, clairaudience etc, and it was joking about someone who claimed to be able to taste spirit lol. The presenter said 'what like beans on ghost' or something like that. It was a jokey thing and not actually a programme about spirit. I recall my dad listening to this and I asked him whether he wanted me to turn it over (he was a JW so I thought it might offend his beliefs). I didn't know that half an hour later he would be dead. Looking back, it's kind of odd.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. I;m glad for everyone who has felt/seen their loved one pass. It must be so comforting.
Old 25-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Master
hey, there's some wonderful thoughts and stories shared here!
i celebrate the opportunity we've had, and that we've used it so well.
i offer my condolences to those of us who've experienced loss.
Old 26-03-2016, 05:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
After you die, there is no more "You."
Hello Timeless: I am not sure what you mean by "You" but the few folks that I encountered, after they crossed over, were very definitely the same individuals that they were on this side except much happier, healthier, at peace and WISER than in physical life so, their "You" was exactly the same just BETTER.