Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder
losing a parent - can anyone help please?

Hi,

I keep hearing of this "healing place" where people go to if they suffered on earth. my question is how do we know of this place and its existence?

I lost my wonderful dad 5 short mths ago, my first loss in life, he was very poorly with cancer and the night before he died i spoke to my angels and begged for them to take him now rather than let him suffer and deteriorate further. Little did i realise they would take me at my word and i would never speak to him again ........ a few strange things happened during my little talk with the angels that night that does keep my beliefs strong, but my dad was as fascinated in the spirit world as i was and he always said if theres a way he would be back to give me a sign.

Ive never had a sign yet, and most of you will think "gees girl its only 5 months calm down" lol but ive read so many angel books and people who have died of cancer have shown up at funerals a week later a month later, i know im very impatient, but if anyone would get back with a sign it would be my dad and the longer it is i do start doubting everything which i know i shouldnt.
Can anyone offer any helpful advice, or tell me of their experiences, i would love to hear from you.

i send my dad love and light everynight hoping that this helps him progress in the spirit world, i have no idea if it works but i hope it does

thank you

Keiko
Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Guide
I'm very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. I lost my mother many years ago and always wondered if she was proud of the person I have become. A few months ago I took on a spiritual journey and in the process I saw an spoke with my mother as well as a few other people I needed to speak with that had passed on. I don't know how this works for other people but for me it was very up lifting and the experience gave me renewed strength of conviction. It was what I needed a the time.

I hope you find what you need. I wish you well.

Light and Peace,
SC
Old 09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Pathfinder
thanks spiritcarrier, do you mind me asking how you spoke to her, was it through meditation or dreams?

all ive had is nightmares whenever ive dreamt of him, and i know that he wouldnt want to scare me so it cant of been him and its just my mind and imagination.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Master
Keiko--

I just keep remembering something I read that was that we don't lose contact with the light but we block out the light with our fears, anticipations, etc.

Perhaps instead of praying for him (he is and will be fine already--sounds like he was ready for the journey and will be well cared for) perhaps you should pray for light and contentment for yourself.

I am not the most patient person myself, but only once you get to a place of peaceful anticipation will it happen, and then only as part of your plan and his. So, whether you like it or not you will have to chill. Just try to bring as much peace and trust in yourself as you can.

You have contact with your angels. Ask them for guidance on how to get that peace and then just pay attention. In some way they will provide you with clues, directions to go, things to pursue, perhaps people to encounter. It's all unique so...results may vary.

I'm not making light of your situation...just sending you light for your journey.

Good luck.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Pathfinder
thank you islewalker/spiritcarrier, i found your post abit difficult to understand islewalker, sorry, but i do take what you said about i have to think about myself more cause hes ok, mind he wasnt ready to die and was scared so im hoping he is fine wherever he is, its just this healing place i dont know about and if someones just made it up or if it is something that people do go through. have messages actually been relayed back to people that they needed healing.........

spirit carrier its sounds beautiful what you experienced, i hope i get to that point some time

thank you
Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Guide
I was in a vision quest at the time. I saw a lot of interesting things but the place was like a staging area. It was a white room with no boundaries and with each person I spoke to the room changed to fit them and my perception of them. I don't know if I was awake or asleep to be honest, I was aware of things going on in the present but I was completely drawn into the white room. I was there in body it felt like while I know I was not because my physical body was guarded by a Shaman while I underwent the experience. I wish I could be more helpful to you but it is my belief that your father will come to you and he will do so when it is the right time. Time in the spirit realm is meaningless so while to you it has been 5 months to him it could seem like only a few minutes or even seconds. What you have to remember is that your faith in what you know to be true must be solid and unmoving. Let your inner spirit grow with each day and He will come.

May you have Peace and Light,
SC
Old 09-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Master
Keiko--

Now I'm confused. What "healing place" are you referring to? I have heard and read in several books about a place for sort of soul healing. They talk about people being there who have been mentally compromised so much that it takes them a while to get their bearings in the new environment or who have been stuck in deep negativity or fear.

I don't have any direct knowledge of this. In the case of my own mother last year, I just got a few acknowledgments that she was around (feathers, animal sightings that I associated with her) a few weeks after she passed and then nothing for a long, long time. So i don't know if she was one who needed this recovery area or not.

But regardless of whether someone needs that or just goes to be with their soul group or wherever they go, I feel pretty confident they are well cared for. That's all I was referring to.

Is that what you meant?

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 09-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Pathfinder
ha ha, thats the problem i dont know when i have talked to my friends about not having had any signs, they have said "Well he was very poorly, he will have had to had healing on the other side, abit like a hospital" and ive questioned them asking how do they know they need healing? i always assumed that when a soul leaves the body the soul is physically fit again and they leave all illnesses behind in their human body the shell..... sorry i hope im not sounding bonkers to you all.

feathers how lucky are you, im looking out for them, my daughter found hers and was very excited, i just think im looking too hard for everything and i need to learn patience

Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Enya

Keiko, the knowledge of the healing halls/place on the other side comes from spiritualist teachings and from spirit teachers themselves. It is known that when a person passes over, they often go for healing first. This is to help them to fully integrate with their new life, plus remove any residual trauma from their physical life and/or passing. The need for this depends on the person and their level of development.

As for a message... there can be several reasons for not receiving one. The loved one will often have to learn *how* to get a message to relatives; we don't have instant mediumistic skills when we die! Getting a message through can take time and effort, not to mention having to find a vehicle (medium or other physical focus) which will do to carry it. There is also the question of time being elastic 'over there', so loved ones often don't realise how much time is passing as they get used to their new home and meet old friends. Add to this the 'fog' which grief (a natural reaction)and other powerful emotions creates and perhaps you may understand why it's not always possible.

You mentioned you're maybe trying too hard. Maybe you are - most people do. Try to let it go and think of your dad being well cared for and probably having a great time! He knows he will see you again 'soon', in the blink of an eye as far as he's concerned. He will be aware of your thoughts and emotions, so try to send him love and focus on good memories and he'll be drawn close. xx
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Keiko, the knowledge of the healing halls/place on the other side comes from spiritualist teachings and from spirit teachers themselves. It is known that when a person passes over, they often go for healing first. This is to help them to fully integrate with their new life, plus remove any residual trauma from their physical life and/or passing. The need for this depends on the person and their level of development.

As for a message... there can be several reasons for not receiving one. The loved one will often have to learn *how* to get a message to relatives; we don't have instant mediumistic skills when we die! Getting a message through can take time and effort, not to mention having to find a vehicle (medium or other physical focus) which will do to carry it. There is also the question of time being elastic 'over there', so loved ones often don't realise how much time is passing as they get used to their new home and meet old friends. Add to this the 'fog' which grief (a natural reaction)and other powerful emotions creates and perhaps you may understand why it's not always possible.

You mentioned you're maybe trying too hard. Maybe you are - most people do. Try to let it go and think of your dad being well cared for and probably having a great time! He knows he will see you again 'soon', in the blink of an eye as far as he's concerned. He will be aware of your thoughts and emotions, so try to send him love and focus on good memories and he'll be drawn close. xx

Your truth Enya feels very connected to how I too have perceived and experienced these spaces....