Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Fears

As i get older, i have more and more fears.

So,etimes i imagine them eg, water or drowning and it scares me.

Avoidance doesnt help - what can i do to allay or reduce my delusions?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:52 AM
Guide

'feel the fear and do it anyway' I know it's a self help book title but the title is the answer in your case. If your scared of drowning go get a wet suit on and swim in the sea, if your scared of spiders let a house spider run around your hand. You will soon see there is nothing to be scared of :-)

Last edited by Snow Goose : 06-09-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Lorelyen

^^^ There's truth in that. If it happens on the cusp of sleep there are similar tactics - go through with it in the knowledge you can come to no physical harm. Takes some courage at first but there's rarely courage without fear.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
^^^ There's truth in that. If it happens on the cusp of sleep there are similar tactics - go through with it in the knowledge you can come to no physical harm. Takes some courage at first but there's rarely courage without fear.

Good afternoon Lorelyen

Who a smart cookie
Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Master
The best way to combat fear is to slow yourself down, quiet your thoughts, and live in the moment. Fear is always about the future, what is going to happen next. The point of control is in your thinking; learn how to quiet your mind, center your self, be silent inside, and there will be no fear. Fear is always about what we think is going to happen.

I am 70-years old and let me tell you, it takes courage to grow old. There are lots of fears, and usually the fears which we have are an indication of something deeper. In old age people worry about their health, if they are going to be able to take care of themselves, what if they lose their home, or don't have enough money for their medication, they can no longer work, etc. Growing old takes courage.

Quiet meditation helps me a great deal because without the ability to quiet my mind I would drive myself crazy, literally!! If we don't control our mind our mind will control us with all sorts of impulses, delusions, etc. We do not control our mind by grappling with it rather we control our mind by not letting it run wild. If you let your mind run wild it will be difficult, in the beginning, to rein it in but with practice you can get better at it.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The best way to combat fear is to slow yourself down, quiet your thoughts, and live in the moment. Fear is always about the future, what is going to happen next. The point of control is in your thinking; learn how to quiet your mind, center your self, be silent inside, and there will be no fear. Fear is always about what we think is going to happen.

I am 70-years old and let me tell you, it takes courage to grow old. There are lots of fears, and usually the fears which we have are an indication of something deeper. In old age people worry about their health, if they are going to be able to take care of themselves, what if they lose their home, or don't have enough money for their medication, they can no longer work, etc. Growing old takes courage.

Quiet meditation helps me a great deal because without the ability to quiet my mind I would drive myself crazy, literally!! If we don't control our mind our mind will control us with all sorts of impulses, delusions, etc. We do not control our mind by grappling with it rather we control our mind by not letting it run wild. If you let your mind run wild it will be difficult, in the beginning, to rein it in but with practice you can get better at it.

Thank you for your very kind message, Starman, I am much obliged. I absolutely love your posts by the way, and your gentle and wise spirit.

Namaste.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Thank you Lorelyen.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
'feel the fear and do it anyway' I know it's a self help book title but the title is the answer in your case. If your scared of drowning go get a wet suit on and swim in the sea, if your scared of spiders let a house spider run around your hand. You will soon see there is nothing to be scared of :-)

Thank you Snow Goose
Old 11-09-2017, 02:46 PM
boshy b. good

it's "opinions" base'd, what hurdels
with passioen'd what we are looking
at

get a handfull book nearby about
fears and re-read often -

if we only see a better outlook is be
for us and we know is be out there,
and we think of it much'

it's not the alarming that makes the