Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Master
Understanding hsp (highly senstive person)

http://sensitivethemovie.com/

A trailer of the movie if any one is interested.

Sensitive - The Untold Story tackles all the aspects of high sensitivity: D.O.E.S.

D is for depth of processing. Our fundamental characteristic is that we observe and reflect before we act. We process everything more, whether we are conscious of it or not.

O is for being easily overstimulated, because if you are going to pay more attention to everything, you are bound to tire sooner.

E is for giving emphasis to our emotional reactions and having strong empathy, which among other things helps us notice and learn.

S is for being sensitive to all the subtleties around us.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Guide
I discovered Dr Elaine Aron's work in this area a few years ago.

http://hsperson.com/

You can take a test here http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/ to see if you are highly sensitive.

Unfortunately for me, I answered yes to all but two of the questions.

The thing I struggle with is environment. Working in an open plan office is hell at times. I can't bear crowds or any where with large groups of people. I also can't bear loud noises; I always have to put my fingers in my ears if an ambulance or such like goes by, or loud planes overhead (you'll find me under the nearest desk!).

Funnily enough, HSP was something I was going to post about at some point, so thank you for bringing this up.

Any other HSPs out there?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Master
Hi Patrycia

I discovered myself as this about ten years ago. It certainly helped me to understand many aspects of myself that I thought were very weird/ heightened as a child and ongoing in my life, so it supported me to make a connection in myself that serves me more complete now. Thanks of the link also, that is a really good test to take to determine you in all this.

Balance seems to be a hsp biggest issue, so balance in all things certainly supports me nowdays. We are naturally immersed in so much even without realization, I think once you pinpoint your own struggles, there are many ways to build and find balance.

All those things you mention you struggle with, many other hsp struggle with this too. I have had a great deal to do with other hsp around the world, so its a common theme. I have learned that within the sensitivity there was much I could build in balance in myself to manage life in those ways you mention.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Experiencer
I discovered about hsp, that it is active only in certain areas, not always.
What i know about it, is that all my energy centers becomes overactive, i can feel more clearly and also experiences are more blissful.
It is hard to be in balance when you are overactive, so i use this ares to get some answers i seek, but are on long therm not appropriate to be there, becouse i develop too many problems, concerned my feelings and wellbeing.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Master
I don't like the term sensitive person, I find it in the same category as other mental illnesses.

My understanding is that trauma corrodes a persons brain parts until they begin to exhibit symptoms. All these "sensitive person" traits are common of traumatized people.

Seems like just another way of lumping people together.

bleh.

still seems helpful and useful. I just thought I'd voice my opinion that there are better ways.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I don't like the term sensitive person, I find it in the same category as other mental illnesses.

My understanding is that trauma corrodes a persons brain parts until they begin to exhibit symptoms. All these "sensitive person" traits are common of traumatized people.

bleh.

still seems helpful and useful. I just thought I'd voice my opinion that there are better ways.

As you see and as you feel creates your view.

I don't get bound in that way in myself. If anything being highly sensitive when clear and unbounded by what it really is in me, allows me to be more true and aware of aspects of myself that I can access and utilize as part of my wholeness....I don't bind myself by labels, more use the understanding to build acceptance and find ways to balance all these aspects in myself, much like anything I notice myself that might stand out and show resistance, aversion, overwhelm or even sensitivity..
Understanding yourself as being highly sensitive, is really just understanding yourself.

The story your creating is really just your own around something that is just what it is.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar

bleh. s.

That's a really interesting view. I must say that when I first discovered the term, there was a part of me that resisted it. But then I took the 'test' and answered yes to all but a few of the questions. I did join the forum but found there wasn't an awful lot of activity and also I feel it didn't address my spiritual knowledge/needs/views. I asked once if anyone had tried a Q link and got shot down!

Your view that the symptoms are related to trauma could well be true. I was exposed to a massive trauma at the age of 5 that has affected me for all my life. It took hypnotherapy to realise why I had the trauma but the hypnotherapy didn't take the fear away. Also, when another trauma incident triggered the main one a few years back, a medium I'd been seeing for ten years (so well trusted) told me that it was linked to a previous life where I'd died at the age of 5 in pretty horrendous circumstances and the situation in this life at 5 had similar elements, which triggered the trauma/phobia. I also had another severe trauma in 2004 which I'm still trying to recover from. So you may well be right.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Experiencer
It could be treated as illness, but i guess not many see what is beyond?

Yesterday i talked to friend and his solution is, when something comes up, that makes you anxious, you take pills and that is it. When it doesn't work, you take stronger pills. Right?

So HSP is more general therm, through which individuals can identify at some point, but it is not a path, there is something to recognise, what makes you that way.

What i take as hsp, when something makes your energy centers overactive and you can percive more than usually and that is involuntarily becouse of lack of knowledge and understanding. It is nice to be healthy sensitive.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
It could be treated as illness, but i guess not many see what is beyond?

Yesterday i talked to friend and his solution is, when something comes up, that makes you anxious, you take pills and that is it. When it doesn't work, you take stronger pills. Right?

So HSP is more general therm, through which individuals can identify at some point, but it is not a path, there is something to recognise, what makes you that way.

What i take as hsp, when something makes your energy centers overactive and you can percive more than usually and that is involuntarily becouse of lack of knowledge and understanding. It is nice to be healthy sensitive.

It is nice to be a healthy sensitive..yes indeed.

I notice many hsp attach to the label and don't break through its gift of awareness and how to manage and stay more balanced in life as you are. I know many who find out they are hsp, then they attach to it and begin the journey of misery of being one and all the problems associated. This I have noticed goes on for a long time. But then so do pain bodies in normal humans who are not hsp.

I have noticed along with myself those that become more empowered as a hsp do tend to live life to its fullest. They want to experience life more open and sensitive in lots of ways that gives one a richer more fulfilling experience as I see it.

I know myself cursed by hsp and empowered by it, so I have a good understanding of how it can be on both sides of this.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Guide

Another HSP here. It wasnt until adulthood that I realise I was a sensitive, but once I did my entire life made a lot of sense. Like you Naturesflow, I feel both empowered and cursed by it. I feel everything every deeply which is wonderful but very painful depending on what is being felt. I am really sensitive to the vulnerability and the beauty in all things. Interesting, I rarely come across as sensitive to those who don't know me because I am very introverted and don't show my feelings outwardly.