Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-12-2011, 06:58 AM
zeppo

Thinking about death.

Is it normal to think about death, all the time? I'm not depressed in any way, or sick or anything. Happy and healthy. But I think about death all the time, and I don't know why. Maybe it's that I'm getting older, and have a family. Am I being weird?
Old 15-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Master
Yeah, I'd say it's normal for it to pop into one's head from time to time. We certainly hear enough about it on the news, etc., wars, accidents, disease. Being a responsible family man, I can understand that. We all hear about it and know it can happen to anyone at any time, really. ~short answer ~ yes, it's normal.

Old 15-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Yassi

I think everybody thinks about death.
Old 15-12-2011, 11:34 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppo
Is it normal to think about death, all the time? I'm not depressed in any way, or sick or anything. Happy and healthy. But I think about death all the time, and I don't know why. Maybe it's that I'm getting older, and have a family. Am I being weird?

No it's not normal (for most) but a few of us do have it high on our daily agendas.... Like you I'm not depressed or sick but I spend much of my time explaining issues relating to death and also life... That came about as a direct result of my age and my family but that's another story.

Provided it doesn't make you ill or morose then I don't see that you have much cause for concern. Approaching the subject in an appropriate way can lead to a truly-liberating way of viewing certain subjects that cause fear in many....
Old 16-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Suspended
I don't see why not ;) I mean, it's part of life, and everybody thinks about it sometimes. It's also a big mystery so it's natural to be curious. It's also VERY natural to start wondering about it as you get older.

Depends on HOW you think about it, as in, does it worry you or just fascinate you? Do you worry about relatives, or muse on it in case it comes sooner than expected?

Maybe it's not death itself you're thinking about but you're curious was to what comes after. It might be symbolic, or something your guides are trying to point you to - such as a need to accept certain transitions and live more easily with them.

Just a few ideas ;)

All told I'd say no, it definitely isn't weird. I spend a lot of time musing on the nature of it - and it's got nowt to do with the fact AA Azrael is near me all the time. I just find it very interesting, and I'm basically functioning (*crazy face*) so...as long as you're happy, go for it, and see where it leads.

Perhaps you need acceptance of death...mac is right that it can be an extremely liberating experience to approach it appropriately. Accepting it can free you from a LOT of very human fear
Old 16-12-2011, 01:52 AM
NightFall

I work within palliative/end of life care,and find thats where i truly belong and find i become more connected with every passing of one's life. Remembering each one as a blessing and feeling within that i have been there with this person as they begin another journey..to eternal life. With thoughts of death and dying i admit but i was given this qoute thro work by a chaplain. 'How people die- ramains in the memory of those who live on'. Cicely Saunders
Old 16-12-2011, 03:10 AM
PanBaccha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppo

I, when much younger, thought extensively on death. I come to find out
looking back that it is a prelude to a greater discovery, as in my case
finding out that it was 'soul remembrance' of a home, of a greater reality,
that had me unconsciously pining for it. But real issues confronted me and demanded
solutions in my life that would impact others, that made me instead embraced this life,
however fleetingly, quite triumphantly.
Old 30-12-2011, 10:24 PM
merrie

Why Are We Here?

That had started me on my journey years ago. I read everything I could about death and dying. We will never really know until it is our turn. As someone else posted; "It is the great mystery", and a great puzzlement. I think our purpose here is "Love".

Whether we can expand our consciousness to tap into our god-given higher power to be more than we can be physically. It is not likely everyone would take that route or even think about expanding their psychic abilities or go beyond what is physical and tangible.
Old 31-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Himalia

I don't think there is anything weird in thinking about death if in a positive manner. In a strange way, it is the one and only guarantee of life. It is inevitable but we just don't know when it will happen. For me it is a consistent wake up call. We get so engrossed and caught up in life as if we are going to live forever. The important thing is to make the most of now, for that is all we really have. The inevitable will happen when it happens but to me it seems that in the mean time we are all in the same boat :-)
Old 24-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Saspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalia
I don't think there is anything weird in thinking about death if in a positive manner. In a strange way, it is the one and only guarantee of life. It is inevitable but we just don't know when it will happen. For me it is a consistent wake up call. We get so engrossed and caught up in life as if we are going to live forever. The important thing is to make the most of now, for that is all we really have. The inevitable will happen when it happens but to me it seems that in the mean time we are all in the same boat :-)
Hi Himalia.
For quite some years I have intentionally thought about death, for a short time, on a daily basis, and I find it helpful, not morbid or depressing.
I say say this quote by Epictetus......."Who then remains unconquerable? He whom the inevitable cannot overcome".