Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Administrator
Copper Reaction

Hello

I went to put on a small quartz generator crystal today that is wrapped in copper and on a copper chain. I should have got the message when it kept falling off the chain when I was trying to put it on. The message was clear dont do it but do it I did.

Wow not even a minute later my whole neck and throat area was beat red and flushed, all but there the crystal was it left a clear imprint. I took it off and now I know that copper is not for me.

Hours later now the neck is still a bit red from where the chain was. I so used to be able to wear copper not now. Yes its pure copper I tested it.

Who else has and this severe reaction ?

Lynn
Old 04-03-2018, 02:39 AM
Experiencer
Sometimes your skin can develop to be more sensitive over time. When I was young I could wear almost anything with no skin irritations, but now unless it's real gold or very high quality silver, I get rashes and skin irritations. Haven't tried platinum.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I went to put on a small quartz generator crystal today that is wrapped in copper and on a copper chain. I should have got the message when it kept falling off the chain when I was trying to put it on. The message was clear dont do it but do it I did.

Wow not even a minute later my whole neck and throat area was beat red and flushed, all but there the crystal was it left a clear imprint. I took it off and now I know that copper is not for me.

Hours later now the neck is still a bit red from where the chain was. I so used to be able to wear copper not now. Yes its pure copper I tested it.

Who else has and this severe reaction ?

Lynn
Yes!

Recently, I purchased a copper bangle for arthritis in my wrist...I had it on for all of half an hour, before my whole lower arm swelled up and went red and itchy...I had to take it off and throw it in the rubbish bin.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Skin discolouration and irritation is a common reaction to copper because copper salts are natural irritants to human skin. In rare cases, some people have a copper allergy, from mild to severe.
I had a skin discolouration long time ago and it looked bad. Since then I use only cotton cords instead of copper or silver.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Guide

I've had a reaction like that but I forget with which pendant unfortunately.

As chains I only use non-metalic materials but a lot of my pendants have metal in them. I just read about Allergy Jewelry Shield which apparently is a kind of laquer you can apply to the back of metal parts of jewelry that is in contact with the skin. I might give it a go and see if this really works.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Master

Dear Lynn
Very sorry to hear about your reaction. I have not experienced it with copper but with anything that has nickel or oxidized silver or any chunky metallic jewellery. I wonder if you react the same to crystals with high copper components : there are just so many. Some crystals like specific metal chains or rings to set them in. All seem to like silver in my experience. Some ask for gold. Coral is usually set in copper.
Wearing a crystal generator quartz sounds very high energy to me:) But then I am inseparable from my light clear quartz (tumbled beads) bracelet:)
Old 05-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Hello

It could be the combination I never thought of that. The generator quartz is small about 2 inches in size, but it too is wrapped in copper. As it was such a strong reaction I do not want to try it again. I have put it aside.

I never could wear silver but now its a go to chain so maybe the hormone changes shifted the body's reactions.

I do at times wear strong stones so I do not feel its the stone. Interesting though the combination. Part of me wants to change the wrap on the stone but intuition tells me move it along to someone it will work with.

Lynn
Old 15-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Not me. But sorry to hear! :) I prefer Silver, to copper or gold, though.
Old 21-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I had to take it off and throw it in the rubbish bin.

WHY?!?!?! Not the bin.....

The thing about copper is that if you do get such a reaction, like me and most people, the thing is that you simply need to wear it every now and then. For example I wear again my copper bracelet since 3 days now and all is good. I see the marks it leaves on my forearm and is good, I know my body absorbs copper via the skin this way, a little, slowly, but effective. The problem is when you sweat, especially during the summer, you sweat more, and the skin's PH with the sweat and copper..in excess , produces the itching/rashes. No problem tho, just remove it and put it on your other hand or remove it at all until your skin heals. It does make you feel a bit more energetic, but take it with a grain of salt of course. Also, copper can be used with your crystals work etc., but that's another subject :)