Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Master
[quote=DASA]
Das

Hi dasa, yes I know what you mean about seeing the universal form, it is the ultimate. I do feel though that that experience, as was given to arjuns, is an earned one, in that God may require a show of faith before bestowing such a high honour. That would mean that, just as in the gita, one would need to believe before as did arjuna, before the form was shown. It is a dilema in a way,in your position one could argue that until you, personally or I have seen this vision of vishnu, we cant believe in krishna, do you see what I mean.
After all God is god wether it is krishna`s incarnation or, (if he is god as well), sai baba`s or another avatar

But I do take the simple truth of your warning to heart, of billions of souls it is unlikely any are avatars. However, in one of your own quotes (from the gita) that you posted recently where Krishna is speaking with arjuna , he mentions that he returns when things are really bad to get man back on track, well surely if he was going to come in one form or another, now would be the time?

Love your posts dasa they really make me think. love and light peteyzen
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Master
dreamer, your crazy!! but in an odd way you make sense. You remind me of a persian poet called Hafiz, I think you two would have got on great, he liked a drink and to do the stuff that is frowned on but boy did he love god and understand how it all works.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
DASA

Crux of the matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
It is a dilema in a way,in your position one could argue that until you, personally or I have seen this vision of vishnu, we cant believe in krishna, do you see what I mean.

Hi Peteyzen,

excellent point - we need some experience of Krishna in reality. That's where the maha-mantra comes in... Krishna's most widespread avatar in Kali-yuga is His Holy Name.

Gouranga !

Das
Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Master
Hey dasa, always a privilage to read your posts. I suppose the crux of the point I am swanning around is this: If avatars are here (big if, I know) then is it not in our interest to go and meet them. After all God is God, and what if one of them is actually kalki??? I know several people who assume he will just make himself known, but what if he doeasn`t, we can`t predict Gods actions. he may just want a sign of openness and trust from us before revealing himself.
I know many people who have benefitted from a visit to see one of these avatars, I think for myself , I`m prepared to take the risk that they may not be god, becuase if they actually are, then the least I can do is to go and pay my respects whilst here.

You know what the funny thing is, several years ago I couldn`t even enter a conversation with anyone who used the three letter G word, I found the whole thing ridiculous that people could even conceive of putting their trust in a ficticiois God but now look at me harping on, Now that is a miracle!!!

Last edited by peteyzen : 12-05-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
dreamer

Hi Peteyzen, thanks for the compliment above, two weeks ago I would have toiled somewhat against my crazy inclinations but now I don't think you could have said anything nicer thank you. It's funny how limiting "sanity" can be don't you think.

Have you listened to the words of Crazy by gnarles barclay, very apt, it is true there is a lot of wisdom in all music i feel. Listen with the right mind set and it is though God is speaking just to you. It is in the noticing of small details like this that God reveals himself - omens they used to be called.

I suppose an avator would always listen to the whispers of the universe, wei wu, if this is the dream no effort needs to be made, but how perfect a dream would you be brave enough to accept? At what point would the shame kick in i wonder. These are good questions to contemplate i feel. When things start getting a bit surreal will you go forward or pull back. I choose forward, i think. ha,ha,ha.

I notice your posts have become a litlle more free and easy - i like your style dude.

Take care.
Old 14-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Glorymist

Dreamer - - Peteyzen - - All - -

Avatars are here - - tho perhaps not by that specific "title." And maybe in more numbers than one believes.

Follow the advice Dreamer put forth. Dream an audience with one. You may just surprise yourself - - tho not necessarily in the physical.

You people are incredibly aware. Just because you may not as yet have a specific and concrete definition of what you are aware of doesn't mean that you are not. Did that make sense ??

And Peteyzen - - Hafiz was a dude ! !

:->
Old 14-05-2006, 06:37 PM
dreamer

Hey Glorymist,

great post. Ask for what you want and you shall have it dude. What ever you are thinking about most will come your way, as TzOlKiN said to me a couple of weeks ago, be careful what you wish for but you already know this.

Enjoy dude.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Dreamer - - Peteyzen - - All - -

Avatars are here - - tho perhaps not by that specific "title." And maybe in more numbers than one believes.

And Peteyzen - - Hafiz was a dude ! !

:->

Tru glory, whats in a name any way
and as far as hafiz being as dude, wasn`t he just!!!
glorymist, have you come across any avatars or whatever they might be called, me old fruit???
Old 15-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Master
[ When things start getting a bit surreal will you go forward or pull back. I choose forward, i think. ha,ha,ha.

I notice your posts have become a litlle more free and easy - i like your style dude.

Take care.[/QUOTE from dreamer]

Things are quite surreal at times already my friend, and yet they are correct, although I have yanked my self back and stopped my momentum several times already... Why do we do that, especially when we know better, is it good old ego eyypoos do you think. I hold faith in the old warning given by a sage to his student who wanted advice about embarking on the spiritual path.
He said. `Best not to begin, if you start best finish`. so having started I`d best plod on.

I don`t know if your style is becoming clearer or if I am just tuning in more but I like your style to, me old muckker.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:39 PM
dreamer

I'd say it's oneness getting clearer.

Last edited by dreamer : 15-05-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread