Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Ascender

Are Ouija boards really safe??

I was just curious on this; Im looking for evidence and I thought this might be a good way. I'm pretty grounded and I think I would know if I was the one moving the glass. I understand there is a taboo around these boards but then I read elsewhere that they are still sold as toys on amazon??

Whats the lowdown on this?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Ouijia boards are classed as toys, they are anything but,in the wrong hands they can be dangerous .you cant control who comes through.some people have been traumatised after using one,
they are used as a tool to connect to the other side,but if you don't know what you are doing,you are opening yourself up to some horrid things.
my advice would be leave them alone.

Namaste
Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Master
I think the biggest thing with Ouija boards is that they are sold as a toy, and can be bought in a toy store. Leaving them open to access for anyone to use them. And in most cases those that buy them are using them for fun and are not respecting the tool that they have in front of them. And end up bringing in things that they never expected.

IMO, the basic Ouija board is no different than any other tool that is used to communicate with spirit. Such as a pendulum, tarot cards, or automatic writing. Each tool uses the same basic principle, opening a door way to communicate with spirit, and in allowing them to work through you.

The more the tool gets used, the stronger the door can be. So continuous use of any of these improperly can create more annoying things to enter ones life. But in opening up to spirit in that regard, one should be better educated than just having fun with a toy they got at a toy store.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:02 AM
Master
Ouija boards are NOT completely safe. The basic issue is that when using them you are opening to 'spirits' without any screening. As such positive, neutral, or negative entities can utilize that invitation. If you are truly advanced enough to not be fooled, then you probably don't need a Ouija board.

FYI, Grounding is NOT an effective defense against much of anything.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:17 AM
Master
Have a read-through of this...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ht=ouija+niece
Old 13-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Nettles

I believe outcome is shaped by approach. In other words, how the users of the 'game' approach it. If they are slapdash and silly it's likely one of them is moving the planchette to have fun with friends.
Still others approach it with a bit more reverence and it is possible that intent determines how things go. Are the people present filled with fear? Are they looking to have a scary experience? Are they going into it expecting to summon angels or demons? (that is meant as metaphor)
Sure portals can be opened but it isn't as common as one would think based on the myriad of stories out there. More than anything, folks who have serious intent should invest time in learning about protection and dealing with situations that might arise. For example, you often hear of a portal opening and something coming out of the board, the people get scared and burn the board, I have heard this story time and time again, makes a good story...ends with fire, very exciting indeed. The reality is that burning the board is the worst possible choice you can make, it's tantamount to creating a door for an entity to come through, letting them in and then destroying the very means by which that entity can return to wherever it came from.
At any rate, it's all in the hands of the people using it as is dealing with the outcome.
Old 13-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Master
Question: is an ax save?
it depends how you handle it.
Old 13-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Master

I had a story once long ago from a boy in camp who was traumatized using it by himself.
I agree with the previous members.
I don't think it's an evil tool, but if one is not experienced it had any idea what they are doing , it could have a very negative outcome.

My spiritualist once said negative entities can leech on us, and cause havoc in numerous ways and one who is not knowledgable of what they are doing with regards to the spiritual world can be even dangerous ....
Old 13-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
IMO, the basic Ouija board is no different than any other tool that is used to communicate with spirit. Such as a pendulum, tarot cards, or automatic writing. Each tool uses the same basic principle, opening a door way to communicate with spirit, and in allowing them to work through you.

That's been my understanding of it. One of the main concerns I've heard regarding the Ouija board is that "you don't know who or what is coming through." But isn't that true for all methods of communication?
Old 14-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Ouijia boards are classed as toys, they are anything but,in the wrong hands they can be dangerous .you cant control who comes through.some people have been traumatised after using one,
they are used as a tool to connect to the other side,but if you don't know what you are doing,you are opening yourself up to some horrid things.
my advice would be leave them alone.

Namaste

Native spirit makes a good point. I agree.
It is better to communicate with deceased loved ones, or Souls in finer dimensional realities by attuning your own vibrations to 'meet them half way'. That will take some refining of desire and intent, some work and some dedication; meditation and aligning yourself with the loving energies from Spirit. But that way, you will not meet horrors, liars, and confusion.
The development of telepathic communication with loved ones/Guides etc takes some steady work, and heartfelt intent, but is worth it and safe.
I have known the use of an Ouija board to deeply mess up someone's life.
The Ouija board is very far from being a toy or a game, and isn't to be used lightly. My own feeling is it shouldn't be used.