Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 14-12-2011, 07:42 AM
deepsea

I've studied spiritualism for a while but must admit I am really none the wiser.
I understand the way of the subject of spiritualism but the actual pros and cons of the official side,I really haven't a clue.
Old 14-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I've studied spiritualism for a while but must admit I am really none the wiser.
I understand the way of the subject of spiritualism but the actual pros and cons of the official side,I really haven't a clue.
Yea its best to keep away from any belief system, if you try to organize spirit or truth, you only end up killing it.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:33 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yea its best to keep away from any belief system, if you try to organize spirit or truth, you only end up killing it.

It takes the gloss off the real meaning of spirit.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
It takes the gloss off the real meaning of spirit.
Yea you got it, be your own Guru, question everything until you cannot question anymore, after all the truth is only ever found within YOU.
Old 21-12-2011, 11:58 AM
aiden hall

Spiritualism is it a Religion.

Within certain organisations Spiritualism is seen as a religion, a way of life and a science.
I myself see it as a way of life and a science. If you read many of the old books by Chan, White Eagle etc they all make a point that within the world of spirit there is no such thing as "religion. Infact religion is a man made concept. Many of the writings in all forms of religions have been writen by "man" and not Divine intervention. You could even point to the fact that for example the bible as been the cause of a group of innocent people (mediums, healers and just people that neighbours did not like etc) being put to death in the name of religion "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"
I personally see religion as a form of control. Being a Spiritualist to me is a way of life and a science.
Old 21-12-2011, 12:05 PM
mac

quote=aiden hall

Within certain organisations Spiritualism is seen as a religion, a way of life and a science. Almost correct - Spiritualism is registered and officially recognised as a religion in the UK and elsewhere....
I myself see it as a way of life and a science. If you read many of the old books by Chan, White Eagle etc they all make a point that within the world of spirit there is no such thing as "religion. As we presently live in-the-body, rather than in the world of the spirit, the use of the word 'religion' is mostly influenced by humankind's understanding of it.... Infact religion is a man made concept. Many of the writings all of them.................form of control. Being a Spiritualist to me is a way of life and a science.

Are you a 'spiritualist' or are you a Spiritualist?
If you have to ask what the difference is, you're likely to be the former......
Old 21-12-2011, 04:31 PM
deepsea

Straight forward and simple.

A Spritiualist is one who believes in a life after death,a life which continues for ever more.

We do not worship a church or any God,,we are who we choose to be.
Old 21-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Straight forward and simple.

A Spritiualist is one who believes in a life after death,a life which continues for ever more.

We do not worship a church or any God,,we are who we choose to be.

Hmmm. . . I'd add a thought there, Deepsea, that a Spiritualist is also one who believes that those still incarnate and those who have passed on to life after death are able to establish contact with each other. Also that a Spiritualist is one who seeks to facilitate those contacts.

MAC, what say ye?

Jim
Old 21-12-2011, 09:10 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Hmmm. . . I'd add a thought there, Deepsea, that a Spiritualist is also one who believes that those still incarnate and those who have passed on to life after death are able to establish contact with each other. Also that a Spiritualist is one who seeks to facilitate those contacts.

MAC, what say ye?

Jim

There's no 'official' definition. Mine is pretty simple.

I define a Spiritualist as someone who learns that life goes on beyond physical death and accepts that sometimes family or friends who have passed over may return to communicate, through a medium, to show they are still very much alive.....
Old 21-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Experiencer

That sounds like a good definition.

Jim