Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Master
My cat just passed away - Reassuring "I'm FINE" message

I just shared this with a friend and thought that I would share it with everyone here as well.

EXCERPT:

My cat passed away peacefully and unexpectedly in her sleep early Monday morning. She had slept with me the whole night and there were absolutely no signs that anything was amiss. It was a shock and totally unexpected. The vet at the emergency clinic indicated that it was due to cardiac arrest and I had no idea that there was even a heart issue. The vet indicated that she passed away peacefully with no pain and no suffering as everyone, including myself, would like to go. My cat appeared so healthy in every way. She had a peaceful expression on her face as if she was seeing something wonderful as she crossed over. She had transformed from an aggressive street cat to a perfect angel ... perhaps literally now ... and was ready to go to the angelic realms.

Unbeknownst to me, an employee (Pam) of my sister's is a cat-lover and had a dream at the same time. She had cats of her own and was troubled by a dream about a big brown-white cat who appeared to her in the dream. The cat had just passed away but was communicating that she was FINE and HAPPY where she was. Obviously, Pam was worried about her own cats but the description of the cat in the dream did not match the appearance of her cats. Nonetheless, she was bothered and shared the dream with my sister. My sister then told her that I had just called her to tell her that my cat had just passed away and that I felt that she was happy (though, of course, I was still in shock). My sister said that the description sounded like my cat. My sister asked me to send her the picture I had taken of my cat at the emergency vet clinic as I said good bye for the last time physically. When Pam saw the picture, she said that it was definitely the cat that she had seen in her dream. Was it the cat sending a message to me? Was it the universal consciousness (God) reassuring me that all was FINE and HAPPY ? When things like this happen with increasing frequency and regularity when one meditates and attunes to the divine, are they really "coincidences"? Meditate on that.

In any case, regardless of the logistics or spirituality of the experience, I feel assured that my darling angelic cat is FINE and HAPPY. I can feel her awesome energy even now, and this is consistent with many traditions that believe that those who cross over linger for an indeterminate time and watch their familiar settings. I am sending positive energies to her as I bid her a fond farewell and let her go to continue the awesome journey of Life. She is gone but definitely not "dead".

EDIT: I should mention that I had the same vision/dream myself of my cat communicating that she was FINE and HAPPY but was not sure if it was real or just wishful imagination. Hence, Pam's dream was very very reassuring.
Old 14-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Master

We love so much our furry friends ... They give us so much ...
Old 14-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Deactivated Account
I am sorry for your loss, Still_Waters.

But also sure your cat did assure you that she is fine. Especially because Pam dreamed of her, too.
She wanted to let you know that she is fine, and she probably doesn't want you to be sad because of her.
Old 14-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
I am sorry for your loss in one respect, Still Waters.

But what you wrote is simply amazing and it is good to post it! What an interesting tale after your dear cat's passing.
It sounds "too good to be true", but from what I learned when my dog passed, I know it IS true. They are indeed, well and happy and don't forget loved ones still living on Earth. Now they are Souls, as they always were and always will be, not just cats and dogs. It is a world of difference.

I know your story will bring great comfort and hope to those who are bereaved of dear animal companions.
Thank you!
Old 14-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Master
My PURR-FECT cat was named Frances after Francis of Assisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I am sorry for your loss in one respect, Still Waters.

But what you wrote is simply amazing and it is good to post it! What an interesting tale after your dear cat's passing.
It sounds "too good to be true", but from what I learned when my dog passed, I know it IS true. They are indeed, well and happy and don't forget loved ones still living on Earth. Now they are Souls, as they always were and always will be, not just cats and dogs. It is a world of difference.

I know your story will bring great comfort and hope to those who are bereaved of dear animal companions.
Thank you!

I want to thank you all here for the kind words and I'm glad that this story is bringing "comfort and hope to those who are bereaved of dear animal companions".

I forgot to mention that my cat's name was Frances and she was named after Francis of Assisi, whose love for animals is legendary.

Frances was a street cat who walked into a Roman Catholic Church a couple of blocks from my house over 5 years ago. Some of the churchgoers kept her in the church for about a week before the priest said that they would have to find another "home" for her. They named her Frances after St. Francis of Assisi without realizing that she was a female. My friend, Margie, offered to take her but asked me to take Frances for a week while she had her apartment painted. Frances bonded so well with both me and my other cats that she stayed with me for over 5 years until her passing. She was dearly loved. I "spoiled" her and showered her with love as I did with the other cats and continue to do with the remaining three cats. (Although I obviously didn't know Frances' age, the vet indicated that she had lived on the street for at least 5 years dependent on the kindness and grace of others. The vet had mentioned that it's hard to place older street cats, but that was not an obstacle to "adopting" Frances. I am so glad that I did, as she was a wonderful loving addition to my cat family.)

Although Frances was a bit aggressive and definitely territorial (especially with me being part of her "territory") when she moved in, she quickly bonded very well with the cat family here. She was the cat who was most attached to me and would follow me around like a dog. She would wait for me at the window at night whenever I left the house. When I went to bed, she would romp up the stairs to cuddle next to me. When I sat at the computer, she would "speak" and "tell me" in her own inimitable way to pick me up and put her on my lap or, if I didn't respond quickly enough, she would jump on my lap herself without waiting to be picked up. She would PURR continuously when she was with me.

Frances transformed from a territorial street cat into a PURR-FECT angelic cat who was sensitive to the other cats and whom I dearly miss. However, I realize that she was ready to move on to the angelic realms and would be held back by my grieving. She spent her last night in bed beside me (as usual) and there was no indication that anything was amiss before she went downstairs to pass away as cats usually do not pass away in front of their human companion(s). When she didn't respond to the call to "breakfast" in the kitchen (she never missed a meal), I started to look for her. I found her on her back with her legs up in the air, a position that she often assumed when she wanted her tummy to be rubbed. Her eyes were open and she had a beatific smile on her face as if she had just seen something truly wonderful. I then started to pet her tummy as I usually did in exactly the manner that she loved. However, she didn't move and I then realized that she had crossed over. I immediately called car service and rushed her to the emergency animal clinic in our neighborhood that serves as a backup to our regular daytime vet. The vet told me immediately that she was "gone", as I had suspected, and said that Frances had passed away instantly from cardiac arrest and that she had experienced no pain or suffering whatsoever. Frances crossed over in a manner that many of us, including myself, would like to go. The beatific smile on her face confirmed that she had seen something truly wonderful as she was crossing over.

It was shortly thereafter that I got her "message", as noted in my original post, that she was fine and happy.

Frances was absolutely wonderful and is sorely missed. However, even now I can feel her presence as it is said that souls linger a little after crossing over to bid a final farewell to their loved ones and favorite spots. "Seeing" her happy face everywhere --- even when I am walking outdoors --- provides some consolation as I reiterate how much I love her and wish her a fond farewell as she continues her spiritual journey. Her unconditionally loving nature leaves me confident, as per her "message", that she will attract wondrous energies similar to her own and that she is PURR-FECTLY fine wherever she is now.

Thanks again for all the kind words here. I appreciate them and am glad that they provide comfort and hope to others as well.

P.S. As I write these words, it is also providing comfort to me as I recall my fond memories with this PURR-FECT angelic feline companion. Frances, whose physical form is no longer here but whose spiritual presence will always be with me.
Old 14-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Administrator
I'm sorry for your loss loosing a pet is loosing a loved one.

Namaste
Old 14-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
I am sorry for your loss, Still_Waters.

But also sure your cat did assure you that she is fine. Especially because Pam dreamed of her, too.
She wanted to let you know that she is fine, and she probably doesn't want you to be sad because of her.

Thank you for the kind words, and I agree completely with you that Frances doesn't want me to be sad because of her. I have no doubts whatsoever that she is indeed fine. I got the "message" from her directly and am very grateful for Pam's confirmation of that "message".
Old 15-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Experiencer

I'm so sorry for your loss, yet so happy for what you've found. That Pam's dream was hands down affirmation that Frances consciousness is reality, and not a hopeful thought. Consciousness is what makes all physical things possible...and that consciousness is eternal.

Thanks so much for sharing your story...!
Old 15-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Guide

Cat Sorry for your loss

I miss my cat so much, and this is truly lovely, thanks for sharing Still_Waters
Old 15-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I'm so sorry for your loss, yet so happy for what you've found. That Pam's dream was hands down affirmation that Frances consciousness is reality, and not a hopeful thought. Consciousness is what makes all physical things possible...and that consciousness is eternal.

Thanks so much for sharing your story...!

Thank you so much for the kind words. You are so right that Pam's dream was a confirmation of my own vision of a HAPPY Frances and it removed any doubt that my experience was not just wishful imagination. You are right on target on that assessment! That's exactly how I feel and it makes the loss easier to bear. I wish Frances well and know that she IS well.