Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 18-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Knower
How do I program my mind to like salads?

I don't prefer salads or raw vegetables at all.

Though, I know for a FACT that they are great for my body in particular because I feel the energetic qualities after I consume them and I never feel indigestion.

However, my mind rejects the food because I believe it has little to no taste. I can even feel a slight ache in my head for even considering the idea of eating a salad for instance, because I know it won't be at all as enjoyable as say, pasta or cooked vegetables, or rice. Not only that but, if I do CHOOSE to eat a salad, I don't eat enough of it because I get bored of the taste or sometimes I feel as though I would gag if I ate another bite. (As opposed to me eating say rice and beans, where I could go on for days)

Putting the possibility of making better recipes to the side, I feel a more powerful solution would be to simply program my mind to ENJOY raw vegetables so I eat more of them.

Does anyone know of any methods, techniques, rituals I can do to accomplish this?
Old 18-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Experiencer

The pain you feel is probably the yeast and other micro ogansisms in your gut sending out chemicals to punish you for eating what is bad for them and reward you for eating what is good for them, like sugar. Or even thinking about it. A thought is just an energy frequency just like a food is. So either go cold turkey and accept the withdraw symptoms from the gut beasts or ease into it as you take probiotics to change your gut flora gradually.
Old 18-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
The pain you feel is probably the yeast and other micro ogansisms in your gut sending out chemicals to punish you for eating what is bad for them and reward you for eating what is good for them, like sugar. Or even thinking about it. A thought is just an energy frequency just like a food is. So either go cold turkey and accept the withdraw symptoms from the gut beasts or ease into it as you take probiotics to change your gut flora gradually.

Ok ok very good this helps. Kind of funny that I'm being mind controlled by micro-organisms but, it helps me gain more willpower by knowing this.

I am not sure how I can choose pain over pleasure though. I did just fast for a whole week with mostly just water and a bit of herbs. When I came back I was more ravenous then ever and just avoided all salads

I was wondering about a method though, if you knew of one for either tricking my mind to liking salad OR as you said cold turkey. Because, my gut flora does not punish me for eating fruits and I find those to be very healthy for my body. I can for sure program my mind to eat just fruits and vegetables but it is not possible for me to eat only vegetables for all my meals. So I'm not sure if I can cold turkey since I'll still have to eat sugars and that will trigger a response in my gut flora.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Okay I have an idea. A few ideas actually.
Get those salads seasoned! Make them tasty! There are umpteen things you can add to a healthy salad to make it scrumptious. Are you doing that?
Dice Ciabatta bread in small pieces and lightly fry it in sesame oil, when it's cooled add it to the salad. You can do this with potato too but it's more fiddly.
Make some curried lentils (green ones, "Lentilles Vertes" or "Puy" lentils will keep their shape better after cooking.
Cold canned sweetcorn will add sweetness.
Slightly steaming fine green beans, lightly salted adds wonderful flavour. Let them cool first before adding them to the salad.
Lightly frying very tiny broccoli florets until they are slightly brown (let them cool first)
Herbs like Parsley, Coriander (if you like it) a pinch of chopped mint or Lemon Balm etc will lift the bland salad flavour.
You can even put Tahini on salads, or add toasted seeds like Sunflower or Pumpkin, or chopped toasted mixed nuts for extra protein as well as flavour.
Don't forget a garlic dressing.
Don't forget there is Tamari sauce too! And lots of other lovely sauces, Check out what they have got in a health food store.
Lastly, add some salt and pepper!
Old 20-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Okay I have an idea. A few ideas actually.
Get those salads seasoned! Make them tasty!

Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
Putting the possibility of making better recipes to the side

I would like to program my mind to like the taste of food that is supposed to be good for me. Not hide the taste everytime I want to eat something healthy. Creating recipes isn't always an available option.
Old 20-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Master
You start with your tongue and make it taste delicious first.
http://vegiehead.com/all-recipes/
Old 21-05-2017, 12:59 AM
Knower
Friends, before you post recipes please read the OP that states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
Putting the possibility of making better recipes to the side

The idea here is that I want to change the way I perceive raw vegetables. Raw vegetables. That's it.

I don't want to change the vegetable. I don't want to burn it alive, or smother it in spices or sauces or anything of the sort! The vegetables are fine! The vegetables are completely fine!!! It is ME who needs to change. I need to figure out a way to connect with raw vegetables so I don't NEED to hide the taste every time I want to eat a simple piece of food.

THUS I will be able to freely eat ALL good foods without WORRYING about how it will taste. If I'm in a restaurant I won't need a special preparation I can just literally order a salad. If I'm at a friend's house I will not need to request a special preparation I will just ask for a CARROT.

Do you see how much more useful this would be? Changing myself to enjoy healthy foods as opposed to changing healthy foods into something that appeases my distorted taste?
Old 21-05-2017, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
"I would like to program my mind to like the taste of food that is supposed to be good for me. Not hide the taste everytime I want to eat something healthy. Creating recipes isn't always an available option."

I do sort of get what you mean Rokazulu. Though I don't know why creating recipes isn't always an available option?
I always think that creating recipes with food is one of the pleasures of food. I love all sorts of food and like to make things tasty. Sure I am happy to eat a raw carrot or celery stick or plain lettuce leaves and they all taste very nice. But when you are going to have dinner it's nice to create something interesting.....isn't it?

But as far as 'programming your mind' to like simple raw foods with no embellishments, nothing added, then the answer is hunger.
Because when you are genuinely hungry everything is going to taste like nectar.
I remember being that hungry once when the smallest piece of dry plain bread tasted like a blessing. Or being in the woods and making a soup with Nettles, wild Garlic and Goose-grass.
THEN you will like salads with nothing on them.
Old 21-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Ascender
Rokazulu, as you posted this thread in the hypnosis section of the forum, do I assume that you are interested in a possible hypnotic modification of your eating desires? This can be done - and indeed is not at all difficult for a hypnotherapist. It is a common procedure, similar in approach to hypnosis about weight loss (although of course different in nature).

If you are really serious about this issue, then all you need do is search for a hypnotherapist in your local area. I am a trained advanced hypnotist myself, but have never practised and do not offer my services (except for free to family, friends and acquaintances locally). However, I can assure you that your food desires can be modified by a hypnotist, if that is what you sincerely wish. The stronger you desire it, the easier it will be for the hypnotist to help you.

Self hypnosis is another possibility, if you think that you put yourself into a deep trance state of relaxation. There are numerous sound files available on the net (e.g. by Steve Jones, inter alia), but I am not aware of one specifically about wanting to eat vegetables and fruit rather than other foods. But of you are able to put yourself in a trance state, you could hypnotise yourself on that theme.

If self-hypnosis is not your thing, then seeking a trained hypnotist in your area is the best way forward.

Every best wish to you!
Old 24-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
Rokazuku,

I read your post and your situation just seems to be a paradox. You don’t like to eat vegetables because you know they have very little to offer taste-wise. Yet, you do not want to add anything by way of other ingredients or seasoning to make them taste better. It is true that vegetables offer very little flavor and that is exactly why many people have to season them or add other ingredients to make it more palatable or else we would have a hard time eating it, too. The same goes for many other things we eat. That's why we have spices and seasonings.

When you tried eating salads in the past, do you just eat the salad without any dressing and other ingredients? You say you can eat rice, pasta, beans and cooked vegetables. Do you eat those things without seasoning it or other ingredients or a side dish, too? I don’t want to assume so I have to ask. (I don’t want to think that you actually eat the pasta by itself without any sauce or other ingredients).

Why do you insist on eating raw vegetables without other ingredients to help? Isn’t the point of eating vegetables (and many other things) is for them to nourish us? If you wait until you can change your mind about them, your body is going to miss out on the vitamins and nutrients. To me, you are just making things more complicated for yourself.