Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-08-2011, 07:41 PM
The Eagle

Truth and Reality

i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.
Old 28-08-2011, 09:18 AM
numerouno

When you go through a saturn transit and rememberance of your misdeeds come to light answering the reason for your suffering is the beginning of knowing.

Truth is not dependent on belief. I have this one cousin who believes the world would end in 2012 yet he forgot he believes in the vedic information, that this age last 432000 years. Only 5000+ years have passed.

Here is a case of a person who believes two "truths" yet they contradict one another. Contadiction of two beliefs= falsehood somewhere......!

As a result his assessment of life is blurred and confused. Knowledge of a religious text and knowledge of science when they agree then truth is certain. Dinosaurs according to the bible existed alongside man, they were called dragons then, the word dinosaur didn't exist. Looking for the word dinosaur in bible is stupid because you should know the history of when the word dinosaur was coined. Both science and the bible agree they existed, but the time periods differ. Recently a acrheologist proved man and dinsosaur existed alongside man , after finding a man's foot moulded in warm lava and a dinosaurs as well. Also she found a human bone , carbon dating proved the bone to be old as dinosaurs bones. The myths and legends of dragons and dragon slayers suddenly appear to be more than just a tale.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.

I don't think the truth can be quite the same as a fact... and a belief by definition can not be the truth, rather an approximation at best.

I feel the issue is mostly about truthfulness, which entails integrity, for one would only perform actions he can be truthful about, and also, be honest within while not entertaining delusions.
Old 31-08-2011, 10:51 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
Truth is not dependent on belief.

if truth is seperate from belief - then all we have is the perception of that truth - gained from our rationlised experience taken from information recieved through our senses.

so what we have when we individually say someting is truth - is not truth - but a perception of truth. what is a belief if it is not a perception of truth?
Old 31-08-2011, 10:59 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't think the truth can be quite the same as a fact... and a belief by definition can not be the truth, rather an approximation at best.

I feel the issue is mostly about truthfulness, which entails integrity, for one would only perform actions he can be truthful about, and also, be honest within while not entertaining delusions.

hmmm....

integrity relies on belief of truthfulness though - it doesnt necessarily have to have anything to do with truth.

i like what you said though - a belief is an appoximation of truth.
Old 31-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Ascender

Some things are fact, no matter how you look at it. For example, the earth orbits the sun. But yes, you're right, when it comes to matters of faith, it is in the end a subjective truth.
Old 31-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
Some things are fact, no matter how you look at it. For example, the earth orbits the sun. But yes, you're right, when it comes to matters of faith, it is in the end a subjective truth.

but even the earth orbiting the sun is based on a belief. for instance - how do you know it does? have you experienced it - have you seen it first hand - or a video?

if you have not personally experienced it and seen it on video or understand the theory behind it - you are believing that the evidence shown to you is the truth. so its a belief again.

its just like saying the earth is not flat. because of the size of the earth - you cant see it first hand - you have to believe in theory and logic to say the earth is not flat. its a logical deduction dont get me wrong - but its all still belief. belief in evidence that someone else suggests, that you can understand and so you believe yourself, that belief held so strongly - you call it a fact. but that fact is based on belief.

saying something is a belief doesnt necessarily make it illogical or fantasy. its about understanding the human condition.
Old 31-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
When you go through a saturn transit and rememberance of your misdeeds come to light answering the reason for your suffering is the beginning of knowing.

would you explain what a saturn transit is?

Quote:
As a result his assessment of life is blurred and confused. Knowledge of a religious text and knowledge of science when they agree then truth is certain. Dinosaurs according to the bible existed alongside man, they were called dragons then, the word dinosaur didn't exist. Looking for the word dinosaur in bible is stupid because you should know the history of when the word dinosaur was coined. Both science and the bible agree they existed, but the time periods differ. Recently a acrheologist proved man and dinsosaur existed alongside man , after finding a man's foot moulded in warm lava and a dinosaurs as well. Also she found a human bone , carbon dating proved the bone to be old as dinosaurs bones. The myths and legends of dragons and dragon slayers suddenly appear to be more than just a tale.

I had heard about the man's foot mold, but never made the connection of dinosaurs=dragons.
Why/when was the word dinosaur coined?
Old 21-09-2011, 10:21 PM
bluejay

hope hath no doubt and doubt leaves no room for hope comes to mind!!! I see what you getting at but everyone just wants the truth and according to the laws of manifestation , the truth IS what we make it isn't it? It is hard to spot a liar and even harder to spot the truth? HMMMM....
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
TheHmanBeingnamedLogan

Real truth can only be discovered while in a state of high vibrational consciousness. There is a river of wisdom that flows into and out of all living things, I have come to know this river as the river of infinite intelligence, and when you elevate your energy frequency high enough anyone can access it's wisdom. It is where real truths are found again!