Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 25-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Guide
Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonom...idian_response

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a recently-described perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial. Tom Stafford, a professor at the University of Sheffield, says, "It might well be a real thing, but it's inherently difficult to research."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpfHgC3ye0
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Ascender
I can haz!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
SpaceCamel

I have this feature and just now discovered its naming "asmr".
I have it not from some outer stimulations, but from my own thought patterns.
When I construct some positive thought combination which I never had earlier, I experience this brain orgasm. I'm quite neurotic but I learn to organize my thoughts and organize them in positive way. And by going this strategy, I experience these brain orgasms increasingly stronger.

I feel like I get added energy from somewhere.

From physical standpoint, in that moment we get activated neurons which never earlier had used, so they finally got positive energy.

For me, I assume it's my spiritual growth indicator.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Deactivated Account

from what I've read thus far, ASMR is a sign of activation. It puzzles mainstream mundanes because they have no language, no paradigm for it. This erotic twist on it (YT videos) is just one direction it can go.
It's not all erotic. It's activity of the chakras and subtle body in people who are receiving more cosmic energy than average. There are now many more people than ever before (well, past 8,000 yrs at least) with activations of the quantum relationships between our metaphysical and physical levels of being; which are dormant in most of the population.

The mainstream mundanes don't believe in these "new age" constructs, because they are obedient to their programming, under threat of material deprivation and ego injury. This does not change the fact that understanding of these "new age" but nonetheless scientific phenomena is required for our continued technological advancement, for solving our massive global problems, for saving the planet, basically, and for communicating and cooperating with our many ET visitors who can help us solve these problems, as well as be less vulnerable to our unfriendly ET visitors.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Ascender
I get this too. Namely sounds like something being brushed, the feeling of a make up brush on my face and the sound it makes, someone whispering in my ear. All of it gives me the tingly warm fuzzies.
Old 20-02-2014, 05:16 PM
MrKappa

Oh wow... I have many theories on this one.

I believe it has something to do with cerebral spinal fluid and optimal performance of the nervous system. When we relax, our mind enters a different state of being biologically, electrically, and spiritually. Meditation is the rejection of external stimulus leading us into a healing stage.

ASMR embraces external stimulus, and as a result those of us who are more in tune with our senses, are pleasantly surprised with new sensations.

Medicine only recognizes problematic symptoms as illness. ASMR is a positive experience which is healthy, so it eludes scientific scrutiny.

Modern television and media has strictly adhered to the philosophy, that louder, larger and more intense is the most effective way to grab and hold our attention. If you ask me it's the core reason why my television viewing habits are absolutely minimal these days. TV makes people zombies, and ASMR, while it does make one very relaxed, the sensations which go along with the experience, are highly spiritual, rather than the soulless void of television.

My first chakra, lucid dreaming, and third eye experiences were while watching ASMR videos. Binaural beats are another great relaxing method, if you are extremely high strung and stressed out. In fact, it was progressive with me. It took binaural beats to knock me out of a crazy OCD stressful period of my life, and ASMR brought me into deeper relaxing states of being.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Experiencer

I'm a big fan of ASMR videos. Whenever I get too tense, they calm me down. This guy has a great channel, with all different types of "triggers." The ones he does with the dummy head are fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ASMRSURGE/videos

Also, here's my favorite binaural beats channel, on YouTube; they have something for everything that may ail you:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BrainwavePowerMusic/videos
Old 03-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonom...idian_response

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a recently-described perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial. Tom Stafford, a professor at the University of Sheffield, says, "It might well be a real thing, but it's inherently difficult to research."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpfHgC3ye0

Everything the "normals" interpret becomes corrupted, they can't help it.
Old 22-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
Everything the "normals" interpret becomes corrupted, they can't help it.

It's not a matter of corruption. ASMR is quite subjective and varies between individuals. Some people feel intense tingling and others might not have any response when given the same stimuli. Science purely focuses on what could be measured objectively in a controlled environment. The quote was merely stating that ASMR would be difficult to research into with scientific methods, and also implies that the professor hasn't experienced an ASMR response. Anyone who has ever had tingles would not say "It might well be a real thing...".

I have experienced ASMR. It's not very intense but I do get tingles at the back of my head, where the scalp joins to the back of the neck. Sometimes it moves to my temples or down my spine. It doesn't happen with every video I watch, even if it was by the same ASMRtist that gave me tingles the week before. Even if I don't get the tingles, they help me calm down.

I tend to go for the more popular ASMRtists like GentleWhispering, ASMRrequests and WhispersRedASMR. I also enjoy Steven ASMR but his videos can be a little strange (his Big Brother role-plays) and Albinwhisperland, who has a lot of girly videos that I'm interested in.
Old 17-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Netkazana

I have Asmr when ever I think of it I can make it intense or light at will is it a indication of spiritual Growth