Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 17-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
We aren't required to love others' differing beliefs, but just to see that others have the same right as us to having their own differing beliefs.
Yes, of course, that goes with anything in life, even Hitler had the right to be what he thought was a good belief.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:19 AM
mattie

Big Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes, of course, that goes with anything in life, even Hitler had the right to be what he thought was a good belief.

Hitler may have the right to believe in racial purification, as flawed as this may be, but not to carry this out via genocide or discriminating against others who are different than his racially perfect ideal.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Hitler may have the right to believe in racial purification, as flawed as this may be, but not to carry this out via genocide or discriminating against others who are different than his racially perfect ideal.
Yep that was my point.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
We aren't required to love others' differing beliefs, but just to see that others have the same right as us to having their own differing beliefs.

No we are not *required* to do so. But it can certainly help. It would help the world unite and settle its differences if we managed to love others different conceptions.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
No we are not *required* to do so. But it can certainly help. It would help the world unite and settle its differences if we managed to love others different conceptions.
I think it would help more if we could just love each other, for who they are, not what they believe in.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:38 AM
mattie

Tolerance Is The Underlying Issue

Quote:

So substitute desired for required. How is it desired that one love energies or beliefs that one may not believe in? I see the underlying issue as spiritual belief tolerance.

I agree w/ your basic idea, but just that it is about tolerance, not loving the differing belief. It is fairly easy to love another’s view of God if this is slightly tweaked, for instance, moving away from male gender to no gender, but not so easy to have a substantially differing POV. The exact belief is of little issue as the underlying unifying issue is tolerance of others' differing beliefs. This goes hand in hand w/ respecting others' right to have these beliefs. Empathy, Oneness. This Oneness doesn't require that we have the same spiritual beliefs.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Animus27

Quote:
There, I said it.

I Love your God.

And I hope you love mine.

Your God means a lot to me. I hope He/She/It makes you happy.
As a polytheist I accept the likelihood that all gods exist in some way, even if I don't choose to pay cultus to them.
Old 17-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I think it would help more if we could just love each other, for who they are, not what they believe in.

*nods enthusiastically* ~ Exactly ~ this is what it's about, and great new avatar, btw.

Old 18-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:

You seem to imply that peoples beliefs are not a part of "who they are". It is very simple to say we should love each other for who we are until someone does or says something which you don't believe in or understand.

Contrary to the doctrine of I AM, I believe that our mind and thoughts and beliefs actually is a part of WHO WE ARE.

Old 18-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
*nods enthusiastically* ~ Exactly ~ this is what it's about, and great new avatar, btw.

Is it? So what should people do with their differing ideas, concepts and understanding? We really ought not brush it under the carpet so that we don't annoy other people.

I totally agree with loving people for "who they are" - but problems always get in the way. Personality, culture, religion, are all a part of who we are. It is the differences between us that need to be accepted so that we can make peace.