Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 01-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Experiencer

the stages of identification

I got this partially from Chogyam Trungpa. I feel that it's a helpful version of the levels of growth/identification.

stage 1: identification with body

2: identification with thoughts

3: identification with emotions

4: identification with beliefs, ideas, concepts (such as impermanence, all is one, etc.)

5: identification with 'it is finished', 'you already have what you're seeking', 'truth is already true', 'I need do nothing'

6: enlightenment, non-identification, identification with truth is replaced by truth itself
Old 01-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Master
May I ask what is the distinction between stage 4 and stage 5? The quotes described in stage 5 appears to be concepts also.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 01-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Experiencer

In stage 4, you identify with your understanding. In stage 5, you've already found truth, and you identify with the fact that you already know. In stage 4, you're still in the process of finding answers, in 5, you've already found them. In stage 6, you go beyond identification with knowing directly into truth.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Master
Ok, I think I see what you mean. So stage 5 as described is like people being attached and identifying with their experience of spiritual revelation beyond conceptual ideology. However, the individual is still marinating in the identification of what they experience as Truth. Stage 6 is then simply the absence of identification altogether and simply being/immersed in Truth in and of itself with no strings attached. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Old 02-12-2017, 07:25 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for your kindness.

You're a beautiful person.

All is well.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Master
All is indeed well

Old 20-12-2017, 04:27 AM
Suspended