Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 03-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Guide

Edited… double post.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
Funny… I'm the same way and my mother is a very hilarious, friendly and chatty lady, while I am the opposite.

I have many male friends and seem to do better when one on one with women than in large groups. I notice in professional situations people always talk over me or ignore me. It's like since I am quiet and have a somewhat gentle personality people don't take me as seriously. However, my background is in writing/research and I'm currently in grad school and people are always thrown off when they find out I actually do quite well. I'm currently dealing with a bit of animosity towards me from some female peers. One who is a competitive aries and another a scorpio. I was actually thinking about this the other day and began categorizing my female friends who did not talk over me/ignore me/compete with me. Most have been libra's and I checked your profile… LOL. I seriously think female air signs get along really well with males and are super relaxed and less competitive than some other signs? That's just my experience.

Clio, you sound like me, hehe.... I am ALWAYS talked over by women only.... as if I don't exist in their presence...women are sooo competitive, it's sickening. Just this morning, a family member called to tell me what she's done so far, haha... not much I could do with that, than say congrats!
Most of my friends (throughout my life) have always been male with about three exceptions... I prefer it this way.
Now, I just sit back and watch them try and scratch eachother's eyes out... quite funny, actually.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
Funny… I'm the same way and my mother is a very hilarious, friendly and chatty lady, while I am the opposite.

I have many male friends and seem to do better when one on one with women than in large groups. I notice in professional situations people always talk over me or ignore me. It's like since I am quiet and have a somewhat gentle personality people don't take me as seriously. However, my background is in writing/research and I'm currently in grad school and people are always thrown off when they find out I actually do quite well. I'm currently dealing with a bit of animosity towards me from some female peers. One who is a competitive aries and another a scorpio. I was actually thinking about this the other day and began categorizing my female friends who did not talk over me/ignore me/compete with me. Most have been libra's and I checked your profile… LOL. I seriously think female air signs get along really well with males and are super relaxed and less competitive than some other signs? That's just my experience.

Oh my god, yes! It may be because air is a masculine element, therefore attracts masculine energy? One of the women in particular that tries to talk over me and override me is a Scorpio! Unbelievable - you've hit the nail on the head. She wants to be center of attention all the time and seems to talk over me when men are around in particular - one of the men had been giving me signals he liked me and she ended up kissing him whilst I was away for the weekend! That's no bother for me as I just saw him as a friend, but (even though she can be very nice to me when she wants to be) she has to steal the limelight. I'm quite a peaceful person so I won't fight for it.

I've noticed that it seems to be lessening since I consciously put across an assertive (but still friendly) vibe.

Thanks for your input!

CherryCherry
Old 04-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
Clio, you sound like me, hehe.... I am ALWAYS talked over by women only.... as if I don't exist in their presence...women are sooo competitive, it's sickening. Just this morning, a family member called to tell me what she's done so far, haha... not much I could do with that, than say congrats!
Most of my friends (throughout my life) have always been male with about three exceptions... I prefer it this way.
Now, I just sit back and watch them try and scratch eachother's eyes out... quite funny, actually.

It's really horrible. Maybe it's a good thing - it could mean we are comfortable being ourselves and are not thirsty for validation :) They may be talking over us, but maybe we have the real power by being passive as we don't feel the need to prove our worth.

CherryCherry
Old 04-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCherry
It's really horrible. Maybe it's a good thing - it could mean we are comfortable being ourselves and are not thirsty for validation :) They may be talking over us, but maybe we have the real power by being passive as we don't feel the need to prove our worth.

Definitely! I certainly don't have a need for validation...I know who I am, so they can talk over me all they please...I just find it hilarious.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Knower

I know the feeling am always being ignored especially when am in work which is really staring to bug me for example without going into to much detail a patient I care for was acting strangely we was trying to figure out why I said my opinion which got totally ignored for days I voiced my opinion on deaf ears until someone else said the same thing I've been saying for days and they got listen too and turns out I/we was right �� it's same with family and friends people just speak over you I must just have a quiet voice I don't know but it is frustrating
Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCherry
Oh my god, yes! It may be because air is a masculine element, therefore attracts masculine energy? One of the women in particular that tries to talk over me and override me is a Scorpio! Unbelievable - you've hit the nail on the head. She wants to be center of attention all the time and seems to talk over me when men are around in particular - one of the men had been giving me signals he liked me and she ended up kissing him whilst I was away for the weekend! That's no bother for me as I just saw him as a friend, but (even though she can be very nice to me when she wants to be) she has to steal the limelight. I'm quite a peaceful person so I won't fight for it.

I've noticed that it seems to be lessening since I consciously put across an assertive (but still friendly) vibe.

Thanks for your input!

That's HER insecurity and need for validation. She sees you as a threat and she's compelled to "beat you"/win some imaginary competition against you. This isn't being ignored at all. She's probably thinking about you more than you realize, just not in a positive way. You're probably making more of an impression on others than you realize.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Master
Good question. Well men and women are different . Most women get terribly jealous envious around other girls/women. It is a strange nature females have, but they do. For males, they do not feel the need to envy a female at all, its not a threat unless perhaps they are romantically inclined with you.
I am good to women, and I am good friend and a faithful friend any girl can have, though some have asked me if I like women or am i lesbian lol. I am pretty straight and no I am not attracted to women , m just nice to every human being when I can. My brother's wife recently asked me if I was sexually attracted to a women, I thought it was very rude to ask that question even if I was actually attracted to a woman it wasn't her business. Anyways because I was not acting mean at every opportunity. But most people do and they lack common courtesy. Sometimes society also expect you to act like what most people do. Not just women, but men expect you to fit into roles as well, no matter how feminie you are. When I am friendly, people find me wonderful, or act surprised , why lol ? is a little friendliness that odd in this world. Perhaps even men are used to seeing their own girls ***** about others . It a pretty damaged world we live in I guess, with toxic mentality people have all around.
A girl recently told me " I envy your hair, when you had knots in your hair this morning, I was so happy, I was like yayayayay I am not the only one " .... She is a 31 year old woman lol, so you can imagine o.O.
Anyways back to your question, there is perhaps some invisible girl code, that me myself being a girl I have not discovered, or perhaps the group of women you have come across are totally mean and unhappy .
I think it comes to what you believe about yourself as well, because yes its certainly a vibe you put on, be confident when you speak, and what you have to say does matter. You have the right to be loved and accepted just the way you are :) do this and people will turn around to notice you. Inspire some envy perhaps hehe . Good luck :)