Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Pathfinder

I don't do the vegan lifestyle thing. I just don't EAT animal products. But I relapsed on dairy while with my carnivorous family, ugh!
I need a fiber cleanse. I find the supplements store too confusing, to many products that might not be necessary.
And I still feel something is lacking, I get weak on the vegan diet as hard as I try to add herbs and legumes and fiber. can anyone receommend a less expensive simpler way to restore balance? Anyone finding this too challenging? I was vegetarian for years and felt ok, but found out I had candida and not enough fiber, and sometimes not enough protein even with dairy.
Old 31-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow
I don't do the vegan lifestyle thing. I just don't EAT animal products. But I relapsed on dairy while with my carnivorous family, ugh!
I need a fiber cleanse. I find the supplements store too confusing, to many products that might not be necessary.
And I still feel something is lacking, I get weak on the vegan diet as hard as I try to add herbs and legumes and fiber. can anyone receommend a less expensive simpler way to restore balance? Anyone finding this too challenging? I was vegetarian for years and felt ok, but found out I had candida and not enough fiber, and sometimes not enough protein even with dairy.

Your diet sounds a lot like men.

It was sort of fun, but the foods where pretty expensive in the beginning, and I was hungry pretty frequently. The recipes i made were sort of fun...it was like science...trying to imitate the appearance and taste of a food eaten in the normal western diet.

I now put less energy and absorption into my diet, still don't consume meat or stuff, but animal products such as cheese, condensed milk, or honey...nothing to feel bad about.

Vegan foods are simply imitation of a western diet.But at least you feel less guilt.

I was too vain and insecure about my health.
Old 31-12-2015, 04:12 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow

I was vegetarian for a few years before I went to a vegan diet. For me it only meant skipping the cheese as cowmilk had already been replaced by fortified soymilk for the calcium and B12.
If you have not enough protein maybe you need more whole wheat bread. Whole wheat is an important source of necessary nutritions.
My only supplements are calcium and B12 because I make my own soymilk now. That's a much richer experience.

Maybe you should consult your doctor or a qualified dietician to help you out.

I make my own hummus to get beans and nuts for the proteins. It's great on sandwiches and very cheap to make, between 2 and 6 euro per kilo. You can also save it in the freezer so you can make larger batches at once. Saves you time.
There are many and easy ways to make hummus. Just find your own flavor and go for it. You do need a food processor though to mix everything up. I have two, one big, one small.

I can s**t proteins if I want. (sorry for that)
Old 31-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionOfHybrid
Your diet sounds a lot like mine

It was sort of fun, but the foods where pretty expensive in the beginning, and I was hungry pretty frequently. The recipes i made were sort of fun...it was like science...trying to imitate the appearance and taste of a food eaten in the normal western diet.

I now put less energy and absorption into my diet, still don't consume meat or stuff, but animal products such as cheese, condensed milk, or honey...nothing to feel bad about.

Vegan foods are simply imitation of a western diet.But at least you feel less guilt.

I was too vain and insecure about my health.

I meant to say "mine" instead of men.