Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Master

Veganism starting out

Hi there I was gonna start out in veganism soon, but need some advice how to best start out, what basics to buy, how to combine, if someone has a website with easy relatively cheap meals please? If anyone know where to get the atuff(uk)? I don't wanna spend a fortune either.. Neither stand too long in the kitchen.. Any tools that is a must? What about supplements and vitamins? Heard you gotta have B3 what else?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator
Hi Marie,
You might find some helpful information here:
https://www.vegansociety.com/go-vegan/how-go-vegan

Once you know what basics to have in your food cupboard, these are often available at supermarkets! Some are even cheaper when bought from ethnic stores (such as lentils, nuts etc), and most certainly available at health food shops. Supplements -such as B12, Vit. D3, Calcium, Omega 3, or a good vegan daily muti-vit.mineral etc can be obtained either by ordering online, or again often from health food stores.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Pathfinder

Food combining went out a long time ago. You can eat anything at any time, but some foods like bananas tend to make us sleepy and have a lot of acidity and mucus. Not a good food for mornings or if you're already congested.

I like keeping an alkaline diet and avoiding acidic foods. It's amazing how many foods are acidic! Rice is a big one. Processed soy is just as bad, but not soy milk or the beans. The only supplement to take might be iron, manganese and B12. Otherwise, each person is different and has different needs. It's important to eat organic too! Some foods are more contaminated than others, and the internet has lists that are very handy. We're lucky to live in this era, as even someone like me that eats a cruelty free diet (no dead animals, no dairy, no eggs unless they're from chickens that have freedom in a pasture, etc) can find lots to eat if we have a good store nearby. White potatoes are not healthy as they are almost completely converted to sugar in the body, and have a scary high glycemic index. Sweet potatoes and yams are much healthier.

Foods like avocados, fresh pineapple, grapefruit (I only like the red Texas types), ginger, garlic, broccoli, unprocessed organic raw honey, quinoa, almonds, peppers and chilies, apples, carrots, etc are sort of super foods that bring the body to a more alkaline state. I eat a lot of millet, wild rice (not a rice really, a grass), buckwheat, etc and mix it w/ basmati rice to lower the acidity. I would cross wheat off the list too. It is a very unhealthy food, and today it's a Frankenwheat, w/ some of it containing pesticides in the very DNA thanks to genetic engineering. Corn is getting that way too, but remember, if it's certified organic it's not GMO.

You may want to taper into a vegan diet. I was already a vegetarian so it was not too bad. Still miss cheese a lot, but some of the fake ones do the trick now and then.