Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-06-2013, 05:06 PM
JeanSantos

Question Do crystals really work?

As a naturally skeptical guy I'm not sure if I'm buying the whole gemstones story. How can I tell? Is it mostly believing in these crystals or is the energy inherently inside of them?
Old 15-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Experiencer

Some people may be able to feel the energy and some people may not be able to. I used to not be able to feel it until recently I developed the ability. I can definitely say that the energy is there and it's real because I feel it. In order to develop this energy, meditation is key. Also doing energy work will help you start to feel more subtle energies. Then you won't be able to have any more doubt.
"It will remain remarkable, in what ever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the scientific conclusion that the content of the consciousness is the ultimate universal reality." -Eugene Wigner, physicist and Nobel Prize winner.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Guide

I think this may be the kind of question where the answers will be decisive to any individual's personal experience, foremost determined by whether one resonates with the subject, and whether one may have abilities to perceive the energies in question.

While I have a small collection of tumbled stones myself, I have no personal experiences of observing any effects with them. My interest in the subject is generally faint as well. But the beauty of mother earth presented in the form of variegated minerals has always had a strong appeal to me. It's like gorgeous inedible candy.
Old 17-06-2013, 10:33 AM
vicky9902

YEah crystals do work. their is different aspects of work for each type. One must get sufficient knowledge before having one. or else they can reflect negatively.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou
Some people may be able to feel the energy and some people may not be able to. I used to not be able to feel it until recently I developed the ability. I can definitely say that the energy is there and it's real because I feel it. In order to develop this energy, meditation is key. Also doing energy work will help you start to feel more subtle energies. Then you won't be able to have any more doubt.

Totally agree with you .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 17-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanSantos
As a naturally skeptical guy I'm not sure if I'm buying the whole gemstones story. How can I tell?

I suppose the only surefire way to tell, is to draft a hypothesis, something like, "Proximity/exposure to the gemstone substance gray haematite will raise standard of living especially in regards to physical health of anemics."

Then, get a handful of that substance, and get a bunch of people to carry around the same amount each, and (this is important) do not tell them why. For purposes of the example hypothesis, it might help if they're anemic.

Conduct a survey for a certain amount of time before they start carrying the haematite, and another survey for during. If they say that their standard of living has gone up, then make sure that it's really the haematite that's doing that and not, say, that their grandmother came over for a visit and forced them to eat liver which they usually wouldn't eat, or whatever other reason.

I'm sure there have been people who have done something like the above, and if they aren't laughed out of academia, they probably haven't found anything conclusive.

Quote:
Is it mostly believing in these crystals or is the energy inherently inside of them?

Do you believe that there's energy inherently inside of gemstones?

Personally, I think that it works if you make it work, but that doesn't mean it's all imagined. I believed in gemstone correspondents enough to wear a blue agate to help with my anxiety, while I was in middle school... and, I was still horribly anxious. After that, I wore a moonstone to heal my heart.

More recently, I got an amethyst wand because it was pretty, and I noticed that I just got a really big surge of creative energy that I'd never had before.

Looking back, that blue agate just didn't work. Maybe it was asleep. Maybe my energy wasn't compatible with its energy-- and what would have alleviated my anxiety was tiger's eye topaz. I do believe that I felt the moonstone take effect, but my energy and moonstone's is definitely incompatible, and I would often feel confused and queasy.

Meanwhile, my amethyst didn't work within the description of amethyst. Old lore says that it's supposed to prevent drunkenness (as per the Greek myth of Amethystos and Dionysus), new lore says that it's supposed to make people psychic. Instead, for whatever reason, it ignited my creativity. This is something that I concluded from feeling the stone, rather than believing that it would do so.

For something like grey haematite, it's my favorite stone and something that I felt drawn to and soothed by. However, it wasn't until I became more knowledgeable with healing that I realized my instincts/intuition were spot on to collect a lot of haematite... but I hadn't been using it properly.
Old 20-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Knower

Everything is energy. So crystals also have energy. Each crystal has a different vibration and can affect individuals as to their needs and how it can help them. It doesn't matter if you believe or not the energy is still there.