Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Immie07

Your strongest evidence

I have been a firm believer in all things spiritual for my whole life. Despite that, I have rare days when I suddenly think 'am I going mad?' This isn't helped by the Internet - as typing the word 'mediumship' in Google will give you more skeptics and scientific disproving than you can shake a stick at. Along with the words fraud, fake, and psycho.
I think it's healthy to doubt sometimes, otherwise one could end up believing in all manner of things that are unhealthy or kinda crazy.
But to counter the doubt, I have personal memories that I like to pull out and remind myself of. Like the time a spirit person said their name in my ear for a lady in church, and when I didn't immediately react another medium got up and gave the same lady the same name.
Like the time a guide visited me and gave me clear instructions on what to do to move my development forward. This was a 15 minute conversation where I asked questions and he answered as if in the room with me.

These memories are just 2 of many that I bring up to remind myself of the truth of spirit.

I'm interested to know what your most validating experiences are!
Old 19-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Deactivated Account

It's hard sometimes because the logical mind wants to remain sceptical.. but you can't really deny the things you've experienced. You can think "well perhaps it's a made up hallucinatory story by the brain".. but that wouldn't really make any sense either.
Old 19-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Master
Hi Immie,

I think the most validating experience we have is that we all exist !
The best part of our existence is that we have the preciouss gift to think and ask ourselves: why do we exist? how do we exist?

Sometimes I dream important days of my life with months of anticipation. When I recognize one of those days, I say, oh this 'was' that day ;)
Old 19-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Ivy

I've been held as if someone was beside me, lifted by angels, found myself amongst a council of wisdom and seen things before they happen. But what matters more isn't so much a proof of what is real or not, but being able to see how that experience assisted me at just the right time.
Old 20-11-2014, 05:52 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
You can think "well perhaps it's a made up hallucinatory story by the brain".. but that wouldn't really make any sense either.

That explanation usually makes sense to me. :)

But a better way of looking at it is that an experience may be misinterpreted as having a supernatural origin when it really is more psychological. That doesn't mean that one is delusional or insane, just that the human mind does not work in such an obvious way at times.
Old 20-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immie07
But to counter the doubt, I have personal memories that I like to pull out and remind myself of. Like the time a spirit person said their name in my ear for a lady in church, and when I didn't immediately react another medium got up and gave the same lady the same name.
Like the time a guide visited me and gave me clear instructions on what to do to move my development forward. This was a 15 minute conversation where I asked questions and he answered as if in the room with me.

These memories are just 2 of many that I bring up to remind myself of the truth of spirit.

I'm interested to know what your most validating experiences are!
That's about all the evidence you really need. The trouble with the internet is that there are a lot of crazy people saying a lot of crazy things about a lot of crazy people. Sometimes the mediums are fakes and sometimes their clients think they're fakes (even though they might not be) because the answers aren't instant or not to their liking. As long as you are confident with what comes from Spirit that's all you can do, you can't control how it's received and unfortunately that plays a part in how people perceive you. Use body language when delivering a message, if their face screws up a little then you'll know it's not making sense. In that case you could go back to Spirit and ask for more clarification. Sometimes a message isn't always understood at that time because the person doesn't have the knowledge, sometimes it may take years for that message to come into its own.

I'm assuming you're fairly recent to mediumship? It's all part of the learning experience so don't worry too much about it too much, ask Spirit for validation and work with Spirit to get the message across.
Old 20-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Master
Strongest evidence for me, was actually shared with my sister shortly after a beloved cat died. We hadn't been able to be with her when she died, as it was during the night at the vet hospital, but the next night, we were playing with Lego bricks, all of a sudden the room got a bit chilly and I heard a purr. I looked over at Kathi, and asked "did you hear that" And she responded with: "Yeah...you too?" And we just sat there in amazement as she purred and purred for several minutes before leaving finally. I got really emotional afterwards.
Old 20-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Suspended
When you Google "Shaman" you get the same results.
Old 20-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
When you Google "Shaman" you get the same results.

Yeah, when you google "Magician" you get the guy who pulls bunnies out of a hat
Old 20-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Voodoo Lady

I am actually in a period where I am ignoring everything spirit says, because I think I am making it all up. That being said, I have had SEVERAL amazing things happen over the years that I cannot explain.

1. My first Latin teacher, an tough old Italian Benedictine Monk and Catholic Priest, was going to be away from school for a few days to have some surgery done, and he was a tough, ex-boxer, so it NEVER occurred to me that there might be any complications. I was at the young age when I assumed the doctors could fix anything. This old priest was a tough old teacher, who used to throw chalkboard erasers at our head when we got a Latin verb wrong, and who would pinch the heck out of your elbow if you got an answer wrong, but I loved Latin and loved his class. Anyway, early one morning, I was having a dream that he and I were standing in front of the Abbey church at the Monastery. He said, "Signorina (Italian for "miss"), come give me a hug." I said, "why?" and he said, in a gruff Italian accent, "because I'm never going to see you again." I hugged him and that was the end of the dream. 2 hours later, my cousin called me to say that Fr. Luke had died. I had not seen it coming at all and it was a complete shock to everybody. I think the reason he came to me was because he knew I would grow up to be a Latin teacher - which I am :)

2) One Wednesday evening in my and my husband's home, I was washing dishes and I heard a voice say " somebody in your family is going to die." I said, "I didn't hear that - that is not true!" because I didn't want to believe it. The first thing I thought of was "oh no, it will be one of my parents," so I tried to ignore it, but I had the impression that it was my Dad's grandmother (my greatgrandmotehr) who had told me this. TWO days later, my Grandma, who had not been sick at all, passed away. This made complete sense because this was my dad's mother, the daughter of the lady who I thought I heard in the kitchen. I did not cry, because I thought, "if her mother (my great grandmother) is well and capable of visiting me from spirit and telling me this, I don't need to cry for my Grandma.

Also I knew the moment my other Grandma died. I "felt" something was wrong, and I called my Mother from college, and she was in tears because she had literally just heard that Granny had died.