Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 19-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi :) Here is why I am interested in all this

Hello, this is my first time back to this place in a long time. I used to be on this site around 7 years ago, but I have gone through a plethora of emails and user names through various websites since then, so for the life of me I cannot remember my old account. Also, its nice to have a clean slate every now and then right?

I want to explain why I have been so interested in psychic ability and spirituality since I was a child.

When I was a child very very young child like 4 or 5 I noticed that sometimes when I focused I could almost control wind speed and direction. But then as I got older I was told magic and such was bullcrap, so as I got older I thought it was simply my imagination.

Also, I would occasionally have dreams of the future, from a young age, like 7 or 8 or so, but I thought it was mere coincidence that my dreams and reality matched so closely.

Then I started watching a show, many of you have probably heard of it or seen it Avatar The Last Airbender. I was about 10 or so at the time, and with an active imagination I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be cool if I could do that?!". I was inside my house and I lit a candle because I wanted to try "fire-bending". But to my amazement I could actually control the flame. When I would really focus I could make the fire dance around like crazy and grow larger, and when I would release control it would go to its calm normal state. And keep in mind, I was inside with no fans on or windows open. I tried to tell my friends about it, but they all laughed at me so I stopped doing it because I convinced myself I was making it up.

Also until I was about 14 I was a devout Christian, and I felt like using any sort of "magic" was forbidden, so I felt guilty for trying to use any power. Now days I believe that psychic ability comes from whatever God is, because in reality we have no idea what God really is and I don't think we could possibly fathom it, or even if it is a conscious entity or not. But whatever spiritual force is behind everything I now believe gives us psychic ability. In fact now I use the Bible as a bit of support for psychic ability because in the Bible Jesus says we can perform all he did and more if we simply have faith.

Then at about 13 I started having more dreams that came true, but they started happening like crazy. I would have one of these dreams at least once a week till I turned about 18.

After about a year of this I started doing some research, and taking into account all that stuff from my childhood I realized I had psychic ability. So I delved into it and started trying to improve.

Then I started doing drugs.... surprisingly my prophetic dreams increased 3 fold (no I am not encouraging drug use for ANY REASON!!!). But for the most part I didn't practice my psychic skills during this time. Well actually that is a lie, I practice one skill. I pick up on emotions very easily, and through that I also learned how to somewhat manipulate other people through enforcing my will on them. A horrible thing to do, and it was entirely unethical.

When I stopped using, around when I turned 18, I felt I had lost most of my connection to my spirituality and psychic skills. My prophetic dreams had almost completely stopped. I would get one maybe once a month if I was lucky.

Now I am 21 years old, and I am tired of feeling that disconnect from my spirit and psychic ability. For the last few years I almost feel as though a limb has been severed, and I am tired of it. On top of it my soul feels, for lack of a better word, corrupted. I began to hate so much and I felt so much anger for the last few years, since around when I stopped using, that I feel like it has stained my soul. My anger was directed at my brother and his friends who continued to use. Not only that, but my brother I realized was a complete addict. And I had this anger in me that I let affect every part of my life.

I was always blowing up on the people closest to me, I was isolating myself, and I almost lost everyone. My girlfriend, my friends, and my family.

Then in January my brother died. Overdose/suicide. And as horrible as it is to say when he died so did my anger. In fact the day he died, even before I knew of his death, I felt this anger disappear. I was going to apologize to my brother for pushing him away, I was going to tell him I loved him, and I wanted him to stop using. Then right when I went to do that I learned it was too late.

Part of me thinks that part of my anger was not only towards my brother, but its like it came from my brother. I think he felt angry and sad, I mean obviously because he killed himself, and I think I tapped into that.

Now that I don't feel that same anger blocking my path I was to begin to delve more into my spirituality again. I want to be able to use my psychic ability again. I have been somewhat lately. I have been having more prophetic dreams over the last 2 months or so, and I have been able to perform minor feats of energy manipulation.

I have also been called a crystal child a few times, but if that is true or not I cannot say. I had it told to me in a psychic reading, from a lady in a spiritual bookstore, and from one of my friends after I performed a bit of energy healing.

So yeah. That is my story of why I am interested in spirituality and psychic ability. Hopefully that wasn't too much for a welcome.... I look forward to having discussions with you all
Old 19-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-11-2014, 03:11 PM
primrose

welcome back shrouded-in-shadow.
Old 19-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Proteus Michael Kemo

Welcome!!
Great pleasure to connect!
Old 19-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Pathfinder
Welcome, you have a very interesting story.
Old 19-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Master

Hi Shroude-In-Shadow, a warm rewelcome back to SF, and, a great spiritual journey to you here!
Old 21-11-2014, 12:52 AM
trancepanth

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about your brother and the struggles you've had, I've been there and I know how the anger can take over your life and when you are channeling it from others (I had lots of anger from my family and eventually ended up manifesting the anger in myself and it stayed with me for a long time). But i am glad to hear you are healing. Move forward, forward, forward and enjoy the journey. Keep practicing and try some meditation, that really helped me a lot and still is. Find that Avatar inside you, hone those skills!
Old 21-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Red83

Welcome back Shrouded-in-Shadow. Sorry about your brother but i am sure he is in a better place :) (especially for his addiction :)

Shrouded-in-Shadow i had/have a connection with fire(don't know why) and i guess i need your help if you can tell me how to bend it (so u can make that shadow a bit larger to make a place for me if possible ;)
Old 21-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Master

Greetings and a very warm welcome.
Old 22-11-2014, 04:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Red83, I would love to help you. But I think I had better connection to the spiritual realm when I was a child. My abilities have been limited to minor feats of energy manipulation and I have lost almost all power I may have once held. Or at least my connection to it. I have to find my inner strength again and the power of my spirit before I can help anyone. What I have left is, suffice to say, shattered. I don't know how to regain what I lost. But that is why I came back here. I need help. Throughout my life I have had to rely on my own strength to get me through most things, but as I get older I realize that I am not strong enough on my own to do everything.

That is why I need help. I need to rediscover what gave me my inner strength, and even if that means relying on others for guidance I accept that. If anyone here is willing to help me by all means send me a PM. I know who I am at a physical and psychological level, but spiritually I feel alone and abandoned, even though I have family and friends. So by all means if you or someone else is willing to help me, and have me help them in return, I am more than willing to work with others, even though I have known more loneliness throughout my life than not.

I have relied on myself for too long, and sometimes relying on yourself isn't enough. I have come to realize I can't do everything on my own, no matter how much I would like to be able to. If anyone has any guidance I would love to hear from you.