Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Being grounded

Someone once told me that it's important to ground spirituality. I have some idea what this means but I still struggle to understand it fully.

So I'm wondering what being grounded means to others? And what are signs that you are not?
Old 09-11-2012, 03:28 PM
amy green

Some indications that someone is not grounded is feeling disorientated or out of touch with what's happening immediately around. It indicates that there is a need to be more fully rooted to the body. The body is part of the environment closest to our being, so being unaware of it can distort our perceptions and experiences. A simple exercise to become more grounded is just to wiggle your toes vigorously! Or walking barefoot, e.g. on grass. These bring awareness to the feet (the furthest part from our head). Exercises that strengthen the root chakra are also of direct benefit in feeling grounded.

I think being centered is a more refining form of being grounded. It means not being thrown off balance easily by events, to experience clarity and ability to initiate and focus, to respond rather than to react. Some examples of centering are doing affirmations, meditation and visualisation exercises - about regaining our power. (I have a visualisation exercise for basic centering - taken from a spiritual book - if you would like me to post it on this thread).

Last edited by amy green : 09-11-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Experiencer

Energies of the beginning of the spectrum are the heaviest, energies of the end are the lightest.
It is however only a very narrow center band which's top and bottom determine how heavy your body feels.

Too light and you'll float away with the wind unwillingly, too heavy and you wont even feel the breeze.

Grounding reduces instability:
The rate at which energies enter your system is random, multiply this value (aka grounding) to avoid unexpected bursts of nothing; which may causes the whole above structure you built to collapse.
(the more particles within a system the more reliably you'll be able to predict the rate of decay).
Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Aquarian

Grounding is literal. It means connecting your energies with the Earth.

I've just noticed there's something akin to a chakra down there that needs unblocking...
Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Master
Starbuck--

I recently posted something on Sangress's thread that I realized after her auric reading and portrait. The procedure that I used for grounding, which was sort of an expanded form of visualizing the energetic tree roots going down into the ground--(and I expanded them out into our solar system, galaxy, dimensions--as far as I could "see")--ended up pooling some kind of energy that my body couldn't ground properly.

When Sangress had asked what "kind" of energy I brought down when doing a grounding or anything--I didn't know if it was "Universal" or "source" energy--it was just whatever I got when I asked.

So, I was very surprised to learn that I was sort of slowing down my own aura with bringing down too much energy of a type that had not been "modified" first to be compatible with my body. These are the kind of energy things that I do appreciate from Sangress. It's not something I ever thought about before.

After i stopped doing that procedure on walks, I stopped shorting out remotes for a few hours after my walks and stopped feeling this dense energy at my feet, almost like walking on mercury (not that I've ever done that!).

It was sort of the "Doc--When I raise my arm, it hurts." Doc: "Don't raise your arm."

Lora

Here is a link to the discusssion:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34207&page=2

(Last entry)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Some indications that someone is not grounded is feeling disorientated or out of touch with what's happening immediately around. It indicates that there is a need to be more fully rooted to the body. The body is part of the environment closest to our being, so being unaware of it can distort our perceptions and experiences. A simple exercise to become more grounded is just to wiggle your toes vigorously! Or walking barefoot, e.g. on grass. These bring awareness to the feet (the furthest part from our head). Exercises that strengthen the root chakra are also of direct benefit in feeling grounded.

I think being centered is a more refining form of being grounded. It means not being thrown off balance easily by events, to experience clarity and ability to initiate and focus, to respond rather than to react. Some examples of centering are doing affirmations, meditation and visualisation exercises - about regaining our power. (I have a visualisation exercise for basic centering - taken from a spiritual book - if you would like me to post it on this thread).

I would really like to see the visualisation exercise if you can post it Amy, thanks.

Thanks for the explanation. I was a bit confused about the difference between grounded and centered. I'm not always that centred but I make a lot of effort to remain grounded by spending time in nature and breathing and connectng with my body. Maybe it's being centred that I need to work on.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liet
Energies of the beginning of the spectrum are the heaviest, energies of the end are the lightest.
It is however only a very narrow center band which's top and bottom determine how heavy your body feels.

Too light and you'll float away with the wind unwillingly, too heavy and you wont even feel the breeze.

Grounding reduces instability:
The rate at which energies enter your system is random, multiply this value (aka grounding) to avoid unexpected bursts of nothing; which may causes the whole above structure you built to collapse.
(the more particles within a system the more reliably you'll be able to predict the rate of decay).

Oh this is interesting, I haven't heard this before. Are you saying that if you let too much energy in this could be dangerous to the system? I suppose it makes logical, scientific sense...
Old 09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Grounding is literal. It means connecting your energies with the Earth.

I've just noticed there's something akin to a chakra down there that needs unblocking...

Thank you, I like the diagram.

I have tried chakra exercises but it's not something I concentrate on and it would probably be helpful if I did.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account
[quote=IsleWalker]Starbuck--

I recently posted something on Sangress's thread that I realized after her auric reading and portrait. The procedure that I used for grounding, which was sort of an expanded form of visualizing the energetic tree roots going down into the ground--(and I expanded them out into our solar system, galaxy, dimensions--as far as I could "see")--ended up pooling some kind of energy that my body couldn't ground properly.

When Sangress had asked what "kind" of energy I brought down when doing a grounding or anything--I didn't know if it was "Universal" or "source" energy--it was just whatever I got when I asked.

So, I was very surprised to learn that I was sort of slowing down my own aura with bringing down too much energy of a type that had not been "modified" first to be compatible with my body. These are the kind of energy things that I do appreciate from Sangress. It's not something I ever thought about before.

After i stopped doing that procedure on walks, I stopped shorting out remotes for a few hours after my walks and stopped feeling this dense energy at my feet, almost like walking on mercury (not that I've ever done that!).

It was sort of the "Doc--When I raise my arm, it hurts." Doc: "Don't raise your arm."

Lora

Here is a link to the discusssion:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...t=34207&page=2

Oh I haven't heard this before either. Thanks for the link, I will take a look. A few years ago I did a really intense chakra meditation where I really saw the colours and I had a very strong 'fluey' reaction where I felt incredibly sick and dizzy afterwards. I wonder now if that was because I was dragging too much energy into my system.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Oh I haven't heard this before either. Thanks for the link, I will take a look. A few years ago I did a really intense chakra meditation where I really saw the colours and I had a very strong 'fluey' reaction where I felt incredibly sick and dizzy afterwards. I wonder now if that was because I was dragging too much energy into my system.

Starbuck,

Yeah, now it makes me wonder how one knows how much "bringing down the energy" you should do. Maybe not everyone responds like this.

Sangress did explain how each "energy" that powers our (spiritual) bodies is sort of basic that is "conditioned". For instance, what she calls the "core" energy is a kind of pure energy from our particular Source that is conditioned by adding Universal energy (or is that energy that is conditioned to work with our bodies). The principle the same--Universal/Source + conditioning = uniquely designed for use by us.

I would be curious if there are others who have suffered from "too much" grounding--or if the method I chose wasn't really grounding but was more like bringing down energy without possibility of it's exit.

I've always felt you were very susceptible to energy. I would guess you to be what I call a "Top down" kind of energy person. The conventional wisdom is that you start with base/sacral energy and work your way up, but I think many (especially now) are born with all of them open, especially the top.

Then, just the normal experience of not being listened to--closes the throat chakra and creates this possibility of the "open doors" at the top (crown & third eye) but closed down below, creating a cycling short at the head.

All theory.

Let us know what works for you.

Lora

P.S. I also think her drawings of auric structures of people is way more complex and less cookie-cutter than the 7-chakra one. She says (and it shows in the readings of other people) that they can come in many different kinds of configurations. Most have two major chakras or energy centers that provide most of the energy. The secondary ones just move it out to periphery. Anyway, it's a more nuanced way of looking at this whole energy system idea. As I said to her once, it would be as if we discovered that not every human had an aorta that fed blood to the heart. But it makes sense to me that we are much more unique like that.