Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-09-2012, 04:38 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Two Ghosts were sat in the Pub discussing the normal , One of them was very much the skeptic and was of the firm view that there were no such things as People.

This brought me to that old philosophical nutshell that if a thing is beyond your awareness, then for you that thing will not exist. This is of course quiet irrespective of whether the thing beyond your awareness exists or not.

Things that are fully present may benefit from being like the rock. It's not that it is without a past or future. It's just that seems as though the rock has no capacity to dwell on either the past or the future.

We were designed differently though. We have and indeed do have such a capacity, It seems as though these are wired in to us.

This makes me wonder if it is natural even for us , as humans are meant to be fully present. However it's not just humans, I see my Cat , making calculations and judgements regarding distance and height before leaping, while it sleeps I see it's paw twitch as it dreams about leaping Salmon or being chased by a dog.

Perhaps I should leave it to the inanimate objects to focus on being fully present.
Hi Neville: Then there is this.. where people imagine great and wondrous 'mindscapes', and by imagining they suppose the mindscapes to be real.. then, they describe their mindscapes to others, and ask the others to believe they are real, too.. and on it goes, until someone realizes "the emperor has no clothes", but.. by that time the believers are too invested in the belief, to actually evaluate it..

Be well..
Old 29-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I may have to ask my inner child for the answer to this one Xan.
Good idea. From knowing my little granbaby I see she is entirely present and hasn't yet learned to think in terms of time... past and future.

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
where people imagine great and wondrous 'mindscapes', and by imagining they suppose the mindscapes to be real.. then, they describe their mindscapes to others, and ask the others to believe they are real, too.. and on it goes, until someone realizes "the emperor has no clothes",

All we need do then, Is spread the word that the Emperor is Neckitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Good idea. From knowing my little granbaby I see she is entirely present and hasn't yet learned to think in terms of time... past and future.

Congratulations, I am a Grand Dad too, My Grandchildren have learned a few things from experience, experience gained in their past.
Old 29-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Master
Yep... learning from experience is a good thing. So is keeping awareness in the present so we may regain the vital sense of presence kids still have.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Maybe you *should* go apologize to the ground while your at it and then you might cover the *whole* spectrum of those against you......>sarcasm
Observations:
That's not sarcasm, that's sarcasm wink, and i have no idea of the definition of that.

But i reiterate, you want me to apologise to those that are against me, those that have done me wrong?