Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-05-2012, 10:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Louisa... The essence of being that we are is beyond self identity and is known in silent awareness beyond the mind.

Through discovering and yielding into this quiet open-space center, gradually and naturally the opposites of light or dark, pain and conflict or harmony and well being, come into balance without thought or effort.

Xan
Who is knowing? Mind is medium of knowing, it is the interface between unknown and known.. the words you post and the concepts they represent are revealed in mind, by mind.. beyond mind is formless potential, which is made known through the mind's awareness, but not apart from it..

Be well..
Old 24-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Master

Xan, I like what you said. Thank you, and I'll try to find that space beyond self identity. To act from that space would perhaps be the answer to life's problems. To live within it as much as possible, while also living in the world, and to return to it through meditation on a regular basis, after excursions into ego and mind that are a part of life. I think I've been there before, as I tried to deeply understand Buddhism for a while some time ago in my life. Now I am so glad to be sensing this again, even if it's fleeting impressions mostly at this time.
Old 24-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Master

TzuJanLi, I think maybe it is so that the mind is what knows nonduality. But there's no other way to go about it. Is nonduality actually real? I don't know, but it feels that way, and that's what works for me.
I am reminded of the song "Moonshadow" by Cat Stevens. If I ever lose myself, lose my mind, I won't have to worry about myself, my problems anymore. I'll be a different person, or a different ego, or maybe I will not even exist. The songs lyrics are along similar lines of thought. If I ever lose my eyes, I won't have to cry no more, etc. lol
Even so, maintaining the ego and it's perceptions and the self and the mind/brain is important. It's the medium for understanding the rest of it. Unless there's a conscious self identity that transcends the mind's self identity. I don't know the answer to that.
Old 24-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Xan, I like what you said. Thank you, and I'll try to find that space beyond self identity. To act from that space would perhaps be the answer to life's problems. To live within it as much as possible, while also living in the world, and to return to it through meditation on a regular basis...

Yes, that's the idea entirely and it's easier than most people think. Meditation is the way to become aware in the open space of being, and the Three Steps practice is a method for that.

Xan

Old 24-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Master
Unless there's a conscious self identity that transcends the ego self identity. I don't know the answer to that.

There is a conscious being without "identity" that lies beyond and within.

Xan

Old 24-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Master

Maybe the definition of mind could be seen different ways. The mind could be seen to be concepts and thoughts, or just consciousness, which includes alpha level consciousness, and the other levels of consciousness. Mind could also be seen to mean ego and mental constructions, not necessarily the brain and consciousness itself.
Old 24-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Master

I think maybe that's true, though I am not quite convinced that I've experienced it firsthand. It seems that people can have a kind of will and personality that can live on even if their mind/brain is destroyed.
Old 24-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, that's the idea entirely and it's easier than most people think. Meditation is the way to become aware in the open space of being, and the Three Steps practice is a method for that.

It's good to know that it's easier than most think, because I think I've been making it too complicated. I don't know why, I just keep thinking there must be all kinds of methods and practices I need to do to really "get it."
Old 24-05-2012, 04:28 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan
And, we/us/Life are that being.. it is revealed when the mind is still and quiet..

Be well..
Old 24-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Maybe the definition of mind could be seen different ways. The mind could be seen to be concepts and thoughts, or just consciousness, which includes alpha level consciousness, and the other levels of consciousness. Mind could also be seen to mean ego and mental constructions, not necessarily the brain and consciousness itself.

Mind is a function of consciousness, which has many aspects and dimensions. Mind has content - memories, concepts, emotional patterns and so on. Consciousness itself is empty and open.

You can see this for yourself. First notice whatever you are aware of right now. Then notice That you are quietly aware.

Xan