Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Andromeda

Where does the Twin Soul theorem come from?

Greetings to everyone here, I’ve been reading with interest all the recent posts and have just joined the forum so apologies if what I’m about to say has already been covered.

Like most of you here, I’ve encountered someone with whom I’ve experienced an incredibly intense connection that defies logic or anything I’ve experienced with anyone else before. And, like most of you here I’ve tried to find out what this connection is and have learnt about the twin soul concept. There’s a lot of stuff on the internet about this, some of it seems completely with the faeries and fanciful and some of it makes some intelligible sense. But most of it seems to state basically the same doctrine, the key points being that twin souls were once the same cell that split in two eons ago, that it is a spiritual relationship, that everyone has one and only one twin soul, that separation is necessary for individual growth before reunion can take place, and that the relationship is eternal through time. My question is this: Where does this theorem come from, who created it in the first place, and why should we believe it? Anyone?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:38 AM
79810PM

One theory is, Adam & Eve (book of genesis in the bible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
Greetings to everyone here, I’ve been reading with interest all the recent posts and have just joined the forum so apologies if what I’m about to say has already been covered.

Like most of you here, I’ve encountered someone with whom I’ve experienced an incredibly intense connection that defies logic or anything I’ve experienced with anyone else before. And, like most of you here I’ve tried to find out what this connection is and have learnt about the twin soul concept. There’s a lot of stuff on the internet about this, some of it seems completely with the faeries and fanciful and some of it makes some intelligible sense. But most of it seems to state basically the same doctrine, the key points being that twin souls were once the same cell that split in two eons ago, that it is a spiritual relationship, that everyone has one and only one twin soul, that separation is necessary for individual growth before reunion can take place, and that the relationship is eternal through time. My question is this: Where does this theorem come from, who created it in the first place, and why should we believe it? Anyone?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79810PM
One theory is, Adam & Eve (book of genesis in the bible).

Yup, that's the Christian theory. Anything else?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Docha

There are ancient theories of the same concept that date back before christianity. The label is just new.

Celts called it anan cara ...though rare it was recognized.

Native Americans have legends and myths about such things.

I'm sure african and aboriginals do as well.

It probably logically stems from the observation of animals that mate for life.

Though how it works varies, the idea is as old as time itself really.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
Yup, that's the Christian theory. Anything else?

Any reason why you can't do your own research? Not to be rude, but obviously your fingers work just fine and you have a certain amount of internet skills to have found this forum.

Even if you don't trust online sources, do you not trust your internal knowing?

I am just curious and perplexed why you are asking this question. If you were determined to find the answer, you would have found it already. And maybe here you'd ask "finer points" but c'mon...

Or am I just tired and being too impatient?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Seeker

There is some basis supporting the twin soul/soulmate thing in Greek mythology as well as some theories in the Hindu faith....hope this helps :)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Andromeda

Thanks Docha and UL, on my quest to understand this phenomenon it does help to get viewpoints from others who may have discovered material I haven’t discovered as yet myself.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 AM
mattie

TF

Suzan Carroll's multidimensions.com describes TF as a fifth dimensional portion of our energy field. Carroll also calls TF our “Divine Complement”.

“Our Divine Complement, or Twin Flame, is the portion of our androgynous self that stays in the fifth dimension to serve as inspiration and guidance to its lower dimensional bodies. Since our Divine Complement has our exact same essence, it is our easiest portal into the fifth dimension. Even though our manifest body is one sex, we are constantly linked to our opposite polarity who is unmanifest in our fifth dimensional androgynous body. It is this link that urges us to seek the unity of true love.”

http://www.multidimensions.com/Super...er_divine.html
Old 15-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Knower
I am also new here and am having a similar experience. I too am attempting to understand what it is and gleaning information from various sources on the internet.

I started to research the idea of feeling you know a person, when you couldn't possibly know anything about them. This led me to the twin soul theory, which is a new concept to me. I have read many descriptions of the feelings that people have for the person whom they describe as their 'twin'. A lot of the descriptions seem to correlate with my own experience.

I have acquired a folder of information from the net and am in the process of working my way through it. Here are a few links that may be useful to you.

From what I have so far discovered, the concept was mentioned by Plato, in his Symposium some 2,500 years ago.

I have read a lot of information on this website

And here

My encounter is unlike anything that I have ever experienced before. I understand what you mean when you say, ''it defies logic''. It certainly does! I have never met the person with whom I feel the connection. (I will refer to them as FNM - friend not met) This fact alone seems to me to be completely illogical. I am experiencing such intense feelings and emotions for them, stronger, deeper and more intense than I have ever experienced with anyone before. It is not logical to have this depth of feeling for a person that you have not met. As I like to deal in logic, this is an uncomfortable (and yet unbelievably incredible) situation I find myself in

FNM feels the connection too, I believe to the same extent that I do. We both felt that there was 'something', very soon after our initial encounter, something that neither could quite figure out. Over time, we discovered that we share many traits, characteristics, life experiences, perceptions of self, interests, like and dislikes, fears even. All this does make me feel slightly less crazy! But I think that FNM is just as confused about what is happening as I am.

We have talked about the twin soul concept, only in a very general, tentative, even cautious way. Certainly not to the extent of either one of us openly speculating that we might be twins souls, not to one another at least! However, the more information I read about the subject, the more inclined I am to accept the possibility that this is exactly what we are. It transpires that FNM has also been researching the subject, without knowing that I was doing the same.

There are many symptoms and signs referred to in the twin soul information that I have read, that directly reflects the feelings that exist between myself and FNM. I have a great desire to run away from this connection, which, I have read from various sources, is a fairly common feeling in these circumstances. This is an extremely confusing situation and I feel lost in the fog. But the thought of not having contact with FNM, that thought is unbearable to me

I have read some conflicting information about the concept, but I guess that is quite understandable. Some say that twin souls cannot be the same gender, others disagree, some believe that the individuals have to meet in order to know if they are twins, some feel that for twin souls to get together they must be living in their final incarnation on earth, others say not.

As you have mentioned, it is useful to get the viewpoints of others, who may have discovered information that you have not. I guess that is why I am here too, to get the views of others who have discovered different information and those who have had a similar experience. This is something that I feel unable to talk to anyone about. I am not aware that any of my friends have experience of the twin soul phenomenon and I would feel uncomfortable broaching the subject with any of them.

I cannot say with any certainty that the connection that exists between my friend and I is a case of twin souls, I tend to err on the side of caution on most things. But being able to read other folks experiences here is both interesting and illuminating.

*** I am unable to add url links as I have not made sufficient posts. If you would like the links, I can send them in a pm***
Old 15-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Master
The concept itself is hard to trace to any specific source of information. I even have some material about it at my web site.

Quote:
The human being is an entity for want of a better word like soul. There is an entity creation process that goes something like this. When a collective group of entities wishes to create another entity, they invest part of them selves into another energy grouping. This newly created entity can be called an over soul. The over soul will split itself into three unique reflections of itself with some energetic distinctions made for its body, mind, and spirit attributes. Each of these three split again into two groups with attribute distinctions made for the As Above, So Below energies. The over soul now has six unique reflections of itself. One last split takes place to create twelve unique reflections of its energetic signature with slight alterations in the masculine and feminine attributes.
The memory of each entity and all it has been is called its soul. Every human being is an entity with an energy signature for its unique expression. Its soul has a remembrance of where it evolved from back to the over soul and back to the collective body of entities that created it. One focus for practicing telepathy will involve connecting with the twin soul. Each of us has a twin energetic expression that is most aligned with our expression or unique energy signature.

I should add that this remembrance goes back to source itself. Each soul has always existed from the dawn of time itself.

I have channeled some of that material myself. However I do not recall were the original concept came from.

I hope these insights are helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/