Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 PM
kundalini

Green Tea

I have recently stopped drinking normal tea and have begun to drink green tea in similar quantities and I was pleased to note on a health food site that I came across recently, that green tea has more health benefits than I had previously thought.

One of the most surprising benefits is that although green tea does contain caffeine ( only half that of coffee though ), it actually contains a chemical which promotes alpha brain waves. These alpha brain waves are the waves that our brain transmits when in deep meditation, so it could be said that green tea promotes deep relaxation and could actually allow you to be more calmer in daily life. Does anyone else drink green tea and what are your thoughts on this beverage?

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account
k i once decided to be more 'healthy' and bought some green tea, it was shocking, and i really don't think you're supposed to drink it with loads of sugar either, but i had to do that to kill the taste, i really didn't like it, i do like those flavoured teas though. now you've told me all of that i'm sorely tempted to try again though, have you noticed a difference???
Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Lapis

I too drink green tea and enjoy the feeling of calm it always gives me. I just bought some really great green tea with jasmin that smells wonderful.

I hadn't heard about this possibly being due to some chemical in it that activates alpha brain waves however. Great news. I'd always just thought that much of what I was feeling was due to the heat or inner warmth it caused. From what little I've heard, green tea supposedly has many great qualities in it.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 AM
kundalini

Hi daisy, I don't take sugar with my tea. As for the taste, I did not like it at first but as I drunk more of it, I began to enjoy the taste. I have not had many other flavoured teas so I don't know about the difference in flavours.

Hi Lapis, it's interesting but as green tea does contain a chemical that promotes alpha waves, do you think it could actually be assumed that drinking such tea could actually enhance psychical abilities, even if to a small degree?

Kundalini.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Deactivated Account
that's exactly why i'm going to try againxx
Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
that's exactly why i'm going to try againxx

Well, perhaps it's an acquired taste!

Kundalini.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 AM
rose

i used to loathe the taste but now i find it refreshing. i drink it whenever i feel ill. it at least helps psychologically as i think of it mopping up those free radicals the toxins caused.

it is a powerful anti oxident too and i've heard it helps with weight loss.

that's very interesting about the alpha brain waves kundalini. thanks for that.

daisy...try a flavoured green tea to get used to the harsh flavour. lapis...i like the jasmine flavoured on also i tried a really nice one the other day with raspberry in it. mmmmm.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi daisy, I don't take sugar with my tea. As for the taste, I did not like it at first but as I drunk more of it, I began to enjoy the taste. I have not had many other flavoured teas so I don't know about the difference in flavours.

Kundalini.

Hi Kundalini,

You gave Daisy such a matter of fact answer I had to laugh out loud. It still cheers me up now, several days after I first read it. Thankyou that really tickled my sense of humour.
Kundalini; you're a one!

Cheers, Honza.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
kundalini

LOL, yes, glad it cheers you up!

Kundalini.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Enlightener

Harmonious Keyboard man

I like green tea ice cream, hee hee.

En light ener
Closed Thread