Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 14-07-2018, 03:14 AM
Master
Gender theory simply explained

The first thing to understand is the difference between sex and gender. Sex is biological whereas gender is psychological. Sex is where the male cell fertilises the female egg. In flowers, a single flower can have both male and female parts, so the plant as a whole is not male or female. Other plants have sex, though, like the paw paw tree can be male or female. So, sex is male and female. If you produce sperm you are male and if you produce eggs you are female. This is how sex is defined across all species (which is not to say all species have males and females).

Gender is only very loosely related to sex. For example, I am a male, but as a man, exactly what phychological aspects form this 'man' personality? I am not the same person as any other man, and I'm not even 'typically masculine'. I don't like watching sports, tinkering, fixing stuff, and besides, who says that's what 'blokes' do?

The last confounding issue is social construction, and humans are unique as a species in construction complex social symbols, language, iconography, and social roles that uphold culture. The social issue of gender identity occurs when we see that just about everyone is either a male or a female, and assume that means there are only two genders, when indeed every male is their own kind of man and every female is their own kind of woman.

For example, I am not the same kind of man as I was when I was 14 yo, but I was male then just as I am now. I'm a totally different man personality than I was then while remaining the same sex, so even within myself gender is not a fixture, but rather, an aspect of my changing personality. Sex is a fixture, though, as per its biological definition.
Old 15-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Primarily

Gender is patterns related to culture{ family and other } conditioning.

Sex with humans is diffferrentiad primarily by RNA-DNA womb/uterus activation.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Master
I love this thread because it is a topic that many people are unfamiliar with and some would often get gender and sexual biology mixed up together. The sex of a person is determined by their biology whereas gender is a psychological and cultural identification (or lack thereof) that may or may not be related to sexual biology.

I will use myself as an example: I am biologically male. However, I do not go around identifying with the "male" gender. This means, yes I recognize that my body is male, but I do not have an ego identification and the manifestation of what it is to be a man culturally and psychologically. I also am not transgender because I do not psychologically and culturally identify with the "female" gender either. The terminology people use for people like me is called non-binary gender. And more specifically as it relates to myself, it could also be referred to as being a-gender (non-gender). Of course, this doesn't mean that I deny my biological sex, it simply means that I am not confined by social, psychological, and cultural conditioning of identifying with any particular binary gender that the general society recognizes.

P.S. I wonder, are there any other non-binary gender people here on this forum? I often find that many Spiritual people that I meet tend to not have binary identifications in relation to gender or rather have no identifications at all.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 21-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Master
Yes, so we often hear people insist that there are only 2 genders when they actually mean there are only two sexes, and hence, when walking around we can easily distinguish between males and females and we also imagine them as gendered according to cultural paradigms.

Th drive to sustain the species is sexual, and there is that 'biological imperative' - which is a very strange thing, because no individual needs to have sex to survive, but the species as a whole does.

AND, humans have culture. A system of norms that regulate behaviour so that everyone knows how to act. However, culture is like sexual behaviour in that it has to be re-created and perpetuated into the following generation, and as such, it has to be done sexually, so we attach the gender symbols to biological sex and organise cultural reproduction by culturally organising the sexes into the dual gender symbols 'man' and 'woman'.

If you see Genesis in the old testament, God created Man from dirt and took from him a rib to make Woman. In Greek mythology, Cronus cut off Uranus's genitals and threw them into the sea, from which the first human woman, Aphrodite came (squze the pun). This is how Man is symbolised as being 'first' and Woman being 'part of Man', and just as the twin flamers say, the parts need re-unite to make whole. Therefore we organise the sexes male and female while also conflating Man and Woman gender paradigms to socially organise normalised roles that ensure the recreation of culture through institutions of marriage. You know the first thing anyone says about you is 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl'. This is the first sentence of your life story, and that is where your gender story begins.
Old 21-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Knower

But with the new gender revolution, people don't want sexual reassignment but identify as the opposite to the sex they were born with, or to no sex. Are you saying that if we just allowed people to be who they are without ever having forced blue and pink, etc., into the equation, we would not be experiencing the strong pushback against these labels?
Old 21-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Adam and Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In Greek mythology, Cronus cut off Uranus's genitals and threw them into the sea, from which the first human woman, Aphrodite came (squze the pun).

In Fullers sea-people version, Adam takes one of his ribs to build the ribbed-and-keeled ship Eve, that he then sails around the Earth --in womb/belly of ribbed-and-keeled ship--- that is round as an apple.

Sea-people humans saw dead whale bones on beaches and knowing that whales can float, they took note of the huge rib and backbone{ keel } bone structure of whale.

Ive made clear in previous post of the differrence between;

sex > Xx- Xy and,

gender > in regards to humans.

Fungi can have hundreds if not thousands of sexes.

Adam and Eve had intestinal but did they have navel{ belly button }?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 21-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Master
Actually, there are three sexes; male, female, and hermaphrodite or “intersex.” It is estimated that about 1 in every 1,500 to 2,000 babies that are born have some sort of hermaphrodite variation, and some won’t show that variation until later in life.

Back in the 1980’s, while working in a hospital in Colorado, I witnessed a baby born with both a virginal canal and a distinct penis separate from the vagina. The medical staff in charge moved quickly to determine the baby’s dominant hormone, and they did a full hysterectomy on the baby and sewed up its’ vagina. Because they had determined, from their tests, that the baby was a male.

What made it even worst is that all of this was done without the parent’s consent, just like male babies routinely received circumcisions back then without their parents consent. I don’t know what the practice in the U.S. is today. It many countries, especially in Asia, hermaphrodites retain both their male and female genitals, but usually they are born sterile and can not bare children. There are lots of variations of hermaphrodite.

It would not surprise me if some transsexuals had their genitalia altered at birth. Americans are just now struggling to come out of the dark ages on sex, as well as other nations around the world, who outlaw homosexuality and would not even consider transsexual assignments, their views are even stricter than some have here in the U.S.
Old 21-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Master

We have to be careful not to force our theories into our beliefs' mods.

At soul level we're androgynous.

The earthly duality has its reasons. Sex duality is tied to procreation.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Sex = Biodiversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
.The earthly duality has its reasons.

Yeah it is called bio-diversity.

Some species of geckos are only female and the reproduce clones of themselves ergo no sex and no biodiversity within that species.

They run a greater risk of one kind of detrimental wiping out their whole species because they are all identical.

With sex ergo biodiversity less chance of any one kind of organism taking out biological species.

Old 23-07-2018, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Actually, there are three sexes; male, female, and hermaphrodite or “intersex.” It is estimated that about 1 in every 1,500 to 2,000 babies that are born have some sort of hermaphrodite variation, and some won’t show that variation until later in life.

Back in the 1980’s, while working in a hospital in Colorado, I witnessed a baby born with both a virginal canal and a distinct penis separate from the vagina. The medical staff in charge moved quickly to determine the baby’s dominant hormone, and they did a full hysterectomy on the baby and sewed up its’ vagina. Because they had determined, from their tests, that the baby was a male.

The intersex issue seems to be a sex issue, but it is really a gender issue. Just to clarify, sex is the biological condition and gender is the paradigm about sex. When an intersex baby is born, that infant does not fit the dual gender story, so the first line in the narrative, 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl', doesn't apply or becomes ambiguous. The institutional form of a birth certificate becomes meaningless as we cannot fill in the Male/Female boxes, nor further organise sex for the sake of cultural reproduction. Most intersex babies have no harmful health condition, so the operations they are subjected to are not performed for health reasons. They are performed for social reasons - to make the body conform with the gender paradigm.

Quote:
What made it even worst is that all of this was done without the parent’s consent, just like male babies routinely received circumcisions back then without their parents consent. I don’t know what the practice in the U.S. is today. It many countries, especially in Asia, hermaphrodites retain both their male and female genitals, but usually they are born sterile and can not bare children. There are lots of variations of hermaphrodite.

It would not surprise me if some transsexuals had their genitalia altered at birth. Americans are just now struggling to come out of the dark ages on sex, as well as other nations around the world, who outlaw homosexuality and would not even consider transsexual assignments, their views are even stricter than some have here in the U.S.

I theorise if we were not hell bent on the gender paradigm and people who are male, female or intersex were not brutally forced to conform in order to make that paradigm seem valid, then individuals would be more enabled to self-expression through the body they were born with, and be less inclined to undergo surgery in order to fit a socially determined box.

Last edited by Gem : 23-07-2018 at 02:49 AM.