Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Hmm let's think on that.
How again should right thought be applied?
They come, they stay, they pass.

Somewhere in there comes an action. In previous cases they action of typing words on a public forum. And pressing a submit reply button.

If my actions cause 1 person to see through mis matched words that would be right in my view. Does that way against the perception of wrong speech?

I'm inclined to say it is.
Drunks and crazy folk speak the truth they say.
So....

With Love
Eelco

Oh just speak with a siver tongue then
Old 09-06-2018, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Blessed are the cracked.. It's where the light get's in.

So true, ..... In my understanding anyway, forgot that bit.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, it's not inherently bad, it's just the down side of the up side, but remains true of loving relationships which ever way you describe it.

True in your understanding, but not true for all.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Suspended

I've made people mad in life. Lot's of times I decide not to post something I've written because I know it will make somebody mad. We know Jesus made a lot of people mad. Even Buddha made people mad.

Devadatta was a Buddhist monk and was a cousin as well as brother-in-law of Gautama Buddha and was the brother of Ananda , one of the close disciples of Buddha . According to Pali Tipitaka , Devadatta was the greatest enemy of Lord Buddha and was believed to split the Sangha by persuading about 500 Buddhist monks to follow him.

Devadatta was the son of Shakya King Suppabuddha and Queen Pamita and brother of Yasodhara (wife of Buddha ). He entered the order of Sangha at the same time as Ananda and other Shakya princes. Devadatta did not like Gautama Buddha and even tried to kill him.

All you have to do to make somebody mad is say they are wrong about something. Just disagree with them. To make somebody like you, agree with everything they say. Or you can be clever and say they are wrong in such a way they don't notice or they think you agreed with them.

Strawberries are best.
No they are not!

Strawberries are best.
You are right once again!

Strawberries are best.
Wonderful! Berries!

I read somewhere once that the only reason somebody can get mad at you is if they want something from you that you don't give them. Like they have expectations on how you should act or what you should do or say. Seems to be true. Anytime somebody gets mad at me, I can name a few things they wanted from me that I did not give them. Sometimes, a person will get mad at me because of what they think I didn't give them....which is pretty amazing because I don't actually have to deny them something to cause anger they just have to imagine, even falsely, I didn't give them what they wanted.

The reverse is true too, if you expect nothing from somebody else, have zero expectations of what they should do or say, if you want nothing from them, you can't get mad at them. It's only when you want somebody to be something different from what they are, or do something different from what they did, that you get mad at them.

That may be in the eight-fold path somewhere - Have no Expectations.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I've made people mad in life. Lot's of times I decide not to post something I've written because I know it will make somebody mad. We know Jesus made a lot of people mad. Even Buddha made people mad.

Devadatta was a Buddhist monk and was a cousin as well as brother-in-law of Gautama Buddha and was the brother of Ananda , one of the close disciples of Buddha . According to Pali Tipitaka , Devadatta was the greatest enemy of Lord Buddha and was believed to split the Sangha by persuading about 500 Buddhist monks to follow him.

Devadatta was the son of Shakya King Suppabuddha and Queen Pamita and brother of Yasodhara (wife of Buddha ). He entered the order of Sangha at the same time as Ananda and other Shakya princes. Devadatta did not like Gautama Buddha and even tried to kill him.

All you have to do to make somebody mad is say they are wrong about something. Just disagree with them. To make somebody like you, agree with everything they say. Or you can be clever and say they are wrong in such a way they don't notice or they think you agreed with them.

Strawberries are best.
No they are not!

Strawberries are best.
You are right once again!

Strawberries are best.
Wonderful! Berries!

I read somewhere once that the only reason somebody can get mad at you is if they want something from you that you don't give them. Like they have expectations on how you should act or what you should do or say. Seems to be true. Anytime somebody gets mad at me, I can name a few things they wanted from me that I did not give them. Sometimes, a person will get mad at me because of what they think I didn't give them....which is pretty amazing because I don't actually have to deny them something to cause anger they just have to imagine, even falsely, I didn't give them what they wanted.

The reverse is true too, if you expect nothing from somebody else, have zero expectations of what they should do or say, if you want nothing from them, you can't get mad at them. It's only when you want somebody to be something different from what they are, or do something different from what they did, that you get mad at them.

That may be in the eight-fold path somewhere - Have no Expectations.

Now I am going to get mad, really mad at you Rain for posting some good points

Expectations are a good friend of attachments, they work very well together.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Oh just speak with a siver tongue then

Had to look up that one.
Did you mean silver tongued?

If that means what the Urban dictionary makes of it. I am doubtful, but as my mistress commands it I'll give it a try.

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Kind of abrupt ending there.

Not sure what the ending has to do with the post.

States clearly one is can move beyond the attachments you promote as normal.

You just don’t believe it?
Old 09-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Had to look up that one.
Did you mean silver tongued?

If that means what the Urban dictionary makes of it. I am doubtful, but as my mistress commands it I'll give it a try.

With Love
Eelco

Someone who is so witty and clever, that he/she does not realize how witty and clever he/she is. Everything that comes out of this person's mouth is gold, hence the silver in the name, which derives from quicksilver.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Someone who is so witty and clever, that he/she does not realize how witty and clever he/she is. Everything that comes out of this person's mouth is gold, hence the silver in the name, which derives from quicksilver.

I like that better over the urban dictionaries meaning.
Although harder to attain..

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Not sure what the ending has to do with the post.

States clearly one is can move beyond the attachments you promote as normal.

You just don’t believe it?

' You just don’t believe it? '

It's hard to believe something you haven't experienced before but you won't ever know until you try, and even then it can take many tries to get it right...