Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 18-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Suspended
This century is similar to the others humanity has had, same system just set up bigger and differently, humanity has been in this system for a while now...

Old 10-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
This century is similar to the others humanity has had, same system just set up bigger and differently, humanity has been in this system for a while now...

Yes, because mankind had movies, TV, computers, internet access, social media, video games, and smartphones, centuries ago. It was the aliens who gave us their technology in 1947 that actually lead to all of that stuff.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Ankhesenamun

I also absolutely hate this century. I hate everything about it - the abusive and hate-filled people everywhere, the modern technology, the extreme surveillance and lack of privacy. The destruction of normal life, ie normal family life is virtually illegal by now, instead divorce, split ups, numerous partners etc is being pushed already at the kids at school, certainly at adults. The fake "medicines" nowadays that cure nothing but cause a lot of damage. The fake pseudo science that is psychiatry and pushes antidepressants on everybody. The fake news everywhere, the extreme corruption everywhere. But most of all the high level of hatred and abuse everywhere.

People have changed for the worse, most people are despicable now and us who still believe in helping others, being there for others, being fair etc, we are seen as the odd ones out and the "weirdos". I've lost count how many times I've been asked "what you don't want to marry some rich guy for money? What's wrong with you, are you mentally ill?" What sort of a question is that!!!

There are no real jobs around any more because everything gets made by machines, and computers do the rest. People therefore go into nonsensical non-jobs and stick their nose into other people's business and mess people's lives up.

I also hate it that it's impossible to find friends because people are fake nowadays, it's impossible to find a partner because everybody is just having it off with anything that moves - and that gets promoted by the government as "ideal". Nobody talks to anyone any more, people don't meet up any more or go to places to make new friends because everybody is now glued to their phone and too busy posting pictures of themselves or their dinner on facebook.

I just hate everything about this century! The world was reasonably normal until the 1980's but after that it went downhill.

I miss my previous life in Ancient Egypt, but even if I had been born just over a century ago, in Victorian times, things would have been better. But nowadays - I don't belong here, I don't want to belong here, I hate everything that's "modern", I even hate the strange clothes that people wear now, I hate the modern way of thinking (which is nothing but "me me me"), and if time travel was possible I would be back in the past in a flash.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Master
it tims im still stuk in 11980ss i a m coz iv notedd s um of dayss yongstrss dnt show resppppctt 2 elderss thy dnt

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-07-2018, 08:34 AM
Guide

I’d like to politely comment on your lack of knowledge here, Nature Grows.

Humanity is like the time of Egyptians and Monarchs? Did you forget that more countries now are not trapped into some kind of forced reign from royalty now, but are mostly in some kind of democracy? At the very least, that should be recognized.

I’m not saying there’s nothing wrong with humanity — I agree that there is a lot of terrible suffering out there — just saying it seems better than before. In the early days of the internet, it was considered revolutionary for ordinary individuals to be able to speak their own opinions and ideas rather than rich companies or celebrities. This also extends to when the radio, microphone and TV was invented — which allowed the common people to hear essential events, instead of only specific people who are nearby witnesses to it.

I also recall a documentary about the journalism giants, Hearst and Pulitzer, who revolutionized the way newspapers were done. Before newspapers only showed the latest gossip. Now present news are more likely to focus on world issues and problems that can affect all of us.

It seems like such an oversimplification to say that just because there’s hierarchy, the world is absolutely the same as the past. Slavery has been abolished at the very least in most countries, and soldiers no longer reach the same amount of status in many places — at least compared to succesful merchants or businesspeople as we call them today., Yes, many are greedy with money, but at least it’s a step up from a world is more likely to kill people in war.

Have you also forgotten that common people often influence those in power — as explained in Hegel’s philosophy of the master and the slave? Such as the demands in the market from ordinary people affect what the rich create in products and services. That, or politicians having to adapt to what the country’s citizens ask for to be voted in an election? This all affects how restaurants choose their menus, movies discuss about issues, authors allowing new stories and instructions, artists adapting to people’s tastes, and so much more.

Besides, there is nothing inherently wrong with hierarchy — only if it gets abused and power is given to someone who does not deserve it. Whether you like it or not, after hearing out everyone’s ideas, some kind of decision has to be made somehow. Non profit companies aren’t going to be able to help so many people if they listen to everyone’s opinions out of their kind heart without making an actual decison on whose opinion is best to actually take practical action.

That is not openmindedness. That’s damaging indecisiveness.

Thank you kindly for listening. Feel free to disagree. I’m not mad at you.

Last edited by SerendipityLizard : 02-07-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I also absolutely hate this century. I hate everything about it - the abusive and hate-filled people everywhere, the modern technology, the extreme surveillance and lack of privacy. The destruction of normal life, ie normal family life is virtually illegal by now, instead divorce, split ups, numerous partners etc is being pushed already at the kids at school, certainly at adults. The fake "medicines" nowadays that cure nothing but cause a lot of damage. The fake pseudo science that is psychiatry and pushes antidepressants on everybody. The fake news everywhere, the extreme corruption everywhere. But most of all the high level of hatred and abuse everywhere.

People have changed for the worse, most people are despicable now and us who still believe in helping others, being there for others, being fair etc, we are seen as the odd ones out and the "weirdos". I've lost count how many times I've been asked "what you don't want to marry some rich guy for money? What's wrong with you, are you mentally ill?" What sort of a question is that!!!

There are no real jobs around any more because everything gets made by machines, and computers do the rest. People therefore go into nonsensical non-jobs and stick their nose into other people's business and mess people's lives up.

I also hate it that it's impossible to find friends because people are fake nowadays, it's impossible to find a partner because everybody is just having it off with anything that moves - and that gets promoted by the government as "ideal". Nobody talks to anyone any more, people don't meet up any more or go to places to make new friends because everybody is now glued to their phone and too busy posting pictures of themselves or their dinner on facebook.

I just hate everything about this century! The world was reasonably normal until the 1980's but after that it went downhill.

I miss my previous life in Ancient Egypt, but even if I had been born just over a century ago, in Victorian times, things would have been better. But nowadays - I don't belong here, I don't want to belong here, I hate everything that's "modern", I even hate the strange clothes that people wear now, I hate the modern way of thinking (which is nothing but "me me me"), and if time travel was possible I would be back in the past in a flash.

I will agree that many people are abusive and cruel, but fake medicine? I’d like to politely say that medical advancements have been improving. There are many flaws today, sure, but back then doctors didn’t even know how lack of hygeine could create disease. They did not even know illness came from tiny viruses and bacteria. The average lifespan has risen from 40 years old to 80.

And what is this about the worry about computers taking all the jobs? Before industrilzation lessened all the farming jobs, and now instead of farming, people can develop specializations in other areas. It’s also a misconception that computers can replace all jobs — actually, it’s much more likely that human beings can work with computers.

Computers can only do repetitive manual tasks or several large equations, and very rule based games like chess or Go at the moment. People still require deep creativity, emotional connection and flexibility of solutions from human beings. Or did you actually research on the field of computers?

Computers mean no real jobs? How about the medical use of equations for computers? What about computers that can analyze mosquitoes’ mating sounds to see if they’re dangerous to human beings? What about apps that allow for practical use like for exercise, schoolwork, relationships, finding a job, and many others? As someone who wants to be a software developer, this sounds like a very unfair stereotyping of these people — it’s a type of discrimination to view people who are very passionate about a different field from yours — I thought you hatd abuse. Why are you doing the same?

I agree that more people should meet in real life to connect deeply, but then are you discounting that all online relationships are superficial and fake? The benefits of the internet is that you can connect with people that are hard to find in real life — say people with similar rare diseases, obscure hobbies, and new beliefs. Does it sound entirely useless to you that people actually get to interact worldwide to understand the wider society instead of being cooped up where they live?

Our advancements are not fundamentally negative. These are tools, and the actions on how we use them are the ones that are negative.

I’ve seen through many past lifetimes where I worked in some kind of machinery and technology, and boy are people overly cynical about every piece of new tech that came by. I know Socrates hated the ideas that books existed, and said it stops us from training our minds to learn.

It is not entirely bad. It is not entirely good. To think of it so negatively is unrealistic.

Thank you for listening, and I’d like to say I’m not angry at you. Feel free to discuss back if you disagree.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:49 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
Yes, because mankind had movies, TV, computers, internet access, social media, video games, and smartphones, centuries ago. It was the aliens who gave us their technology in 1947 that actually lead to all of that stuff.

I agree that there are advanced technologies and many other breakthroughs which were shared and being supressed by our government. But most of what you state are actually what I feel are our own advancements.

What was shared with our governments were by far beyond the things you mention in your post. Things that would level the playing field for human kind and end enslavement. No more upper, middle and lower classes. Corporations, Big Pharma, and Media outlets would no longer have any hold over human kind should these things become known by all or released. They would cease to exist.
So, I feel the technologies shared with our people go well beyond what you mention as sharing "that stuff". Those things are minute by comparisom to what is being withheld, and more likely our own developments. The ET's that wished to help us achieve a higher level of conciousness on our planet shared things that were far greater than Xbox, Sony, I phones etc....You are welcome to disagree with my thoughts on this but this is what strongly resonates with me. And I only speak out because you stated you believe in other enlightened beings, ET's, or Aliens as you call them.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Administrator
All i can say about this is i am glad this is my final life time i will not be back

Namaste
Old 04-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
All i can say about this is i am glad this is my final life time i will not be back

Namaste

Is there a way you realize it is your final time? I would love to know this answer too for myself because I know for a fact I am an old soul and I too do not wish to return. I am hoping all my lessons are done after this lifetime.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I really can take this century, anymore! I think I was better off, if I was born in 1948, instead of 1988. Theoretically, it would be 1977 right now; if I was born in '48. The internet and social media are destroying mankind as we know it. It's like the world just keeps getting worse and worse.
Have you watched Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris"? Look up the scene from ~ 1:40:30 ! In each period people were nostalgic about a previous period. One's golden age is another's dull present.