Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Considering that I am a spiritual master and I enjoy inter-webs communicating. Yes? lol.

I feel like modern masters totally enjoy the internet. Especially those in the West.

I mean the entire point of life is to enjoy it right. Why rob ones-self of a modern pleasure as great as the inter web?
Yes, if 2000 years ago were today, Jesus would be on Facebook and Buddha on Twitter. No, that's not where they would be hanging out lol.

The internet is for people who are still at the ego stage where their thoughts, ideas and beliefs need to be expressed outwardly, in order to show others how much they know, or how understanding and sensitive they are. It's an ego-expression platform, plain and simple. And yes, that sort of ego activity is lower self expression. The need to be seen as _______ (fill in the blank).

Spiritual initiate? Sure, maybe. Spiritual master? None of us. Not even close. We would be hovering about in the etheric and astral planes, communicating and working with the hierarchies, and healing the planet, if we were masters. What in the mundane world would be the need for the logging onto the internet to chat and opinionate, when at that level of mastery?
Old 26-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
A master indicates mastery of "said discipline". Nothing more, nothing less.
That may be your description. Mine is different. Jesus was a master. Buddha was a master. Self-realized humans who united fully with Cosmic Consciousness, and achieved mastery over their very soul life and karmic destiny. The knowledge of life and death, and mastery of the Wheel of Incarnation.

Mastering Yoga and giving Yoga tips on the internet is not my idea of a spiritual master. That would be a master Yoga teacher. No doubt a lot of talented, wise and spiritually-knowledgeable people here and elsewhere on the net. That's not what I'm speaking of though.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That may be your description. Mine is different. Jesus was a master. Buddha was a master. Self-realized humans who united fully with Cosmic Consciousness, and achieved mastery over their very soul life and karmic destiny. The knowledge of life and death, and mastery of the Wheel of Incarnation.

Mastering Yoga and giving Yoga tips on the internet is not my idea of a spiritual master. That would be a master Yoga teacher. No doubt a lot of talented, wise and spiritually-knowledgeable people here and elsewhere on the net. That's not what I'm speaking of though.

Your just trying to be difficult on others who do become spiritual masters through the means of using the internet, i mean in all reality after 5000 something post one would have imagined u making some sort of connection over the net through it, else u might even come to say that instant coffee isnt coffee at all. Its an instant fix at times, but do u ever use the phone?... Hey everything is gonna be alright... ever conveyed a message that way... as as it the net can be used to convey as well as cultivate oneself,.. all just a matter of personal view and usage to one,.. so if you dont think its possible.. thats cuz u never experience it old timer.... dont mean it doesnt happen and people grow through the net..... its the age of knowledge because of it,.. better recognize or else u be left alone regard behind... dont be hating and difficult on those who do exceed.. let ego bound be gone. perhaps ull become a master in real life eventually... real life... reality... internet..... part of it.... at least in my reality and life.. is it the only means?.. no... old fashion always works to.. but let this be ur opinion without bias .. else ull hurt yourself and disregard others who might conceptualize it properly .. anyways... didnt get to post the original post intended to be posted... so this should do.. so i hope... pros and cons to all things... make ur pick
Old 26-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwutzi
Your just trying to be difficult on others who do become spiritual masters through the means of using the internet
Not at all. I'm stating that Jesus and Buddha -- my definition of a religious master -- would not be using the internet if they were around today. That's my opinion. Now if you want to be difficult on me and make this personal, and take offense, go ahead. But that's a whole different topic of discussion.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwutzi
thats cuz u never experience it old timer
Oh my good gracious, I missed this first time through, ha! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you everything the internet is all about: Trump tweeting about Rosie O'Donnell-type insults.

EDIT: Gwutzi, I just noticed you've been doing that a lot in your posts. In one post you called naturesflow's (of all posters) comments "nonsense" four times, and added a "mommy and daddy" comment that was meant to mock her. My observation above, applies double here.
Old 26-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Pathfinder

she enjoyed it, me nad natureflow go way back.. :) lol
Old 26-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Pathfinder

anyways... u sure Jesus and buddha wouldnt use the net?... u think they be walking around still in society where non be walking around.. id be not so sure... they adapted to there times and changes.. so i reckon they would have in this day an age as well... got to adapt ... the hippies did so too... but really depends on destination... ohh there was no offence taken by me lol.... i just thought it was fun, or funny
Old 26-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Ascender

the internet plays a vital role in our future; it is the manifestation of the subtle realms into physical reality, so a lot of work is to be done here, and not in the ways you expect-- the internet is not separate from anything else, and will help us make sense of what is occurring now that is not plainly in view, and obscured by our preconceived notions of what things are--

---------------

That being said, in order for the planet to go through a change; everyone on this planet must be to a certain degree initiated; because our chakra's are not separate from the planets, and the planets chakra's are not seperate from the universes-- This really is a collective work, and thus for things to go well and allow for change; everyone must be to a certain degree enlightened; but of course many people have the pinnacle approach; But every pinnacle is just an initiation to a greater degree to be explored and reconciled-- Even our known masters our mere shadows of what is ahead, and yet they are with us and they are progressed further than when we heard their "highest" teaching--
Do not listen to me if you do not wish to be hypnotized into a misleading worldview and become enslaved by alien godz (some might say hindu)-- By reading my posts, you fully consent to initiation into this cult, which may or may not occur--

Stay off the garden path--
Old 26-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

And how does that differ to my description, Baile?

Mastery of "said discipline" - in this case genuine spirituality.

Jesus and Buddha remain epitomes of Mastery.

For most of us, with examples and insights here and there, are travellers on that road. The road is infinite but the Masters are well inclined towards Mastery.

As to Yoga, Tai-Chi, Dao, individuals who have mastered the inner and the outer of those practices, likewise are Masters. Do you dispute the amount of inner knowledge and existential spirituality in genuine Yoga, Tai-Chi, Daoist practices too?

Your perception that there could be no Masters on an internet site is far too old-fashioned for me.

It is often a portrayal of where one believes one is, that they self-project out that others must not be further, or ideas of what a Master would "definitively do". But how can you speak for Jesus, Buddha, and many of the many Masters that followed, or are following, in their footsteps.

shiningstars
Old 26-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Yes, if 2000 years ago were today, Jesus would be on Facebook and Buddha on Twitter. No, that's not where they would be hanging out lol.

The internet is for people who are still at the ego stage where their thoughts, ideas and beliefs need to be expressed outwardly, in order to show others how much they know, or how understanding and sensitive they are. It's an ego-expression platform, plain and simple. And yes, that sort of ego activity is lower self expression. The need to be seen as _______ (fill in the blank).

Spiritual initiate? Sure, maybe. Spiritual master? None of us. Not even close. We would be hovering about in the etheric and astral planes, communicating and working with the hierarchies, and healing the planet, if we were masters. What in the mundane world would be the need for the logging onto the internet to chat and opinionate, when at that level of mastery?

My experience, for what it's worth -

On each forum, there are a small, very small handful of those inclined or somewhat close to Mastery. Mastery not in the manner of any exalted state, but as in the (genuine) penetration of the depth of insights - comprehensively* - as taught by various spiritual paths: Buddhism, Christianity - mystical, Sufism, Indian Sages like Sri Ramana Maharshi, Yoga, many others.
*A comprehension, intrinsic, and fully penetrated depth of inner gnosis and spiritual knowledge (not intellectual knowledge) ["self-realization"] as taught in the School, which also makes possible the bringing forth of this inner tranformation to the physical manifestation ["manifestation"]- including a consistency of application in the various circumstances and encounters of life ["self-actualization"]
aka. feeling like a Saint when amongst friends and angering/hating on the first person who disagrees is a good hint to oneself that one is yet further from the mark, claiming that one does not exist, or understanding and thereby selectively quoting one sentence in the course of a full spiritual philosophy is another self-evident limitation or "tell-tale" sign example that there is limited practice there.

My opinion of spiritual paths is, regardless of teaching style, system or content, the effects include genuine inner spiritual gnosis which is transcendent to standard intellectual discourse or beliefs, compassion, knowledge of Truth, unity of consciousness - i.e. transcendence in the human form, and therefore, fundamental and essential alignment with the main spiritual teachings of Buddha, Jesus, Sufis, Meister Eckhart, Catherine of Sienna, Bodhidharma, Hui-Neng, Rinzai, Sri Ramana Maharsi, many Indian Sages etc.
The trick, and differentiation, is knowing what is what. It is said in some circles that one has to be one, to see/know one. It is like the analogy of a $5 note on the ground. The individual who may pick it up knows its value from within - and picks it up for this reason. That affinity or identification comes from within.

Which is why, in my opinion, the standard for any seeker/student/aspirant/traveller is always self-practice, self-realization, self-actualization.

Without this, were there not people who spat at Jesus, who would demonize Buddha, who ignore the advice of Hafiz, who tell others that through reading a few sentences or because they "understand" that they too now have the inner gnosis of Saints like Sri Ramana Maharshi, Meister Eckhart or Bodhidharma?

The reason why Masters are not busy floating on clouds or hanging out in heaven is because they have come for a reason. And that reason is to help. And that help is here, amongst people, on the Earth, in their heart/minds - the only place change (genuine inner transformation and spiritual gnosis) can take place.

Perhaps you know better than many of us, Baile, but I for one wouldn't feel free to speak for all and any incarnate of Spiritual Masters.

shiningstars

P.S And fully agreeing with Baile that the majority on forums are not close to Mastery, including those who imagine that they are because they understand a few sentences, they "got it". Hence why the encountering of Genuine Physical Guides or Teachers are valuable.