Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Developing psychic abilities

To those of you who have keen psychic abilities or are clairvoyant, what are some techniques that have helped you advance your abilities?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Knower
Meditation. It quiets your brain so you can hear your mind.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Master
One of the greatest techniques that has helped me develop psychic ability has been practicing on such forums like here at SF that allow practicing readings, and readers. Not being paid for such readings does not bother me much either as my aim is to develop ability.

Practicing a reading, whether it be astrological, energy or auric, tarot, pendulum etc has helped develop psychic ability for me greater than developing it on my own would.

On my own the ability I have comes when it is needed. Though I am certain there are definitely ways to develop on our own as well.

The reason reading here I feel at least has helped greatly is because it has in my own view and feelings on the matter taken much less time to get where I am now, than I feel practicing all by myself on my own may have.

I feel it would have taken me longer on my own.

I feel very much also that happening upon this forum was no accident. I did not realize energy readings in the way I have been practicing doing them was possible at first when I first came here. My astrology readings were what prompted me to look at another way to try reading with clairsentient ability. When I began practicing energy reading I would open myself more to imagery and it was then when I realized that clairvoyance- which I never even thought I had, is possible for me as well.

And so it is that I constantly seek to develop and learn.

I have also learned a lot from the whole experience of working with others here, not only have been able to offer at least kind words and support, but I have learned much from others here as well. What others have suggested to me, has helped a great deal in my own readings, and I have learned how to improve a bit.

I do not feel the learning with such things stops either. Especially with different abilities, I feel there is much still to learn and in a way the learning never really stops.

So the main thing that for me personally has helped me develop ability has been practice, and no I don't feel one absolutely has to have another help them practice to develop ability. I feel there are ways to do this alone as well if one must.

The key for me has been to practice often as I am able. The how of it for me does not matter. Only that I do, and I remain diligent, and dedicated. The rest will work itself out.

And of course patience helps too.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Newbie ;)

I am definitely curious on how users are practicing readings through this forum. It seems challenging without the physical presence of a person.

Also, i have to agree with you that you dont need another person to help you develop your abilities. Most improvement I've made has come on it's own, as if it were waiting for me to be prepared to recieve it.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheshredder
I am definitely curious on how users are practicing readings through this forum. It seems challenging without the physical presence of a person.

Also, i have to agree with you that you dont need another person to help you develop your abilities. Most improvement I've made has come on it's own, as if it were waiting for me to be prepared to recieve it.

With practicing through the forum or on an online platform, For me the physical presence of a person is not needed in regards to psychic ability and reading. I actually would find it very distracting due to how conversation is made in person. A quick example would be being asked about a certain area of life, then I begin to tell of impressions I am getting, mid telling I am interrupted with another and different question- I forget to get back to give the rest of the impressions. I am not a face to face type. And with where I am locally I have not found others with spiritual interests in my place of the world at this time. So if I wanted to give others energy or tarot readings locally, not only would I have much trouble finding interest- I'd also have to do a little word of mouth and advertising type work to get the word out, and I am seriously not that type of person. I love to help people, but am a very shy person in the physical and in person. I could go through my days in my room and the only people who would ask for help would be family- and the help would be of a physical nature. My brother just yesterday asked a favor- Yes of course what is it? Make me a coffee.

See? I do not know where I would begin offering readings locally and quite possibly feel comfortable with doing them out of my own home. I'm not a "Hi I just met you!!! Here is my home address"!! Type of individual.

Online is easier for me. I have found as well psychism appears could be possible from very long distances. At least to me it appears this way, and is what I currently believe.

To the second half of your response, yes I have found as well that spirit comes to us when we are ready whether mediumship, psychism, guide work and with most anything else.

My experience has been that if it is important, I will be told by spirit, and for me in the case of more speaking with the dead mediumship type instances I have found the spirits will only speak with me if it is of importance. So I usually will not get a call by someone's passed loved one in regards to the living person's choice of paint color on the walls type thing.

That has at least been my experience of it so far, I do not know of others, and can not speak for anyone else.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Meditation: It Quiets the Monkey mind, so you can hear your MIND.

Visiting the hidden place and remaining there as long as it is possible, helps too.

Quote:
It seems challenging without the physical presence of a person.

It is challenging if you look on it in the material way of separation.

Spirit is connected with everyone and everything, and so the individual path is known, and this way of seeing makes it very easy.
The readings then, reveal what already has happened, but for the personal/time/space belief has not happened yet.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheshredder

Hi,

For me it has been the higher self connection that has advanced my psychic skills the most. It is Far More than a technique, it is a way of life.

As a result, my ability is to connect with the higher self of any poster at any forum. I look at a post for what I call trigger words and terms. Those are phrases which seem out of place or have exceptional energy in them to me.

Then I ask, "what can I say to respond to this person". That opens the door for insights which I then post.

My experience and my understanding on these things is that no other source of divine wisdon is greater than that we can get from the higher self.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/