Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Newbie ;)

tell me your story: how long did it take you to develop your mediumship abilities?

also, were you born with it or had to go through classes/mentorship/ or just had to figure it out on your own?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BUT THIS IS MY STORY:

I was raised in a spiritualist church. Every Sunday, my grandparents would take me to this place from 9 to 12pm. There will be a medium in the middle of the room sitting and would deliver messages from God, Virgin Mary and the Archangels. One of the goals of this church is to see 'visions' such as hear, see, feel the divine energy so they can help and heal other people. I moved out of that country and fast forward to many years later, I would always wonder why I wanted to hear and see spirits, and where did my interest in divination come from. I ended up sticking to reading playing cards from 13 years old until now that I am 25. It's not until my 25th birthday that I had this feeling I wanted to grow more spiritually- I could not study for school but I would give readings to people instead on the internet. I could not explain it or whatsoever. I have seen this spiritual advisor/psychic who hears God and she told me that I got "called" on my birthday. Things started to make sense... The voices that I hear in my head, thoughts that I would never come up with before, made sense. Especially when I am reading other people using playing cards.

Now all I want to do is to have, 'full grown abilities' without tools like the playing cards. I have learned that whenever something traumatizing or heartbreaking happens to me, it increases. I want to hear, see and feel already :) and to people like me who are not born with it, it may take a while. For those people who are born/not born with it, how long did it take you to do what you can do now? did you have to assign symbols, for example, 'when you see a river, it means someone who will be going on a cruise' or do the images look like a movie screen? Did you just wake up one day and have these abilities?

Tell me your story.