Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-09-2019, 06:11 AM
Ascender

Hello.

It mat help understanding to see the"ego" as a mechanism performing a function--that of seeking to provide a sense of significance and being to a mind when/where that sense is otherwise absent/not experienced by that mind. Thus attempting to compensate for what is not otherwise apparent.

Because the "ego" mechanism is self contained within that mind, the only way it can function as required is by trying to provide that compensatory experience by seeking significance by relative measure--measuring against others--more than, better than, etc. This is inevitably a tendency relying upon deploying divisive one up"man"ship.

In order to diminish the effect of this divisive tendency, a means of experiencing that necessary sense of significance and being by other and absolute--rather than relative--means is required.

Love actually.

petex
Old 20-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Lol, killing is not the thing, but we all know what you mean.

One way is to recognize what the ego does that you wish would stop.
-Whatever feels icky comes from the ego...that is the simple formula!!!
Jealousy, hatred, indignation, procrastination, laziness, gluttony, vengeance, cruelty, stealing, lying, cheating...etc.
Then, not doing those things! Hahahaha, I mean it.
You want to strangle someone? Do the opposite:

Be super nice to them and praise them for something.
Gosh, the ego HATES that!

-What feels good, is kind and constructive comes from godliness...
or from the Holy Spirit's Thought System...
not the Ego or Worldly Thought System.

Now pls, no one say, 'It feels good to eat the whole pie, tho. And get mad and get revenge on someone.'
No, it doesn't, you bozos, not in the true sense.

Now, if you would like to 'undo' the ego...there is a fascinating fast way...
I discovered it in Dec 2015...now, this was after 40 years of meditating, ha!
It is really quite amazing...a Self Study book ...no groups, leaders or donations! Ha!

"A Course In Miracles" or ACIM...I was shocked to see a difference in 28 days doing the 365 Lessons!

But, if you were interested, really, I would recommend an intro book first...diving right in, most people go, 'Huh? This is not for me.'
But, it is with an introduction.
Ego takes a back seat, my friend!!

Btw, the previous people said great stuff! As usual. Go team!

Yes I'm doing a course in miracles at the moment, that's a pretty concrete thing you can do for an entire year and I'm very fond of it.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ...............@{*i*}@................

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonrD111
How can you kill your ego to be happy in life and unveil the truth by stopping your mind? Some creative ideas please.

1} Ego is not alive,

2} we can place ego to the side whenever neccesary,

3} ego does not equate with only lying to self i.e. ego can also equate with search for truth.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 20-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Master
Killing your ego is a spiritual myth that is based on fear. The last thing you want to do is kill or forcefully control your ego. The best thing to do is to learn to stop thinking this or that is good/positive or bad/negative (duality) and stop wanting to be/become something or someone.
Old 20-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Killing your ego is a spiritual myth that is based on fear. The last thing you want to do is kill or forcefully control your ego. The best thing to do is to learn to stop thinking this or that is good/positive or bad/negative (duality) and stop wanting to be/become something or someone.
The issue (over-simply stated) is one of choice.

Try to stop thinking of, say, a pencil for a minute. You can't if that is your focus!

You have to have something else to positively desire and think about.

The ego will fall into its 'natural' (meaning organically functional) place if and when you positively think, feel about and desire something transcendent, like (what I reference and discuss in detail in my book and my treatise (both freely downloadable) as being Life Itself.
Old 20-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

1} Ego is not alive,

2} we can place ego to the side whenever necessary,

3} ego can search for truth and facts, or,

....3a} ego can create a false narrative to create mental blockages to truth and fact.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 20-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The issue (over-simply stated) is one of choice.

Try to stop thinking of, say, a pencil for a minute. You can't if that is your focus!

You have to have something else to positively desire and think about.

The ego will fall into its 'natural' (meaning organically functional) place if and when you positively think, feel about and desire something transcendent, like (what I reference and discuss in detail in my book and my treatise (both freely downloadable) as being Life Itself.

Nobody needs to think at all. Thoughts are nothing more and nothing less than memories and knowledge of the past or day dreaming about the present or future. Stay focused and be grateful for the present moment, the here and right now.
Old 21-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
Of possible interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ND0p1BqOV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiygakUimSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbj4nLOPN8o
Old 21-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Wow, these youtubes above are excellent!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2019, 04:10 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Nobody needs to think at all. Thoughts are nothing more and nothing less than memories and knowledge of the past or day dreaming about the present or future. Stay focused and be grateful for the present moment, the here and right now.

If I didn't think at all I'd be fast out of a job. My creditors and the IRS would be knocking at my door for lack of paying bills and filing tax returns. I'd also have a terrible time on the road as local and state police wouldn't appreciate me driving an unregistered, uninspected and uninsured vehicle and without a driver's license. My oil tank would be empty and I'd be freezing my butt off and my electric and internet service would be cut off for lack of payment. I also wouldn't be posting here.

Thinking and emotions are unavoidable. They are features of body-mind, not bugs. What is avoidable and a bug is overreaction to thoughts and emotions. Taking things personally.

It all depends on which "I" one identifies with and how much work one's done to focus and concentrate the mind.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 21-11-2019 at 04:56 PM.