Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-02-2020, 08:47 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Yes, your point is moot because I did not say that it was a challenge to Atman, it is obviously not a challenge to atman. I was obviously saying it is a challenge to the ego. Good job turning the context of my post around a full 360 degrees.

I'm not turning anything around. Everything you post is only concerned with things of body-mind-ego. Perfecting body-mind-ego. Using logic and reason to balance out its extremes. Why would that be? What master does that serve?
Old 03-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
My point is not moot. Non-dualism teaches that we are the Atman and Atman is beyond all those things you listed. They never touch it and can never touch it.

In other words none of that laundry list in your post is a challenge or concern to the Atman. It is only a challenge and concern to the body-mind and that would be ego.

By the way, isn't your truth based on your "...beliefs, which has nothing to do with truth, this mentally and emotionally manipulates and conditions their minds, which gives them dream/fantasy views/perceptions of the universe/god/reality. ". Why are you above what you lay at everyone else's feet?

This goes to a point I've previously made that relying solely on what you discover within your own mind is a recipe for ego manipulating the result. That's why it's a wise thing to not discard thousands of years of deep insight, wisdom and robust philosophical and metaphyscal debate and the resulting religious and spiritual traditions that developed and refined.
There is a big difference between believing based on emotional and mental conditioning/manipulation, which lacks logic, reason and common sense and knowing what is really happening in society and in reality by seeing it with your own 2 eyes by using logic, reason and common sense. I do not put myself above anyone as I am still learning. You thinking I put myself above others is your problem, not mine.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm not turning anything around. Everything you post is only concerned with things of body-mind-ego. Perfecting body-mind-ego. Using logic and reason to balance out its extremes. Why would that be? What master does that serve?
You have to use your Body-mind-ego to post on this forum. So yes, Body-mind-ego is an important aspect of god. All aspects of God are important. Body-mind-ego are aspects of God, just like consciousness, duality and non-duality are also all aspects of God. Being ignorant of what manipulates/conditions the ego does not help the ego or god/atman what's so ever because all is one and one is all. You accepting one important aspect of God while rejecting another important aspect of God is your ego playing tricks on itself, because again, one is all and all is one. Non-duality is an aspect of God, not the entirety of God.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
One last thing, your ego, which is an important aspect of God has the choice to see the truth that is right in front of your eyes and learn from it, or you can ignore it completely and not learn from it at all, how does that help anyone?
Old 03-02-2020, 09:53 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I do not put myself above anyone as I am still learning.

If your desire to learn spiritual non-duality is in earnest, I suggest:

Formal Instruction:

https://www.youtube.com/user/vedantany1894/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe...HfHJUdw/videos

Course materials:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/81...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Extra Credit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advanced Materials:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/81...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-02-2020, 10:23 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
You have to use your Body-mind-ego to post on this forum.

That is correct. One also has to use the tools of duality to break the chain of duality. I think I've related the metaphor of the boat being useful for crossing the river, but once across it should not be carried as a burden on one's back.

Quote:
So yes, Body-mind-ego is an important aspect of god. All aspects of God are important. Body-mind-ego are aspects of God, just like consciousness, duality and non-duality are also all aspects of God.

Non-dualist teachings would disagree. The whole point of non-dualism is to break the chain. That maya is illusion, unreal, impermanent, not enduring, the root of all suffering.

Quote:
Being ignorant of what manipulates/conditions the ego does not help the ego or god/atman what's so ever because all is one and one is all. You accepting one important aspect of God while rejecting another important aspect of God is your ego playing tricks on itself, because again, one is all and all is one. Non-duality is an aspect of God, not the entirety of God.

Atman/Brahman is in no need of assistance and body-mind-ego isn't worth the bother. It's the anchor that needs to be let go. LOL!
Old 03-02-2020, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
That is correct. One also has to use the tools of duality to break the chain of duality. I think I've related the metaphor of the boat being useful for crossing the river, but once across it should not be carried as a burden on one's back.

Non-dualist teachings would disagree. The whole point of non-dualism is to break the chain. That maya is illusion, unreal, impermanent, not enduring, the root of all suffering.

Atman/Brahman is in no need of assistance and body-mind-ego isn't worth the bother. It's the anchor that needs to be let go. LOL!
Physical duality is not the chain that needs to be broken and all that does is limit the infinite, which is an oxymoron. Societies mental and emotional manipulation/conditioning creates mental and emotional duality, this mental and emotional duality creates scarcity and this scarcity creates all the lack, fear, guilt, suffering, etc etc. The idea that the duality of the physical universe creates suffering fear, guilt etc etc is an insane fear based fantasy because god/nature is infinite and provides infinite abundance, through the law of attraction (the law of attraction is another important aspect of God/nature), while society/government provides based on scarcity, limited resources, and fear. Overcome/let go of that belief in scarcity, lack and fear and all you have left is God's/nature's infinite abundance.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Physical duality is not the chain that needs to be broken and all that does is limit the infinite, which is an oxymoron. Societies mental and emotional manipulation/conditioning creates mental and emotional duality, this mental and emotional duality creates scarcity and this scarcity creates all the lack, fear, guilt, suffering, etc etc. The idea that the duality of the physical universe creates suffering fear, guilt etc etc is an insane fear based fantasy because god/nature is infinite and provides infinite abundance, through the law of attraction (the law of attraction is another important aspect of God/nature), while society/government provides based on scarcity, limited resources, and fear. Overcome/let go of that belief in scarcity, lack and fear and all you have left is God's/nature's infinite abundance.

Non-duality means One, not two and You are the One. I am the One. You and I are the One Awareness and you and i are the body-minds. It's all within the One and the One is within it all.

That's the Buddhist no-self (meaning you and me) and the Advaitan Self (meaning the Awareness that is reflected or manifested in the no-self you and me).

So the choice is identify with the small no-self, the seat of ego and one among 6 billion other ego no-selfs, or the Absolute and only One Self.

I ask You, why does your embodiment of Atman have to let go of anything except ignorance of its true nature? If you can pull it off that's realization.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Non-duality means One, not two and You are the One. I am the One. You and I are the One Awareness and you and i are the body-minds. It's all within the One and the One is within it all.

That's the Buddhist no-self (meaning you and me) and the Advaitan Self (meaning the Awareness that is reflected or manifested in the no-self you and me).

So the choice is identify with the small no-self, the seat of ego and one among 6 billion other ego no-selfs, or the Absolute and only One Self.

I ask You, why does your embodiment of Atman have to let go of anything except ignorance of its true nature? If you can pull it off that's realization.
I know what non-duality means. The self/I is the same ego/I, no matter how you label self. So, what you are doing, without you realizing it, is you accept and are calling the absolute self/I an ego/I while you reject/deny the ego/I. I see where your confusion and conflict are coming from. Where did you learn that the absolute has a self/ego/I?
Old 04-02-2020, 12:37 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I know what non-duality means.

Yes, your cup runneth over.