Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-02-2020, 07:15 PM
Master

hazada guess . . .

You’re heading in the right direction. The outer / physical body would be “lower” than any of the inner facets of emotions, memory, mental, and etheric. Looking “inside” for answers and / or guidance is a battle that takes a long time to win . . . meaning lifetimes. Most simply try to control what is outside them by will power and preference. Certainly . . . in a sense . . . these are from a “higher self” . . . and you should continue to explore, pursue, and accept such guidance until you prove otherwise to yourself.

For the vast majority of the masses . . . the “voice” that you hear is the voice of the mental self. We have been taught, trained, and studied in the mental approach to our outer world. There’s nothing wrong with that . . . as long as it works for you. The mind was given to Soul to observe what is around It (Soul) and to make decisions concerning those ongoing perceptions.

Mind is a creature of habit . . . pure and simple. Most people are collectors and hoarders . . . gathering data and squirreling it away to use later. To the mind . . . data IS gold. Again . . . use it as long as it works for you. Everyone else does . . . and you can see where it leads by observing the behavior and patterns of others. There’s nothing wrong with using the mind to keep oneself safe, secure, and comfortable.

Eventually . . . there will be the urge to go beyond mind . . . and you can also see where that leads. The mind will create its own “world” to protect itself and its habitual beliefs . . . whether they are beneficial or detrimental. Mind can be taught to prefer the detrimental as well as the beneficial.

Remember . . . that mind is not Soul . . . and Soul is not mind. To Soul . . . mind is an “outer” facet. Soul does not use the mental approach to understand what is around It when traveling beyond the mind worlds. That is NOT to say that Soul does not use mind . . . as mind is the most powerful “tool” given to Soul in these worlds.

To truly set about drawing a working distinction between mind and Soul is the walking of the far reaches of the Path. Many claim to be doing so . . . few realize that they are not. This leads to MANY battles . . . as mind claims to be beyond itself when it is not. Many of the popular Eastern religions and philosophies are in this same boat.

Such is the nature of the Path. Mind does not and cannot “come along” with Soul as Soul ventures beyond the mind.

Something to remember . . . it is easier to fool a person than to later convince them they have been fooled. Such is the protective nature of a learned mental preference.

Enough said.

On we go.
Old 15-02-2020, 07:53 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
hazada guess . . .

You’re heading in the right direction. The outer / physical body would be “lower” than any of the inner facets of emotions, memory, mental, and etheric. Looking “inside” for answers and / or guidance is a battle that takes a long time to win . . . meaning lifetimes. Most simply try to control what is outside them by will power and preference. Certainly . . . in a sense . . . these are from a “higher self” . . . and you should continue to explore, pursue, and accept such guidance until you prove otherwise to yourself.

For the vast majority of the masses . . . the “voice” that you hear is the voice of the mental self. We have been taught, trained, and studied in the mental approach to our outer world. There’s nothing wrong with that . . . as long as it works for you. The mind was given to Soul to observe what is around It (Soul) and to make decisions concerning those ongoing perceptions.

Mind is a creature of habit . . . pure and simple. Most people are collectors and hoarders . . . gathering data and squirreling it away to use later. To the mind . . . data IS gold. Again . . . use it as long as it works for you. Everyone else does . . . and you can see where it leads by observing the behavior and patterns of others. There’s nothing wrong with using the mind to keep oneself safe, secure, and comfortable.

Eventually . . . there will be the urge to go beyond mind . . . and you can also see where that leads. The mind will create its own “world” to protect itself and its habitual beliefs . . . whether they are beneficial or detrimental. Mind can be taught to prefer the detrimental as well as the beneficial.

Remember . . . that mind is not Soul . . . and Soul is not mind. To Soul . . . mind is an “outer” facet. Soul does not use the mental approach to understand what is around It when traveling beyond the mind worlds. That is NOT to say that Soul does not use mind . . . as mind is the most powerful “tool” given to Soul in these worlds.

To truly set about drawing a working distinction between mind and Soul is the walking of the far reaches of the Path. Many claim to be doing so . . . few realize that they are not. This leads to MANY battles . . . as mind claims to be beyond itself when it is not. Many of the popular Eastern religions and philosophies are in this same boat.

Such is the nature of the Path. Mind does not and cannot “come along” with Soul as Soul ventures beyond the mind.

Something to remember . . . it is easier to fool a person than to later convince them they have been fooled. Such is the protective nature of a learned mental preference.

Enough said.

On we go.

Thanks for your reply Zorkchop,thats what I wanted to hear.I will take note.
Old 25-02-2020, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This topic provokes many arguments but I want to give you my idea's on it(I could be wrong,but its my take).
Forget science.It makes things complicated and asks too many question's.Everybody,in my opinion has an outer body,which is visible to all and an inner self,which is constantly talking to you ,but many don't take the time to listen.This is your inner self.The most important,with messages coming from your Higher self.
When we meditate and take our focus off the physical world,our inner self goes into first gear,giving you messages and signs which will have some meaning If you think about it later.It is up to you to find out that meaning but these messages ,in my opinion come from your higher self.
I personally am learning to listen to my inner voice as it gives me the best advice.I think the inner voice is your soul that will be with you when the physical body has ceased,the inner self that will be you forever.
I'm starting to ramble now so I'll sign off,anyway,that is my take on the subject. What's yours?Discuss..............
You are correct. There is an outer self, which is the ego/thinker of I and physical body, and there is the inner self, the feeling of I AM and being. The inner self is the source of consciousness. The ego outer self uses consciousness to focus/pay attention to physical objects, concepts, beliefs and to thoughts. The inner self is awareness that is aware of everything, including the outer self focusing/paying attention to physical objects and to thoughts.

The inner self/feeling of I AM/feeling of being, is the present presence, the stillness in which all thoughts/concepts rises to.

The inner self and the outer self are one and the same. The outer self separates itself from the inner self by believing in concepts or by turning concepts into beliefs, concepts where/are meant for the outer self to find the inner self that is inside outer self through self realization.
Old 25-02-2020, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:
If I got my knowledge second hand,I would have my head constantly in a book,I participate in this forum to get idea's,balance them up and come to my own conclusions.
Josephine,the reason he has so many posts is that he spends most of the time arguing on another thread with another member.LOL.
for the final time JASG,goodbye .
I have been thinking for a while now, JASG posts just to get his post count up.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting points to ponder...thank you. I often wonder in myself, if I have waisted time dissecting the workings of who I am, the vehicles...instead of just dancing with that which comes forward. My most enjoyable times come from interaction as I end up bearing witness to what comes forward. Sometimes the interaction appears to be confrontational, yet in the end it would appear to be nurturing...in as much I discover where I am at, and where I have been. It seems like such a long road to have arrived such a short distance from where I began. I am grateful.
Old 17-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Master

Quote:
This topic provokes many arguments but I want to give you my idea's on it(I could be wrong,but its my take).
Forget science.It makes things complicated and asks too many question's.Everybody,in my opinion has an outer body,which is visible to all and an inner self,which is constantly talking to you ,but many don't take the time to listen.This is your inner self.The most important,with messages coming from your Higher self.
When we meditate and take our focus off the physical world,our inner self goes into first gear,giving you messages and signs which will have some meaning If you think about it later.It is up to you to find out that meaning but these messages ,in my opinion come from your higher self.
I personally am learning to listen to my inner voice as it gives me the best advice.I think the inner voice is your soul that will be with you when the physical body has ceased,the inner self that will be you forever.
I'm starting to ramble now so I'll sign off,anyway,that is my take on the subject. What's yours?Discuss..............

I like what you say there and its inspiring and provoking. I find no contradictions in what you say. My deepest encounters with the intuitive or deeper inner self have often come by way of 'happenings'. What Carl Jung called synchronicities and supernatural events. I don't experience them so much nowadays but recently i have been reflecting back on some of them. Like looking back through a photo album in a sense I've been trying to kind of evaluate them and see if and where and how my ego stepped in to dialogue with these experiences or not ? So you witness something lets say supernatural and then you run off and read a book about it to try and fit it into some kind of order or so you can exploit and make it happen again, all that kind of stuff. In recent light ive look at what some non dualiist and advaitin teachers have had to say about it and i think there take on it ..is God was definitely showing you ...his beyondness, your beyondness, your smallness, your escape or your imprisonment ? God being your deeper intuitive self , the atman as you point too. So you experience something supernatural in the outside world ...so that is the small voice you are speaking about in a way... ? Thanks for letting me share a couple of thoughts. All the best. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-03-2020, 01:48 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I like what you say there and its inspiring and provoking. I find no contradictions in what you say. My deepest encounters with the intuitive or deeper inner self have often come by way of 'happenings'. What Carl Jung called synchronicities and supernatural events. I don't experience them so much nowadays but recently i have been reflecting back on some of them. Like looking back through a photo album in a sense I've been trying to kind of evaluate them and see if and where and how my ego stepped in to dialogue with these experiences or not ? So you witness something lets say supernatural and then you run off and read a book about it to try and fit it into some kind of order or so you can exploit and make it happen again, all that kind of stuff. In recent light ive look at what some non dualiist and advaitin teachers have had to say about it and i think there take on it ..is God was definitely showing you ...his beyondness, your beyondness, your smallness, your escape or your imprisonment ? God being your deeper intuitive self , the atman as you point too. So you experience something supernatural in the outside world ...so that is the small voice you are speaking about in a way... ? Thanks for letting me share a couple of thoughts. All the best. Joe.

No problem.Thank's for your understanding reply.
Old 17-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Of course.He knows you better than anyone else.
Mine is active when my mind is in silence mode,or when i truly want to ask for an info and i don't know where to turn.
Sometimes it speaks,other times could point the way after a day or so.Depends on the situation.