Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 06-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Seeker

Losing belief and going through pain

Hello everyone,

I have been going through a very difficult time the last few days.
My cat, whom I adore went missing ten days ago. I did everything I could from checking with all the animals shelters to publicizing on social media.

A few days ago, a neighbour informed me (when I asked them) that he had seen my cat lying on the side of the road after being hit by a car. He said he came back and found that the cat was not there. Nevertheless, he had apparently contacted the Animal Protection agency here to inform them of this the next day.

I live in a foreign country where all pets are chipped. In such cases, usually, either the Police or the cleaners collect the body and inform the owners through the chip. No body of a cat was found by them when I checked. I only have my owner's word for it that this happened. The time-span for this happening also has to be less than 2 hours because had started searching for my cat very early on and since the road where this is supposed to have happened is right opposite our house I cannot understand how we did not see it or where her body went.

I only have one neighbor's word for it. Regardless of whether the neighbour is lying and whether he himself may be responsible, the fact that my cat is suddenly no more (with no body) has left me depressed. I cannot think about anything else and I feel myself slipping. I cannot digest the fact that she is no more so quickly. Also, the fact that my neighbour might have been responsible for this also makes me feel very helpless. Nobody here can do anything to prove it.

I have lost faith in the Universe and its sense of justice.

As a Hindu, I do believe in the cycle of karma and birth but cannot digest the fact that I may be being lied to or that someone just left her on the street to die.

I have tried to pray, chant, meditate with no success.
I am slowing losing my belief which was centred on karma and good actions.

I don't know what to do.......
Old 07-11-2019, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyth
Hello everyone,

I have been going through a very difficult time the last few days.
My cat, whom I adore went missing ten days ago. I did everything I could from checking with all the animals shelters to publicizing on social media.

A few days ago, a neighbour informed me (when I asked them) that he had seen my cat lying on the side of the road after being hit by a car. He said he came back and found that the cat was not there. Nevertheless, he had apparently contacted the Animal Protection agency here to inform them of this the next day.

I live in a foreign country where all pets are chipped. In such cases, usually, either the Police or the cleaners collect the body and inform the owners through the chip. No body of a cat was found by them when I checked. I only have my owner's word for it that this happened. The time-span for this happening also has to be less than 2 hours because had started searching for my cat very early on and since the road where this is supposed to have happened is right opposite our house I cannot understand how we did not see it or where her body went.

I only have one neighbor's word for it. Regardless of whether the neighbour is lying and whether he himself may be responsible, the fact that my cat is suddenly no more (with no body) has left me depressed. I cannot think about anything else and I feel myself slipping. I cannot digest the fact that she is no more so quickly. Also, the fact that my neighbour might have been responsible for this also makes me feel very helpless. Nobody here can do anything to prove it.

I have lost faith in the Universe and its sense of justice.

As a Hindu, I do believe in the cycle of karma and birth but cannot digest the fact that I may be being lied to or that someone just left her on the street to die.

I have tried to pray, chant, meditate with no success.
I am slowing losing my belief which was centred on karma and good actions.

I don't know what to do.......
Namaste.

I am sorry to hear your story and I sincerely hope your beloved kitten comes back, but after ten days, it doesn't look very promising, whether it is deceased or not...was it desexed?

Sometime the cat needs to obey nature's call ...it needs to get married and raise a family of feral cats eating endangered species..

Love your cat as much as you do, it still has natural urges and is what makes a cat ..a cat.

Eventually it comes time for everyone and everyone to move on and yes, it can cause grief, but that is sadly inevitable and the lesson is to work through it with a close friend, family member or priest.

As harsh as this may sound, the Hindu Spiritual path is all about sacrifice vs reward and let go, let God"...some just need a bit more time to do so than others...give it a month and re-assess the situation, but I feel this has a bit more to do with things other than "missing cat".

Have you maybe thought it was the cat's karma to to missing than yours to be the owner of said "missing cat"?

Attaining Moksha should mean more to people than that...but I also understand that in the heat of the moment...the emotional, everything else just doesn't matter because the emotion has control...send the kitty off with love, have a funeral/vigil for it under a tree...make a plaque or get a rosebush...have closure.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 07-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Master
The problem with religions in general is fatalism. The belief that inconvenient things you don't like are somehow related to 'karma' (or 'sin' in other religions), that it's always related to people in the past, and that you just need to live with that and accept the stones thrown at you.

There is no guarantee that ''the universe'' is run on morality, nor that it's ''made'' by a grand tool maker who also happens to be able to write, talk, and look like a human being. If spiders could talk, reason and had hands how would their god(s) look you think? What would the message then be?

The real power (although less interesting to our imagination) comes from our human sense of justice. We have to be the guides of our own destiny.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The problem with religions in general is fatalism. The belief that inconvenient things you don't like are somehow related to 'karma' (or 'sin' in other religions), that it's always related to people in the past, and that you just need to live with that and accept the stones thrown at you.

There is no guarantee that ''the universe'' is run on morality, nor that it's ''made'' by a grand tool maker who also happens to be able to write, talk, and look like a human being. If spiders could talk, reason and had hands how would their god(s) look you think? What would the message then be?

The real power (although less interesting to our imagination) comes from our human sense of justice. We have to be the guides of our own destiny.

I understand the distinction between spirituality and religion but its surprising to find such a response that doesn't cater to either aspect on this Forum.

While I appreciate the time (though I do not understand the intent) you have taken to type out your answer, it does not seem to grasp the essence that Hinduism (or any other religion is based on).

What is the human sense of justice you refer to? Everyone may have their own sense of reality or justice.
If we all enter of sphere of delivering our own justice (regardless of what crime) is committed, I assure you that society will descend into anarchy with no law.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Master
Hi,

You mentioned you lost your belief which was centred on karma and good actions, but who's to say 'karma' is a requirement for good action? Humans have the capacity to do good, to care for one another, other species, and our environment. I don't think it's always beliefs that make us do good, themyth, there's also human qualities. The beliefs may glue themselves around it, but the quality is already in you regardless of religion.

I hope you can find out the truth about your cat. I don't think it has to be karma if something bad happened because that happens to like every life. Why should your cat have bad karma?

Last edited by Altair : 08-11-2019 at 05:13 PM.