Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-02-2020, 01:24 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Duality is also a concept made by man. Concepts are a useful tool when used in conjunction with logic, reason, common sense and intuition. You are able to see duality and non-duality when you are open to them as concrete facts inside your head, thus duality and non-duality are truths. What is the point of you accepting Duality while you reject non-duality?

You excepting both non-duality and duality Is also a concept made by man and a limiting factor in your understanding of life ... se how we can keep going forever with the concept chopping game? Look we both have to use words to try and convey are understanding to one another and so long as that's the case there will always be error and room for critique in the particular words being used and there's no escaping this so let's try to not do pointless chopping on this poor little bonsai tree of a conversation.

I didn't directly say that I dont exeps non-duality and only except duality I was just pointing out the the fact that people tend to reject the one theory that is observable and accept the one Theory that does not have an actual manifestation and is purely conceptual

my actual "stance " on non-duality and duality is that both of those words are far to simple and loaded and my personal opinion on "life" is unfortunately at a point that my limited language and abilities cannot properly convey to someone and it make any sense whatsoever . But I will say that I think that in a since non-duality and duality both are correct because technically whatever you truly believe is your reality so then either one technically speaking would be true for you depending on which one you believe

hover from a fundamental standpoint (meaning you take humans out of the equation and it's still there unchanging) nether one are the actual fundamental truth as they are just popular concepts that have been passed down for a long time .
Old 04-02-2020, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
You excepting both non-duality and duality Is also a concept made by man and a limiting factor in your understanding of life ... se how we can keep going forever with the concept chopping game? Look we both have to use words to try and convey are understanding to one another and so long as that's the case there will always be error and room for critique in the particular words being used and there's no escaping this so let's try to not do pointless chopping on this poor little bonsai tree of a conversation.

I didn't directly say that I dont exeps non-duality and only except duality I was just pointing out the the fact that people tend to reject the one theory that is observable and accept the one Theory that does not have an actual manifestation and is purely conceptual

my actual "stance " on non-duality and duality is that both of those words are far to simple and loaded and my personal opinion on "life" is unfortunately at a point that my limited language and abilities cannot properly convey to someone and it make any sense whatsoever . But I will say that I think that in a since non-duality and duality both are correct because technically whatever you truly believe is your reality so then either one technically speaking would be true for you depending on which one you believe

hover from a fundamental standpoint (meaning you take humans out of the equation and it's still there unchanging) nether one are the actual fundamental truth as they are just popular concepts that have been passed down for a long time .
How is seeing both duality and non-duality for what they are limiting reality? Saying words are limiting is just an excuse to limit the unlimited/infinite and to ignore your self responsability and your honest errors and mistakes.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:59 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
How is seeing both duality and non-duality for what they are limiting reality? Saying words are limiting is just an excuse to limit the unlimited/infinite and to ignore your self responsability and your honest errors and mistakes.

I was giving you an example of how people these days seem to go from an actual conversation to this back and forth word chopping contest and how I was not interested in that kind of pointless conversation this isn't actualized.com after all lol.
And besides you never even touched on any of the points I made in my original comment instead you did the topical new age "save the non-duality " quick response and ignored the majority of my comment wherein there is plenty of points to work with.

But it doesn't matter because I don't have any interest in having a conversation with you about non-duality after seeing you and 2 other people get in a ego wrestling match over and over again and how clearly you and the other two are in no way willing to admit to yourself or others that you have any fault or weak spots in your epistemology/theories on life and so if the mind is a closed(you) then there's no point in talking to it I'm here to learn not prove a point about how much I've learned and from what I've seen it would be a waste of time. Have a good day
Old 04-02-2020, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I was giving you an example of how people these days seem to go from an actual conversation to this back and forth word chopping contest and how I was not interested in that kind of pointless conversation this isn't actualized.com after all lol.
And besides you never even touched on any of the points I made in my original comment instead you did the topical new age "save the non-duality " quick response and ignored the majority of my comment wherein there is plenty of points to work with.

But it doesn't matter because I don't have any interest in having a conversation with you about non-duality after seeing you and 2 other people get in a ego wrestling match over and over again and how clearly you and the other two are in no way willing to admit to yourself or others that you have any fault or weak spots in your epistemology/theories on life and so if the mind is a closed(you) then there's no point in talking to it I'm here to learn not prove a point about how much I've learned and from what I've seen it would be a waste of time. Have a good day