Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 31-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Perry,

"Freewill and freedom
are opposite sides of a magnet –
opposite poles.

In fact, they are poles apart.

~ Dr. George King

Fantastic!

I looked at your blog, and I like it. I have 2 blogs, one in Swedish, because I'm Swedish, but I started an English one too: http://cosmicdiviner.wordpress.com/

King's quote points to a truth. But, it makes me think of another quote, from the book The Christ is Born in You, by Kim Michaels:

God knows how the carnal mind can turn a true statement into a relative doctrine.

If you do not turn Dr King's statement into a doctrine, it reveals a stunning truth about ourselves, we are able to see our own ego and how it works.
But if you DO turn it into a doctrine, you interpret it WITH the ego. Then it becomes "Free will IS NOT freedom. Then we can take free will away from people. Free will is evil."

Last edited by Perry J : 31-12-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Seeker

Greetings Valus, glad to see you back in the saddle!
Old 24-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Newbie ;)
Hi Valus. :)
Old 28-05-2011, 05:19 PM
astroboy

Don't be confused with semantics. Let me even out the rough patches by showing you that all religions sprang out from a single focus which is the higher self, Soul.

Here are the similarities:-

Prajapatir vai idam-agre asit
Tasya vak dvitiya asit
Vak vai Paramam Brahma
--Vedas
Translation
In the beginning was Prajapati (the Creator),
With Him was the Vak (the Word),
And the Vak (the Word) was verily the
Supreme Brahma.

The Naam or Word is the Power of God that has created the Universe,
The same Power is sustaining all by its immanence in every form.
GURU RAM DAS

Upholding all things by the Word of His Power. Hebrews 1:3
And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. Colossians 1:17

By the Word of the Lord were the heavens made,
And all the host of them . . . for He spake, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast. Psalm 33:6, 9
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Master
First off-
Nice thread from the original poster.

If I may add, there seems to be a lot of complaints about Christ/Buddha and "naming the name".

First off, yes "The Buddha" is the higher self that Siddhartha was talking about. He said everyone can be a Buddha. Everyone can become awakened. I wholeheartedly believe this. Many before and after Siddhartha did this.

A lot of problems with Jesus and the Christ is that both sides of the coin are highly uniformed and they forget that Christ is the Greek name for "The Messiah". It is not going to be everyone's last name. Christ is not Jesus' last name. Christ is an office that Jesus fulfilled and was prophesied to fulfill for the Jews. So obviously we are not all going to be Christ, 'The Messiah". That wouldn't make sense. But Jesus did tell his Apostles that they too will do what he did and do even greater things.

The Catholic Church is correct when they say Jesus is the only Christ because he was the prophesied savior in that generation and age. But Yogananda who brought the ideas of "Christ is the only begotten Son of God" is not a new idea. In The Catholic Church when a soul is united to the Trinity, God makes the soul divine and becomes a Son of God and is filled with the "divine nature, or divine consciousness of the Second Person of the Trinity, God the Son".

See? All Yogananda did was flesh it out in a better way. Not necessarily speak from the highest truth because if you read his work carefully side by side brilliant scholars he confuses certain words. I remember he referred to the "prince of this world" to the Christ Consciousness in a sentence in his Second Coming of Christ Book he wrote. He is plainly wrong. Because in all the gospels the "prince of this world" is actually Satan. Thus Yogananda was not 100% perfect.

Edgar Cayce an American psychic who said the Four Gospels were complete and true to every extent contradicted himself saying that Jesus was the reincarnation of a bunch of flawed individuals in the Bible when Jesus is said by his Apostles to be without "sin" or error. Meaning Jesus had no previous karma or perhaps no previous lifetime. But Jesus in Cayce's eyes became the Christ. And this is true! And the Catholic actually forgets this! Jesus became this office, this title. He was announced at birth to be the Christ, but he had to become it. He even says it himself!.

So you see how both sides of the coin and even its edges are a bit off in many cases.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:16 AM
wheninsilence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
Very true.
Christ is not a person but a Consciousness, this is very important, because every religion in their mystic teachings (even Islam: read Rumi's work!) addresses a consciousness that can only be found within. The Christ Consciousness and Tao, and Nirvana, is exactly the same thing.

Jesus is not the only son of God. We are all sons of God (or daughters).
What IS the only son of God is the Christ Consciousness. This consciousness is universal an can be reached by everyone regardless of religion.

Jesus was a common person (born by a woman), who attained the Christ Consciousness and showed others how to do the same. The Catholic Church, however, has twisted the teachings and put Jesus on a pedestal, it's considered blasphemy to follow his example, and there is nothing to find within, but we instead have to follow dogmas and priests. This is the greatest scandal of all time. And it has brainwashed us all so deeply.

Power elites (The church is of course one of them) who want to control people always try to raise people against each other and maintain conflict.

I really agree. It's interesting to see that Jesus speaks of this aswell...atleast that's what I make of it. Peace!

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Luke 17:20 - Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[d] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

:wheninsilence:
Old 15-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Master
Perry J-

If you are speculating how Jesus became the Christ, Paramahansa Yogananda gave a great explanation. I don't know if I 100% believe it because Edgar Cayce also gave his lifetimes as Jesus which were very strange and didn't mix well. Some think that Cayce's lives of Christ: Adam, Enoch, Melchizedek, Joseph, Joshua, Jeshua, Asaph, Zend, and Jesus were not one soul but the Universal Christ Soul- (Christ consciousness), instead of a specific personality. The only life Cayce personally commented on Jesus past life was as "Joshua". He said for without Moses and Joshua (who was bodily Jesus) there is no Christ. Christ in all ages, Joshua in one, Melchizedek in another, Joseph in another. The only lives of Jesus which would make sense are Yogananda's Elisha and Cayce's Joshua because of their names and how they progressed spiritually.

Jesus is Greek for Joshua or Yeshua. Elisha was the disciple of Elijah who succeeded him with a "double portion of his Spirit". Elijah transformed him physical body into astral energy and ascended to the second heaven which refers to the higher astral planes for 900 years. Elisha carried out his ministry for 500 years and was even worshiped and had a few disciples. Elisha in Greek is "Eliseus" which means "God is salvation" or 'God saves" just as Jesus means "God saves" "God is my savior".

Yogananda went into deep meditation to discover that in a previous lifetime Jesus was Elisues and Elijah was John.

What happened was that Elijah was the greatest prophet of the Hebrew People. He surpassed Moses and all those before Him. Elijah could have been the prophetic Christ but it was Elisha (Eliseus) chosen by God in his soul destiny from the beginning. Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah's spiritual consciousness (the only begotten Son) and Elijah having given up his mantle could only ascend to the higher astral planes. Elisha later did all the miracles of Elijah but doubled and even did things Elijah couldn't do. Elisha died and the bones of his corpse in a tomb were able to revive people back to Life!

The irony is that Elijah waited in the astral plane for 900 years. Elisha went to the highest realm of divine consciousness- at one with the Father. 900 years later Elijah reincarnates as John the Baptist in a lower position which is why He wasn't able to remember his past life as Elijah and it is why he could only baptize with Water and not the Holy Ghost. The soul of Jesus which was now an individualized Christ Consciousness and no other identity as Elisha or whoever he was before, incarnated as a new soul record as the Son of Mary through immaculate conception like Gautama 500 years earlier who Jesus succeeded.

Jesus told everyone that John was the greatest of the prophets born of woman.But this title is of Elijah in the Old Testament. And Jesus confirmed that John was the Elijah to come. But later at the transfiguration after John was beheaded, he resumed his mantle as Elijah liberated in God the Father with Moses and appeared next to Jesus on Mount Tabor.

Jesus was chosen to be the one to open the door to God the Father's House for the people of Israel and bring the Western Gentiles into that family.
Old 15-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Yes i agree Valus, but don't get caught up in the word Christ, the Buddha, the Krishna are all the same, they all point to our true inner Being, and don't get caught up in the word Being also lol.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Master
"Christ", is a description, and a title. It means, "Messiah", and, "Savior"

As in, Emmanuel, ("God with us.")

His actual earthly name was Jesus, Son of Joseph. And,
"Jesus of Nazereth".

His appearance had been prophesied through the ages in scripture, from Genesis onward, we read.
In the oldest written book in the Bible, the Book of Job, estimated by the scholars to have been written around Abraham's time, before the Law was given to Moses, it is stated:

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and in the end I shall see Him upon the Earth."

The statement acknowledges both continuance of life after this earthly passing, as well as the prophecied appearance of the Messiah.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Jesus embraced the Holy Spirit and became Jesus Christ. In the same way, -- or, rather, in his own way, -- Siddhartha embraced it, and became Siddhartha Christ; the Buddha. Christ is The Higher Self, and when you grow into your higher self, no matter what your first name may be, your last name (and the last name by which you will ever be known) will always be Christ; the Anointed.

Jesus may be your teacher, but Christ is within you. Regardless of who your teacher may be, or what spiritual tradition you may follow, the peak at which all souls arrive, and from which they regard the whole of Creation, is the same. Though our teachers may be men, and our paths may be man-made, the wisdom is from God, and it is God within us who comprehends it.
Very apt that you would include a lightbulb in your topic title.
Excellent.

Just saw this was started in 2010! Ha! Crazy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru