Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Xenophilia

Advice?

I recently did a reading with rather extreme results. When I read I stay in a circle of protection, and always use a cleansed deck. Often when I pick up a major arcana I'll experience a feeling that helps me understand the answer to my question. This time though my heart just stopped. It was only for a few seconds, not enough for me to black out, but I felt a large jerk in my chest and then nothing. No beat, no nothing. I'm a bit freaked out as I never had something like that happen. Any insight from anyone?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:12 AM
green

well, simply says: Go see a Doctor if you think something is wrong with your body. he is the only expert on the topic.

on a different level, i feel your approach to the tarot cards is full with fear, and i think it would be a smart idea to keep away from the cards until you get over whatever you are afraid of.

you don't need to do a reading in a protected circle, and you don't need to cleanse your deck each time, or ever. you put too much into it...

actually - when you form a drama you get one...
so go and see a doctor to know that everything is ok with you, and rethink you all approach to the card thing.

bless you
G
Old 15-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Ascender

I agree with green. I think it has to do with fear. Are you afraid of using the tarot?
Old 16-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Medium_Laura

My heart does that normally because I do have a defect. You should go see your doctor and rule out physical issues first.
Old 16-05-2011, 03:57 AM
LadyTerra

Greetings Xenophilia:

I have been a student of Tarot for nearly 30 years, now.

I cleanse my Decks--as well as all of my Tools--quarterly (each Wheel-of-the-Year).

Although I am an Empath and a definite proponent of following your feelings, instincts, and intuition--I would like to suggest a different approach to Tarot.

Perhaps you could try actually studying the meanings, symbolism, and numerology of Tarot--this might help to reign-in your attention and help you to focus on the messages coming through (by teaching you how to clarify them).

My favorite book regarding Tarot (and I have many) is P. Scott Hollander's "Tarot for Beginners"--it will help you to discover the many layers and aspects of Tarot--which will help you learn how to connect the dots.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 19-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Xenophilia

I do have a blood sugar problem and carefully monitor my intake. I don't fear the cards, as I feel they are merely tools for receiving messages from those who could not ordinarily tell me. What I do fear is the fact that I don't always have my mate with me to monitor the area while I read. I have been attacked before while reading, and so when he's not there I feel the need for extra precautions.
Old 19-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Medium_Laura

Then you do have fear, which can manifest as a physical reaction. As you've said, you've been attacked. Do you always put up protection when you read? Do you ask for the Divine to come or say a prayer? This might help you.

Remember though they are tools, you are accessing higher realms of consciousness and if you have fears but don't guard, you can draw to you negative forces.