Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-04-2011, 03:36 AM
stepspractice

I was given the MotherPeace tarot deck many years ago in the mid 1980's and I have never used another deck.

I have a natural affinity for this deck. It has beautiful drawings in a round card format and is feminist in nature. Very earthy but very much calling on the Divine in all aspects.

I use it to complement my practice in Knowledge - inner knowing - which I have been developing through the book Steps to Knowledge.

Great thread and thanks! Blessed be.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Moonkestrel

Just googled your deck stepspractice.....its gorgeous, can see why you love it!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:08 AM
seeker of wisdom

I use the thoth deck. I was studying Kabbalah and decided to get another deck besides the rider waite. I felt like i was drawn to it since my studies have led me into the golden dawn system which Aleister Crowley was a part of. It is an overwhelming deck once you start to explore the symbolism. it feels like a never ending well of knowledge. once i grasp one aspect like ten more reveal themselves.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:41 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Just googled your deck stepspractice.....its gorgeous, can see why you love it!

Hi Moonkestrel... I'm so glad you like the deck. Is there a particular deck that you connect with most deeply?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Moonkestrel

I love the Power Animal Oracle and Messages from you Animal Spirit Guides Oracle...both by Stephen Farmer. Also love the Crystal Ally cards by Naisha Ahsian.

Just got the Earth Magic Oracle (again by Stephen Farmer) but haven't used them yet.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder
My first deck I was drawn to was the Barbara Walker Tarot. I used that one for years. About a year ago I bought the thoth deck and right away felt comfortable with them. Can't say I understand everything involved, but each time I do a spread, a little more becomes clear.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Just got the Earth Magic Oracle (again by Stephen Farmer) but haven't used them yet.

Oooh, they are lovely.
Old 14-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Sunshinelady

I have several different kinds but I love just, simple, plain rider-Waite Tarot. Yes, I know it's kind of boring but they have helped me a lot when I do readings:-)
Old 14-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Ciqala

Number one on my list, "The Mayan Oracle". It is a very advanced system (advanced because it IS mayan, and also encourages energy work and even holding the cards connects you to galactic energies) based on star seeds, ancient maya star glyphs and numbers from the Tzolkin, beautiful sacred symbols, whereas tuning into high frequency energies of the glyphs you connect to them, it is more than an oracle deck, you can gain your wisdoms through the star glyphs themselves, and is not for future questions or predictions, it is the here and now work, it serves as a tool for activating the light body and learning of spiritual work only. It is very complex, and for beginners (even though in my experiencing working with other people, beginners do not enjoy this deck as it is very complex), there are pages of information on glyph, number and lense, and journeyer, this information does not tell you how it is, it makes you work - not many beginners enjoy that, but very intricate and very thorough, book is very thick, very long informations, it is by far my most favourite deck.

Number two, "Wisdom of the Hidden Realms" by Colette Baron-reid. This is a normal oracle card deck which answers any questions, my favourite normal type, the artwork is simply beautiful and stunning, the cards are silky smooth, magical, and they are rimmed with gold. This is an absolute favourite of everyone who i do readings for as well, they say the cards are always dead on accurate and are worded beautifully to speak to them about anything. Whenever they want oracle readings, they pick this deck out of all of my many collections of decks. The guidebook is beautifully worded.

Number Three, "11:11 Alignment Cards" by Zera Starchild of An.
These are simply the most NEAT and magical cards i have ever stumbled across. They are on number three only because they aren't exactly normal oracle cards, but i would classify them as the best on my list. They are actually pocket size, like normal playing cards, and they do not serve the purpose of oracle cards.
They are a tool for Aligning with and anchoring in your own angelic presence. They are designed to open vortexes, and bring in high frequencies when working with them. You can use them in any way, there are some spreads, but they basically tell you, how you are aligned currently, and what you can do, with quick little lessons to help you become more aligned. These cards are thee embodiment of magical.

Number Four, "The Heart of Faerie Oracle" by Brian and Wendy Froud. I have not had much experience with fairy cards, but these are simply beautiful and magical - on one day my friend and i used them, it connected us to the fairy kingdoms, and after using them we were blessed with loss of memory and interesting tricky things going on, it was a very magical experience. There is a full sized hard cover book, beautifully created. The guide book is the most amazing guidebook i've stumbled upon, and the answers very much stick to fairy wordings and tricky sentences, and gives amazing support and answers, and it's just a beautiful tool. All the fairies are categorized, and there is even a trickster fairy section, how cute! Very good lessons in these cards. The artwork is done by Brian Froud, and his wife is the writer. I must say, it is some of the most beautiful and unique artwork i've seen. The cards themselves, since there are so many of them, can be used as tarot and oracle, really beautiful. These cards are another common favourite for readings, the backs of them are amazing.

Number Five, "Ascended Masters Oracle Cards" by Doreen Virtue. These cards are simply amazing. They can help you connect to the ascended masters, or they can simply be tools to help answer any questions and give guidance. As the name suggests, each card is an ascended master. I love working with these cards, they are beautiful and unique.

Number Six "Path of the Soul Destiny Cards" by Sarah Lee Harnish. Amazing cards, but again, not ordinary oracle cards. They are made up out of designs of fractal energy art, which connect to high frequencies, and contain many layers of information within them. There is hardly a guidebook, there are some pointers to what the cards mean, but the sole purpose of these cards is to feel them intuitively and connect to the energies and gain your answers that way. The fractal energy art is beautiful on these cards!

And my all time favourite tarot deck, is "Shapeshifter Tarot" Dj Conway and Sirona Knight, art by Lisa Hunt. They are magical, accurate, beautifully worded book, stunning artwork, and the theme is shapeshifting power, lots of animals portrayed, but it helps with anything, beautiful cards, descriptions and guidances, and everything, full sized book.

So that's my top 7 :) I have such a huge collection other than that.

Old 15-04-2011, 02:20 AM
nightowl

I have two animal oracle card decks I thought I would show a few pics of the artwork.

Druid Animal Oracle Cards

Animal Medicine Cards