Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-03-2018, 05:30 AM
Master

Are my abilities causing my anxiety?

I have read that mediums have issues with anxiety. Im wondering if thats what is wrong with me. I have bad social anxiety and i have to take medicine for it. I want to know if my spiritual abilities are what is causing it or if its something else. Any advice? Also, i am not a medium, i can see spirits and get messages sometimes
Old 27-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Experiencer

It sounds like you are a super-sensitive person so it stands to reason you would feel anxious sometimes - or that it might be an issue for you. Google Highly Sensitive Person and you will find info on websites such as this: http://hsperson.com/

And, as an HSP you will be more inclined to pick up spirit and other messages. It is just you, a very sensitive - but in that very special - person .
Old 27-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Master
Hi,

I have read very similar things. If you follow some spiritial teachings you will be led to understand the various reasons for these anxieties.

The solution I advocate for bad social anxiety is both educational and reframing a person's outlook on life. Once you understand why the anxiety exists you can use 'mind over matter' techniques to alter your thought patterns.

Taking medications to dull the brain and repress anxious thought patterns will never be a long term solution as I see these things. Medications serve a short term service to prevent personal harm. However they are not that long term solution in my mind. Depending on where you are in life, it is best to evolve these patterns of thought which is often done with a qualified professional.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-04-2018, 03:07 AM
Master

Ok thank you both.
I was just curious because i have been reading a lot about people having spiritual abilities and their anxiety starts up when spirits are trying to connect. Some people dont know that spirits are trying to connect when they have the anxiety. Its before they know they have a gift.
So yeah i was just curious if that was the case with me. Lol
Old 05-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Experiencer
My guess would be that you are like me. I am highly sensitive to people only because if I am not grounded fully I am extremely empathic. I have the ability to pick up their energy and take it into my own. This can cause you to feel not only anxiety but also great sadness or even feelings of desperation depending upon what others may be feeling or going through. I think you may be very empathic. I got to one point in my life that I could not even watch the news if there was a major devestating event where many people died or suffered heartache and loss because it would take me weeks to get it out of my system. I am much more grounded now since that time and have a better ability to repel some of this absorbption. I am still sad about things, but it does not enter into my energy as it did before. Same thing with being around people or in a crowded room.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
I have read that mediums have issues with anxiety. Im wondering if thats what is wrong with me. I have bad social anxiety and i have to take medicine for it. I want to know if my spiritual abilities are what is causing it or if its something else. Any advice? Also, i am not a medium, i can see spirits and get messages sometimes

One, if you can see spirits and get messages, that makes you a medium. Just because you can only do it sometimes, doesn't change that.

Two to say mediums have issues with anxiety, is a very broad spectrum to refer to.

A medium is not going to have issues with anxiety because they are a medium. Ones gifts will not give you anxiety because of the gift themselves. Unless you connect fear to those gifts. Fear of using them. Fear of having them. Fear of seeing something. Feeling something. Etc. Then those gifts will give you fear.

Now what can happen is that many mediums are sensitive souls. They can pick up the energies/feelings/emotions of others and can take it on as their own. Thinking it is theirs, when in fact it comes from an outside source. If they are not properly grounded, or shielded, or deflecting those energies, they will take them on instead letting them go.

Now a sensitive person who feels energies/sensitive may get feelings of anxiety to convey a message that they are getting or an impression they are feeling. So it's not their anxiety, but just a way the energy is coming across because it's an anxious energy. Or it's an energy they can relate to.

Whewwwwww. OK, so that said, for you to know if the anxiety you are feeling is the result of those aforementioned things will require you to understand where your anxiety/nervousness is coming from. Does it stem from you or does it stem from outside of you.

Hope that helps some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
Ok thank you both.
I was just curious because i have been reading a lot about people having spiritual abilities and their anxiety starts up when spirits are trying to connect. Some people dont know that spirits are trying to connect when they have the anxiety. Its before they know they have a gift.
So yeah i was just curious if that was the case with me. Lol

This could be a couple of things really. It could be the state the spirit is in. IE, they are an earthbound, and still have a lot of anxiety/fear/nervousness to them, and the medium is picking up those feelings they have. Or the energy is high/low and causing them medium to feel this way, or that. Misinterpreting the energies they are feeling.
Old 15-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Master

Thank you spiritbird! I can relate to what you are saying. Makes a lot of sense!

Innerlight, i appreciate your response. I didnt know i could call myself a medium! Lol i wish i could get more developed. I sense things frequently, but its not something i control. The spirits and messages come when they want to. I do notice i will get visions (answers) after i pray and ask about something. But i dont pray enough!

But seeing spirits, like i said they come on their own time. I see people that i dont know...... For example, the other night i got the year "1938" and then i seen a lady with a skeleton face, and i thought it might be a woman that lived on this land with that death date. Well i walk to the local cemetery and sure enough, there is one lady buried with that death year. Our house has lots of paranormal activity sometimes... And i think she may be one of the spirits.

I get lots of things that dont make sense. But ive learned to accept it. This spiritual gift has tremendously helped me with the loss of my parents.

About the anxiety, your answer helped tremendously. I have always had anxiety, its just gotten worse as ive gotten older. It has gotten way worse after my dad passed away..... For whatever reason! I have medication for it though, thank God! A medium told me before that i was very ungrounded. So yeah i need to use some grounding stones!

Sorry for rambling!!!!
Old 15-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
If you want to develop your gifts than I would suggest taking a class, or a workshop on such things would be beneficial to your growth. They can give you the resources and knowledge and understanding of them and how yo strengthen and work with them. Now a days we have the technology to even learn this stuff in a digital class. Not as good as in person, but it can be done.

Yes, spirit and messages come when they want to. Not when we want them to. Many will seek a medium because they want to speak to Aunt Jane. However Aunt Jane may decide to not come forward, or even give a message. Human spirits have freewill much like they do in life. Or perhaps Aunt Jane doesn't want to talk to the person who wants to speak to them. It happens too.

Quote:
About the anxiety, your answer helped tremendously. I have always had anxiety, its just gotten worse as ive gotten older. It has gotten way worse after my dad passed away..... For whatever reason! I have medication for it though, thank God! A medium told me before that i was very ungrounded. So yeah i need to use some grounding stones!

If your anxiety has gotten worse after your dad died, then I would say there is something connected to his passing that is triggering within you. Fear of some sort perhaps. Fear of loss. Fear of rejection. Fear of not helping them in their time of need. Things like that. Anxiety we have usually has a trigger point within our life. That we become stuck and fixated on, and the scenes keep playing out within our minds.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am of the school that we all come in with the same abilities just that we do not all open that door is all. I came into this life open channel medium so I do not know what its like no to be me. its the same with my kids but they all just go with the flow is all never fought against it.

I know that its a drain physically and mentally and the more you fight against it, it seems it gets stronger and harder to just pass off.

I would never go against Dr's advice on being put on something, and I have at times taken things for stress. I have not found that it changed me hearing things or seeing things more it helped with the day to day stresses of life and helped me get some sleep at times.

I have found that if I just look for what brings on the stress and deal with that as it comes up I can be more balanced. I am tired of late as there has been more work to be done with the events around us.

Lynn
Old 27-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Master

Thank you innerlight for your help.

And thank you Lynn for your help!!!
I am going to pm you Lynn.