Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Drunk meditation, pressure at the top of the head

I have been experimenting with trying to stay aware whilst drinking alcohol. After a couple of failures, I finally managed to reach a state where the drink actually pushed me into a deeper state of awareness and meditation. At the same time, I could really feel a pressure at the top of the head (at the "soft spot" or fontanelle). Anyone else had this experience?
Old 25-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritictus
I have been experimenting with trying to stay aware whilst drinking alcohol. After a couple of failures, I finally managed to reach a state where the drink actually pushed me into a deeper state of awareness and meditation. At the same time, I could really feel a pressure at the top of the head (at the "soft spot" or fontanelle). Anyone else had this experience?

I am a non-drinker so I cannot confirm your alcohol-related experience. However, I can say that, when thoughts subside in deep meditation, one becomes aware of vibrations that are subtler than thoughts and which appear at the crown of the head, as you duly noted. Those subtler vibrations are difficult to describe but might appear to some as "pressure", as you described in conjunction with the alcohol intake. I am guessing that the relaxed alcohol-induced state may have triggered a deeper meditation than usual and may have triggered the sensation which you described at the top of the head. (Normally, in meditation, focusing on the breath is used to relax as opposed to alcohol. Yours is a unique approach. )

Being a non-drinker, as noted above, I cannot answer your question definitively from direct experience. Hopefully, this may help in some small way.
Old 25-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I am a non-drinker so I cannot confirm your alcohol-related experience. However, I can say that, when thoughts subside in deep meditation, one becomes aware of vibrations that are subtler than thoughts and which appear at the crown of the head, as you duly noted. Those subtler vibrations are difficult to describe but might appear to some as "pressure", as you described in conjunction with the alcohol intake. I am guessing that the relaxed alcohol-induced state may have triggered a deeper meditation than usual and may have triggered the sensation which you described at the top of the head. (Normally, in meditation, focusing on the breath is used to relax as opposed to alcohol. Yours is a unique approach. )

Being a non-drinker, as noted above, I cannot answer your question definitively from direct experience. Hopefully, this may help in some small way.

Interesting! Thank you. Normally for meditation, I do use the breath watching technique, but relaxation only comes if I am lucky and get past the initial storms of thought and fidgeting. Meditating seems to actually remove the relaxed state from alcohol initially, and takes me to a sort of post consumption hangover state with hyper awareness before letting me into a relaxed meditative state.
Maintaining awareness whilst consuming alcohol is an extremely hard task especially if you have consumed enough, but it seems like it can be a valuable tool in training your mind, provided you do not use it as an excuse to keep consuming and turn into an alcoholic Various Tantric traditions seem to have used this in the past.
Old 26-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Master
While the enigmatic labyrinth of oneness may reveal ITSELF in the darkest dungeons if IT so chooses, yet, as a general principle, if we accept that awareness is magnified during meditation, it may be prudent to engage in the experience in silence and stillness or prayer in effortless, accentuated intuitive attention, without fragmented thought.

Just a suggestion

Old 27-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritictus
Interesting! Thank you. Normally for meditation, I do use the breath watching technique, but relaxation only comes if I am lucky and get past the initial storms of thought and fidgeting. Meditating seems to actually remove the relaxed state from alcohol initially, and takes me to a sort of post consumption hangover state with hyper awareness before letting me into a relaxed meditative state.
Maintaining awareness whilst consuming alcohol is an extremely hard task especially if you have consumed enough, but it seems like it can be a valuable tool in training your mind, provided you do not use it as an excuse to keep consuming and turn into an alcoholic Various Tantric traditions seem to have used this in the past.

While I would not personally recommend using alcohol as an aid in meditation (), I have learned that people of different temperaments often use unusual techniques either rightly or wrongly from an external perception to eventually connect to the Source and restore original nature. Therefore, I don't judge.

Your post was quite interesting and made me think.
Old 27-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
While I would not personally recommend using alcohol as an aid in meditation (), I have learned that people of different temperaments often use unusual techniques either rightly or wrongly from an external perception to eventually connect to the Source and restore original nature. Therefore, I don't judge.

Your post was quite interesting and made me think.

Glad it did! It certainly isn't ideal to rely on it for meditation all the time, and if not careful, one can get dragged down into it. Not to mention the various health problems :)
Old 27-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
While the enigmatic labyrinth of oneness may reveal ITSELF in the darkest dungeons if IT so chooses, yet, as a general principle, if we accept that awareness is magnified during meditation, it may be prudent to engage in the experience in silence and stillness or prayer in effortless, accentuated intuitive attention, without fragmented thought.

Just a suggestion

Thank you!
Old 30-11-2018, 02:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Very interesting

I drink sometimes but that might just work for me. I'm new to this kind of stuff. My mind is always racing due to my mental condition.
I think I had a spirit in my apartment a couple times. My phone started doing weird things out of nowhere.