Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Experiencer
Core Beliefs vs Spiritual Awakening

Hi
So as I go through my journey and learn more about myself, I see I have core beliefs which really don't serve me. So I am trying to change these into ones which I feel are more in alignment with 'truth'. Such as 'i am worthy', 'I am lovable', 'I am abundant' etc.

I was wondering though, isn't creating new core beliefs to overwrite the old tapes just creating more ego? I am trying to create new beliefs which are more flexible. Do enlightened people still have core beliefs?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Master
Do enlightened people still have core beliefs?

they don't belief, they know
Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Master
Hello,

Spiritual awakening is a process of evolving beliefs which no longer serve you. That is not ego. It is wisdom.

There is a saying that the only core truth is that each of us is Love Incarnate. Now if you actually believe such a thing as that and live your life as if it were your core reality then the other beliefs you wrap around that would be inconsequential.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

Spiritual awakening is a process of evolving beliefs which no longer serve you. That is not ego. It is wisdom.

There is a saying that the only core truth is that each of us is Love Incarnate. Now if you actually believe such a thing as that and live your life as if it were your core reality then the other beliefs you wrap around that would be inconsequential.

John

This is great. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Guide
Such fabulous replies by John and Rah nam!

It becomes more about inner knowing, as believing in any belief system brings contraints and inhibitions rather than just 'being'. That said, we sometimes we need belief systems to either give us comfort - or truly to help give us direction before we evolve beyond them

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 05-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Knower

With spiritual awakening comes elevated
consciousness. Through this process,
one obtains wisdom and old belief systems
fall away.

Personally, through a thorough understanding
of the Universe (as you gain insight through
your journey of exploration) you will see the
truth.

I don't care for mantras at all. It is simply a
version of autohypnosis and can completely
derail authentic enlightenment. As you come
to a deeper understanding of the Universe,
love naturally arises. Same with the feelings
of infinite potential, value, and abundance.

Sure, meditation / deep contemplation
of the Universe will help with the
deconstruction process, but mindlessly
reciting mantras will not with the
sole expectation of some type of "reward".
Old 05-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
So as I go through my journey and learn more about myself, I see I have core beliefs which really don't serve me. So I am trying to change these into ones which I feel are more in alignment with 'truth'. Such as 'i am worthy', 'I am lovable', 'I am abundant' etc.

I was wondering though, isn't creating new core beliefs to overwrite the old tapes just creating more ego? I am trying to create new beliefs which are more flexible. Do enlightened people still have core beliefs?

Thanks.

I think it is more about emptying our cup than trying to replace the contents with some beverage that is deemed better.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi

Thanks.

I would say, don't try to create new beliefs but delve into the ones you already have, go really deep and try to find out where they came from. Who told you you are not worthy, not lovable, not this and that? You were not born unworthy and unlovable, so who told you, what happened? Try to feel and understand yourself deeply, how and when was your ego built and put together. Remember your beginning. Your beliefs and ego (and anyone's ego) is just like a heavy coat we drag around with us. It protects us, yes, but it also stifles us. Try to find out who you really are. Who am I? is the most important question you can ask. When you go deeper into this question you will find all kinds of things inside of you, beliefs, voices, emotions, preferences, habits, etc that you are NOT. Once you realize what you are not you can let it go. In fact, once you see it, it goes by itself, it falls off of you like a leave in autumn. And then, only then you will see who you really are. Who you really are is something that can't be put into words, nor does it need to be.