Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Medium_Laura

Knowing your truth

The final article for my pendulum series is upon us. If you’ve followed the past two months you should have a solid working relationship with your pendulum and I hope you are enjoying all the wonderful things that it can help you with in your daily lives.

One of the greatest things about your pendulum is that it connects to your soul within you. It cannot lie, but it can give false readings depending on how you are asking the question. Every morning, establish your factors – Yes, No, Need more information. Note your swings before you begin your questioning.
Daily practice and work with it can also help you live a more worry-free life.

As I covered in my last two articles, there are various ways that our pendulum can help us make choices, truth-test our decisions that seem difficult and find out why we aren’t feeling the greatest, but did you know that your pendulum has many more uses for an easier, smoother daily life? I cannot possibly cover all the ways available but I will give you some more things to think about.

Did you know…..

• Your pendulum can help you decide the best possible place to have your next holiday or vacation?

• It can help you choose which books to read that will help you in your field of work, spiritual journey or even your university/college tests.

• It can help you decide if a babysitter or new dance/music teacher is the right fit for your child.

• It can help you determine the timing of events in the future that you already know will happen. ie: your friend just got engaged, you can help her with your pendulum to find the best time to say her nuptials.

• Your pendulum can even help you determine the timing to ask for a raise or a promotion.

• It can help you find the best compatible roommate or potential love interest; for your highest good.

• Your pendulum can help you choose houses if you are looking to move. You can simply write each address on a separate piece of paper, fold them up tight and shuffle them around. Set them about a hand’s width apart from each other and ask your pendulum which is for your highest good. Wait for it to swing “yes” over one of them. If you don’t get a “yes”, keep looking for that perfect home!

• Asking your pendulum about your partner’s job, raise, travel delays is also great to do, just remember that your pendulum is connected to your higher self. Working on questions for others may give you conflicting answers. The better the connection you have with your pendulum, the better it will answer for others as well as yourself.

• Your pendulum can aid you with what type of pet is best for your child or yourself.

• When to plant a fairy garden or a butterfly garden and where!

• It can assist you in finding out the best week to go out and photograph fall leaves and even where to go.

• It can help you determine if a business venture is in your best interest, or if the person offering you a great deal is legitimate.

• The pendulum will assist you in the best course of action in legal matters. Is it a good time to get married? Divorced? Take someone to court to win?

• Find the name of your spirit guides and the roles they play in your life. Using your pendulum you can ask if they are male or female and even determine what century right down to the exact year. “All things considered is it optimal that my protector guide’s name starts with A? B?” etc. Do this for the years as well. “All things considered, is it optimal that my guide Lucy had a past life with me in the 1700s? 1800s?”

I recently looked into a past life of mine where I was trying to determine the reason I have such a phobia of water. Deep water mostly. The pendulum was able to tell me that I was a male named Bernard who lived in Bresse’ France in 1736. One of the reasons I had problems with water was because in that lifetime I had worked on ships that did exports. Asking several questions about my life and my job on the ship, I discovered that while trying to help someone in a storm, I was tossed overboard into the sea and drown.

You can even truth test your own dreams and the analysis of them. What if you had a dream about something that seemed very real and you want to know if this was the memory of a past life. I recall a vivid dream of being a Native American woman who was being pulled behind a horse and led into a valley of strangers. Through the working of my pendulum I was able to determine that it was in the 1500s, I was 17 years old and I had been captured by a band of raiding Natives and taken to their camp to be a slave. My pendulum confirmed that my dream wasn’t just something I had seen on television, but was one of my past lives. You can truth test all the details that you recall to be sure it wasn’t just a random dream, but indeed a memory. You may even be able to learn why you were shown this particular life, it could be hinting to a lesson that you are going through again in this one.

The possibilities are endless. If you have a decision or a dilemma, your pendulum can save you hours and days of over-thinking and worry; helping you to lead a more carefree lifestyle.

Practice daily with your pendulum, you can do the card practice as well as the others that I have covered in the past articles. If you would like to “see” how I work with a pendulum, you can go to my free youtube videos that I’ve made to show you how it works. Just search for MsVideotutorials and you’ll find me!

Remember that our pendulum does not predict events or outcomes; it can only access your spirit within and the connection you have with the Universe. Work on wording your questions; don’t ask the same question over and over hoping for the answer you would like to hear. You will only be fooling yourself, literally!

Brightest Blessings,

© Laura Evans
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Kruise

Hi Laura,
Thanks for all your postings on the pendulum that you've done. I've also watched your friends Youtube sessions.
I noticed you mentioned above about an example about asking if your Guides name started with an A? B? etc.
I actually tried finding this information out a different way by writing all the letters of the alphabet down and the pendulum selected 9 letters for me, so I figured that these 9 letters make up the name. However, I don't seem to be having much luck in getting the letters in the right order. Do you think it is because I'm not being patient enough? It is obviously quite a time consuming patient thing to go through spelling out things. I asked the pendulum if it was a foreign name to me and got a Yes, so that probably isn't helping me trying to work it out.
Any easier or quicker thoughts on gettings letters right for spellings out things?
Thanks
K.x
Old 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Medium_Laura

While a pendulum is fast, there is some patience involved especially with a name.

You can try and write a list of names with the letters you were given.

Brating

Trabgin

then ask "Is it optimal that any of the names I've written are correct?"

If you still get a no, try skipping the name for a while. You may have been anxious or tired while pendling.

You should be in a relaxed state, try and remove an emotional attachment to the outcome. Make sure no feet are crossed, you are sitting up right but relaxed. If you still can't get it to pendle... go for a walk and try that question in a few days. Work on other questions that are more neutral (things you really don't care about the answer to.) such as. Is it probable my neighbor is wearing red?

Keeping a Divining journal is also great because as you learn to work with it you can confirm answers that may be in the future.

Is it probable that it will rain? What percent chance? 10? 20? etc.

Practice a lot, get it used to your energy and get yourself used to the feeling of calm/relaxed.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Medium_Laura

I also just asked my pendulum for other ways to help you.

It gave me this :P

Pendulumcharts.com

Look for an alphabet chart :)
Old 06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Master
Loving your thread :)

I love working with my new pendulum

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Medium_Laura

Aww thanks Topaz! I'm glad that you are :) it is an extension of you :)
Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM
LightFilledHeart

I've enjoyed these articles. The pendulem is one of many divination tools, and as such can be a valuable adjunct to one's spiritual journey. It's important though to remember that tools are exactly that. They do not replace direct knowing and if used too frequently (i.e., if one becomes dependent on them) can actually slow one's progress or halt it altogether. All divination systems (and the pendulem in particular) are subject to the influence of one's conscious or unconscious desires/fears, so it's important to keep that in mind and take some answers provided by same with a grain of salt. That said, I have one and use it on occasion when I want some added confirmation for what I'm getting intuitively from within. I don't, however, ask it what I should eat for lunch [Don't laugh... I had a friend who did so! She could not make the smallest decision without consulting hers! ]
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Medium_Laura

At first using it for "deciding what to eat for lunch" can be beneficial. What if you're not sure if it has gluten in the product and you have a gluten allergy?

I agree they are tools but they will give you "mushy" answers if you are over using it and yes.... they can be subject to "wishful divining" as well.

I use it for a lot of things in my life, many times a day. What computer is best for my needs (I don't like all the jargon and sales pitches).

What food is best for me this morning? Is it protein I need in eggs? Maybe I need the iron from a piece of meat.

I love using my pendulum and muscle testing for many daily things. Not everyone is as intuitive as the rest. Pendulums can actually open you up to learn to be more receptive to guidance further down the road.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Kruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I also just asked my pendulum for other ways to help you.

It gave me this :P

Pendulumcharts.com

Look for an alphabet chart :)

Thanks again Laura for this information. Yes I admit I probably have been tired when I sat down with the letters, and did get interrupted a couple of times. I can definitely feel the energy there, its just working with it and learning as you say.
I'll try again when the time is right, but will have a look at that website in the meantime.
Thanks again.
K.x
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
LightFilledHeart

At first using it for "deciding what to eat for lunch" can be beneficial. What if you're not sure if it has gluten in the product and you have a gluten allergy?

That's not how this woman uses it. She simply cannot make a decision without consulting it! I said, "You don't know if you want soup or salad??", and she said, "No"! Pathetic, and most assuredly a mis-use of what could otherwise be a helpful tool, so long as it never replaces your ability to look within for answers without the assistance of same

I agree they are tools but they will give you "mushy" answers if you are over using it and yes.... they can be subject to "wishful divining" as well.

Agreed, and in addition to the "wishful divining", they can also be influenced by fear, as in "That which I fear the most has been revealed!" Fear, unfortunatley, is a powerful magnet. And not only will they give you "mushy" answers, but wildly inaccurate ones! It's as if the powers that be are saying, "Stop relying on things outside yourself and look within without the crutch of your tools...!"

I use it for a lot of things in my life, many times a day. What computer is best for my needs (I don't like all the jargon and sales pitches).

What food is best for me this morning? Is it protein I need in eggs? Maybe I need the iron from a piece of meat.

I base those kinds of decisions on my own intuitive reading of the energy. I find it to be the most trust-worthy,and since the goal for us all is to learn to access our own ability to determine such things withOUT the assistance of tools we tend to become dependent on, I find it to be more in keeping with and supportive of my own development on the spiritual path.

I love using my pendulum and muscle testing for many daily things. Not everyone is as intuitive as the rest. Pendulums can actually open you up to learn to be more receptive to guidance further down the road.

Granted not everyone is as intuitive as the next person, but psychic gifts are ours by birthright, and you don't develope them by relying on tools. Psychic gifts are rather like a muscle that strengthens with use and atrophies with the lack of. If one is desirous of walking the spiritual path and achieving enlightenment and self-realization, the goal should be to strengthen those God-given abilities, not become dependent on a tool. Such tools are not even always that accurate, whereas inner sensing/knowing almost always IS

To each his or her own