Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-04-2018, 01:58 AM
Master
I attempted to read Neale Donald Walsh once, but something got lost in translation....exactly the same thing that gets lost whenever I 'talk to God'.

So God will say "I am you" which leaves me asking "who am I even talking to then"? am I simply just talking to myself if I am God...and if so, what is the whole point and purpose of it?

It just confuses me too much...or confuses God...one or the other...or both...
Old 20-04-2018, 02:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I attempted to read Neale Donald Walsh once, but something got lost in translation....exactly the same thing that gets lost whenever I 'talk to God'.

So God will say "I am you" which leaves me asking "who am I even talking to then"? am I simply just talking to myself if I am God...and if so, what is the whole point and purpose of it?

It just confuses me too much...or confuses God...one or the other...or both...

Neale named his co writing partner God. But really he was asking and listening to himself as the whole.

Yes we do end up talking to what we create it to be. You answered your own question because you asked and you already know somewhere within you its within you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 20-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Neale named his co writing partner God. But really he was asking and listening to himself as the whole.

Yes we do end up talking to what we create it to be. You answered your own question because you asked and you already know somewhere within you its within you.
Maybe I'm just overthinking it or overanalyzing it.

It all boils down to awareness and what is actually aware of the awareness of Self and it's my biggest 'sticking point' with spirituality as a whole.

Over the past two days, I have tried, in various threads, to articulate the conundrum of existence without any conditioned perception, as in what 'talks' and what is 'listening' and what actually is God within the whole relational framework of an individuised reality within the all-inclusive reality of the Divine and is there ever such an animal as "I am God" if everything is God?

Is it the ego which creates a notion of God to talk to? or is God self-aware without even having a self to be aware of because the self is God...and who/what is typing this? is it God...is it me (ego)...and/or neither/either or both which may apply?

So, I have decided, after hiding it for so long to just put it out there and ask these questions and see what happens.
Old 20-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:

Seems you have your answer.

It really isn't that complicated.
Old 20-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalli
Seems you have your answer.

It really isn't that complicated.
For me it is complex and I realise it shouldn't be...but it is.

Suffice to say, you could also say that I 'have my answer' because whenever I am in that state, I cannot talk, listen or really do anything else...which adds to the whole conundrum of being without actually being anyway...but maybe I am just a skeptic in full-on denial of being one. lol
Old 20-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:

It all boils down to awareness and what is actually aware of the awareness of Self and it's my biggest 'sticking point' with spirituality as a whole.

Over the past two days, I have tried, in various threads, to articulate the conundrum of existence without any conditioned perception, as in what 'talks' and what is 'listening' and what actually is God within the whole relational framework of an individuised reality within the all-inclusive reality of the Divine and is there ever such an animal as "I am God" if everything is God?

Is it the ego which creates a notion of God to talk to? or is God self-aware without even having a self to be aware of because the self is God...and who/what is typing this? is it God...is it me (ego)...and/or neither/either or both which may apply?

So, I have decided, after hiding it for so long to just put it out there and ask these questions and see what happens.
Being that all this, including me, is an expression of God, maybe it makes more sense to change "I am God" to "God is me".

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 20-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Being that all this, including me, is an expression of God, maybe it makes more sense to change "I am God" to "God is me".
Yes, but I have also attempted the juxtaposition, only to leave the question of 'what is the difference?' go begging.

To get to the root of the dilemma...I love God and I love myself, however the dichotomy is self-evident if either I am God or vice versa. The intellectualisation intensifies, when I also ask myself/God "how can I be something which is also beyond the awareness and experience of my 'being' it?" and I guess the adage of "I am but a part of God" then applies, but what about the other part that isn't God if everything is?

No doubt, there's a simple answer that I am overlooking here, but I cannot see it...but I am also fully aware that not everything can be 'seen' or even 'understood' or intellectualised/rationalised in any way, but all my rationality goes 'wait up...you can't really believe that if it all transcends belief'.

...and so, for some, God is a source of energy/consciousness and essentially 'who they are' and for others, God exists as a 'being' of sorts that exists despite anything else actually existing...and I understand that both views are correct, even though they obviously contradict...and thus I am thrown into endless manifestations of 'higher mind' under the premise of it being 'God'.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:

In Gestalt 'Therapy' people are encouraged/stimulated to speak to and listen from 'the point of view' of various (different) aspects of themselves (of their 'selves').

'You' can 'talk' to and 'hear' from one's 'anger' or your 'depression' or your 'joy' or your 'love' etc., etc. etc. to get a better handle on as well as benefit from the 'message' 'these' are 'sending' 'you' ,for instance.

One can also talk to and hear from whatever one (generally unconsciously) thinks of as and/or feels to be 'God', one's 'greater' or 'higher' 'self', etc. using the same 'technique'.

The idea is that one's personality is a 'gestalt' which is composed of and so includes many aspects and levels of 'being' and that by having these consciously 'talk' and 'listen' to one another, the personality may/can become healthy(er) i.e. wholesome(er) - in the sense that all of its aspects are then more consciously included)/integrated.

Check out https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/ges...air-technique/ - it may give you some ideas (whereby, if nothing else, 'you' may answer some of the questions 'you' have raised).
Old 20-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apostle, Paul
As Paul or whoever wrote (in the Letter to the Philippians): "Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Is he saying virtue and praise aint a good thing?
Nah, you must have read it too fast - he's sayin' these are 'good' thangs!

Great, you are into writing a book. Woohoo!

I just got signed up with Balboa Press based on the first chapter of the treatise I am writing. I hoping that will 'spur' me to complete it faster.
Old 20-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I'd say that when things come that you are not focused on then subconsciously within you are unconsciously focused on things coming to you that you are not consciously focused on.
Brilliant!